2021 2nd Generation Honda Vezel / HR-V

Carbon82

1 hour ago, lexiton said:

hybrid or petrol?

I forgot to specify. Mine is a petrol. Mileage is based on what i see on the dashboard. I would think that i am quite light-footed. Rpm rarely exceed 2000.

I was averaging around 16.5 km/l for the first thousand km. After I got my first servicing done at the one thousand km mark my FC worsened to 14km/l 😓. Maybe I've become a little more "trigger happy" with the pedal after the feeling of novelty of a new car is over. 

Petrol variant here obviously. 

• Praise 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, KJM92 said:

I was averaging around 16.5 km/l for the first thousand km. After I got my first servicing done at the one thousand km mark my FC worsened to 14km/l 😓. Maybe I've become a little more "trigger happy" with the pedal after the feeling of novelty of a new car is over. 

I had the same experience. My fuel consumption went up by a bit after first servicing.

Just informed by Kah Motors sales agent that latest Honda HRV is open for booking with early promo discount of $5K.

Base model (DX) is quoted approx $124K/126K resp (6-bids NG/G) for the impending 5 Jan 2022 coe bidding.

Comes with rear aircon whereas PI's vezel seems to have no rear aircon. Unfortunately HRV stocks will arrive in March/April whereas PI stock is either ex-stock or ETA January 2022.

I'm very undecided bec my other driving family members strongly prefer HRV. 

Looking to buy a 2021 model Vezel from a PI for the first time...haha

One PI even has petrol version Vezel with all the bells and whistles ie front electric seats, auto folding side  mirrors, rear aircon and electric tailgate. 

Wondering how major is the Jap language issue with regard to driving safety? 

How do present vezel owners handle the Japanese info on the console? (Demo at PI showroom somewhat fuzzy)

Comments appreciated.

[My apologies if I sound like a bumpkin as I never dealt with PI b4 :)) ]

• Praise 2

On 12/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, KJM92 said:

Likely factory original fill engine oil is thinner. Local workshop like to fill thick engjne oil if you never give instructions what to fill.

Most modern engine are suppose to use 5W20 or 5W30 engjne oil.

43 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Likely factory original fill engine oil is thinner. Local workshop like to fill thick engjne oil if you never give instructions what to fill.

Most modern engine are suppose to use 5W20 or 5W30 engjne oil.

Even BMW engine is using 5w-20.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, cashcow said:

Just informed by Kah Motors sales agent that latest Honda HRV is open for booking with early promo discount of $5K.

Base model (DX) is quoted approx $124K/126K resp (6-bids NG/G) for the impending 5 Jan 2022 coe bidding.

Comes with rear aircon whereas PI's vezel seems to have no rear aircon. Unfortunately HRV stocks will arrive in March/April whereas PI stock is either ex-stock or ETA January 2022.

One PI even has petrol version Vezel with all the bells and whistles ie front electric seats, auto folding side  mirrors, rear aircon and electric tailgate. 

How do present vezel owners handle the Japanese info on the console? (Demo at PI showroom somewhat fuzzy)

Comments appreciated.

when the safety alert/ alarm comes on, it will usually disappear before i look down. for those that i managed to catch would be that the car sense an impending crash or there are obstacles too close. those are easy to interpret. 

for my day to day use, i dont usually scroll through the menu. FC is my key focus thus it is always my front page.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, cashcow said:

Comments appreciated.

No issue with the Japanese wordings. There’re so many PI JDM models on the road, not only Vezel. But since the PI has demo to you and you still find it fuzzy, I think you should consider HRV. 

best to experience it yourself. You can consider renting one to drive for a day to see if the Japanese instructions bother you too much.

• Praise 2

FC is indeed the priority of most vezal or HRV. 

I would avoid staying behind  one at a traffic light junction.

But many would also tend to  travel on the R lane while being mindful of their FC at the same time. 

That's how I always end up WOT to undertake. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

FC is indeed the priority of most vezal or HRV. 

I would avoid staying behind  one at a traffic light junction.

But many would also tend to  travel on the R lane while being mindful of their FC at the same time. 

That's how I always end up WOT to undertake. 

Yep, when they climb slopes, the pressure on the gas remains the same... and they will drop 20-30kph... sigh...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1