2021 2nd Generation Honda Vezel / HR-V

Carbon82

5 minutes ago, therock said:

What is your comparator bro?

Need to compare meh? Basically Honda jazz hybrid engine in a slightly bigger body for 150k

• Praise 1

Yes of course..

Which other car with the same specs is far cheaper?

1 minute ago, Acegab said:

Need to compare meh? Basically Honda jazz hybrid engine in a slightly bigger body for 150k

Neutral Newbie

Hello everyone who has this car,

I'm from Malaysia, and as usual we are last in the car release. I'd like to ask those who have seen or test this car, how much space is in the rear passenger row, width wise?

Is it the same as the previous generation HR-V? Or the new Civic? Surely, it is tighter than a CRV?

Neutral Newbie

@wongpumpkins The E:Hev Vezel/HR-V is supposed to be in CAT A, based from published statistics from UK and Japan. Singapore PIs ruined the Category by submitting CAT B stats simply by stacking the engine HP and Electric Motor output. Carle used to boast that the Vezel could output 233hp. They quickly amended it after a few people have questioned them. My suggestion to everyone is to not buy this E:Hev model until something is done to fix the error.

• Praise 1

@lee82gx I test drive it on Saturday. The ride was good. It has sufficient torque and is not laggy. But you can feel the nvh is not so good. Interior wise, leg space is good. A 1.8m pax will feel sufficient leg room.but the rear centre seat is pop up.so sitting there feels uncomfortable. Quality wise is only so so. A lot of hard plastic.boot space is quite small too

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, Tlks said:

@lee82gx I test drive it on Saturday. The ride was good. It has sufficient torque and is not laggy. But you can feel the nvh is not so good. Interior wise, leg space is good. A 1.8m pax will feel sufficient leg room.but the rear centre seat is pop up.so sitting there feels uncomfortable. Quality wise is only so so. A lot of hard plastic.boot space is quite small too

Fair assessment. The 1.5L petrol engine gives 117hp and 142 mn of torque, just enuff to get by sg roads driving but would probably strain if say carrying 5 pax going up Sheares bridge. Some improvement of nvh over the previous gen model but still can be better. Bottom line story remains = you get for what you pay.

HRV base model comes with rear aircon whereas Vezel generally comes without rear aircon altho it can be fitted with aftermarket oem options. Good to check out various competitive offerings from AD and PI's.

[Note: we are discussing about the cat A petrol version. not hybrid which comes under cat B.]

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

@Tlks 

3 hours ago, Tlks said:

I guess my question is : suppose you want to carry 3 large 80kg adult passengers in the rear, average height say 1.70m. Which would be more comfortable in terms of space ? Civic or HRV?

I understand the Center bump and it already deducts points. Now if there is not enough hip room or shoulder room then it’s even worse I suppose. But is it?

On 1/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, Theoldjaffa said:

Think Honda has a winner with the Vezel. Nice exterior looks but it’s got the iPad interior which doesn’t look integrated.

3C92C719-1E12-4E34-9174-BF964DA98ED2.jpeg

I like the blue one beside it a little bit more :D

• Haha! 3

newbie here.... is it a blessing that we haven't seen much of the new Vezel on the road so far?

I just went to view it together with the Yaris Cross over the weekend at AML. Quite enticing with the fact that after I trade in my 5yr old city and all the what's not, I m paying almost the same amt mthly currently.  Of course, if I choose the Yaris Cross, it will be lower than my current installment. 

The only downside I have with this car is that the menu cannot be changed to English unlike Yaris Cross. This is the problem with JDM Honda. 

And based on current car price, I highly doubt this new Vezel will continue to be the National Car of SG. The G spec is selling at 120k and the ehev X is coming close to 140k. I doubt any PHV company wld risk this amt and charge $80-90 a day hoping for ppl to rent from them in the current economy.