2021 2nd Generation Honda Vezel / HR-V

Carbon82

7 hours ago, haituni said:

rice agar agar how much?

if the new hybrid jazz is priced at 100k++, so I guess the hybrid vezel will be 120k++?

Edited by charsiewfan

8 hours ago, therock said:

My Kah motor friend says it’ll be here before year end.. huat ah 

Did your friend mentioned going to bring in the MIT or JDM version?🤔

Edited by Kopites

8 hours ago, therock said:

My Kah motor friend says it’ll be here before year end.. huat ah 

Year end? PI will have it on sale probably in 1 month time

Edited by Soya

8 minutes ago, Soya said:

PIs Vezel and AD HRV again? If PI faster again, then PIs win again. Just see how many Vezels and HRVs on the roads you know already. 

40 minutes ago, Soya said:

Japan production expected to start in April.

It will not be running on our road till August

Internal Moderator

2022-honda-hr-v-global-version.jpg

A cleaner design makes the small crossover look more mature.

Honda has introduced the third generation of its HR-V subcompact crossover in Japan. Global markets will largely be getting this version of the small CUV whereas North America is going to have its own HR-V. It’s unclear whether there will be major differences between the two, but in the meantime, let’s have a look at the JDM-spec Vezel.

It eschews the plethora of creases of its predecessor and goes for a cleaner and more mature look making the HR-V look all grown up. At the front, the slatted grille seemingly blends with the bumper and is flanked by slimmer headlights with upper LED daytime running lights that form a visual connection thanks to the chrome strip above the grille.

Spoiler

The side profile reveals a similar coupe-like roofline as its predecessor from which the new HR-V has also inherited the “hidden” rear door handles mounted near the C-pillars. A dual-pane panoramic glass roof makes the cabin feel more spacious and there’s plastic cladding around the wheel arches to remind us this is still a crossover. Depending on the trim level, wheel size varies from 16 to 18 inches.

At the back, the revamped HR-V is the latest model to adopt a wide LED light bar that stretches from one taillight to the other. The derrière looks quite sporty and there’s a power tailgate on the upper-spec models. The blue accents of the Honda logo and the “EHV” badge on the tailgate indicate there’s a hybrid powertrain underneath the hood.

The interior has also been overhauled and there’s now a tablet-like infotainment system with a nine-inch touchscreen. Another design trend we’ve seen in other cars has been implemented inside the HR-V where there’s an apparent large air vent stretching across the width of the dashboard. Honda’s proprietary Magic Seats are still there to aid practicality.

Details about the crossover’s size have not been disclosed, but we’re getting the impression the new HR-V is bigger than the model it replaces. For the time being, Honda says it will offer the Vezel in Japan with a naturally aspirated 1.5-liter gasoline engine part of a hybrid powertrain with “real-time AWD” capabilities. There will also be a non-hybrid model with a 2WD layout at a lower price tag, with specs for both variants to be released at a later date.

Honda will have the Vezel on sale in Japan this April ahead of a global launch programmed to take place later this year. The US-spec HR-V is expected for the 2022 model year, so it should debut in the latter half of 2021.

10 hours ago, Nudgedoink said:

Yeah. Minimum one year and price will be at least 12k more than jazz hybrid I feel. No longer in the bread and butter car zone is my guess.

If $12k more than it would be easily $115k and above based on today's COE prices. Can't move at that price in my opinion.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

If people are willing to pay 100k for an Elantra or Mazda 3 

I’m sure 115k is fine

the competition will come from the Yaris Cross and cx30

higher up the RAV4 is another competitor 

but if it has a good hybrid system the costs will come down

looks nice 👍 

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, therock said:

If people are willing to pay 100k for an Elantra or Mazda 3 

I’m sure 115k is fine

the competition will come from the Yaris Cross and cx30

higher up the RAV4 is another competitor 

but if it has a good hybrid system the costs will come down

looks nice 👍 

CX30 and RAV4 are 2 litre cars so I don't think are competitors.

However, I do agree that Yaris Cross is a direct competitor and with its current price at $101k+ for a hybrid which is about same price as Jazz hybrid, it is way cheaper if the rumored more than $10k price differential for Vezel/HRV is accurate and that's why I feel it will be a hard sell. Kah's perennial problem of high OMV for their models have cost them to lose sales and unless this is corrected, they will continue to be the only AD that sells less cars than PIs

• Praise 3

14 hours ago, shutterbox said:

Did they talk about engine options?

1.5 DOHC VTEC + IMA (Hybrid) but no official spec provided yet, during yesterday's launch event. 

14 hours ago, Nudgedoink said:

Yeah. Minimum one year and price will be at least 12k more than jazz hybrid I feel. No longer in the bread and butter car zone is my guess.

PI units should land on our shore by Q3 this year, and probably put on the road by mid of Q4. 

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Japan production expected to start in April.

It will not be running on our road till August

Production is expected to start soon, as the car will be available in Japan in mid April. And given that PI will normally be able to get some units ~2 months after it went on sales (in Japan), the first units are expected to be here by late July as a ball park. Add on another 2 - 3 months for homologation process, the car should be able to be put on our road by Nov or even earlier.

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

The new vezel front part i dont find nice lo. But the overall design still looks better than the current vezel la.

I don't like the front from the CGIs but the actual product look not bad, having a more mature look. The only concern I have is the 1 piece front bumper (probably with the grill integrated into it) and the relatively flat rear bumper, it seems offer little protection from slight bumps and knock, so repair cost might be higher than normal if get into an accident *touch wood*

• Praise 8

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

I don't like the front from the CGIs but the actual product look not bad, having a more mature look. The only concern I have is the 1 piece front bumper (probably with the grill integrated into it) and the relatively flat rear bumper, it seems offer little protection from slight bumps and knock, so repair cost might be higher than normal if get into an accident *touch wood*

There’s another spec with another grill 

New 2021 HR-V / Vezel

Edited by Atachi

8 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Seems like carryover 1.5L from current Vezel in non-Hybrid model and same eHEV powertrain as Jazz Hybrid. 

Not point to develop new engine if mid term priority is EV.

eHEV is a new system 

↡ Advertisement