Universe-25 and Behavioral Sink

Weez911

Watched the new video by Mr and Mrs Gao, about an interesting experiment conducted in the 60s.

Some websites have documentation of it in English:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2018/12/that-time-a-guy-tried-to-build-a-utopia-for-mice-and-it-all-went-to-hell/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-rats-turned-their-private-paradise-into-a-terrifyin-1687584457

The experiment was an utopia for mice. Initially their numbers increase but after a few hundred days, they all died.

The video drew parallel to Japan and their declining population.

I can also see some similarities with modern Singapore - high GDP, crowded space, declining birthrate and increasing gay population. Hope Singaporeans don't end up like Universe-25.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Shocked 1

I read about this article before. The mice eventually went extinct was the strangest part for me. How can they lost their animal instinct totally? That's quite bizarre.

I also read about human brain size actually decreases from being a hunter gatherer to a living in a society.  The size shrink further in a more sophisticated society. The theory is there are more reliance on others to get work done thus the human utilise less brain power. In simple words we become more stupid as the society progresses. LoL...

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 6

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I read about this article before. The mice eventually went extinct was the strangest part for me. How can they lost their animal instinct totally? That's quite bizarre.

I also read about human brain size actually decreases from being a hunter gatherer to a living in a society.  The size shrink further in a more sophisticated society. The theory is there are more reliance on others to get work done thus the human utilise less brain power. In simple words we become more stupid as the society progresses. LoL...

Time to go camping and learn survival skills!

• Haha! 4

Human beings supposedly came from the ocean...curiosity and greed led us to land...grew legs...evolved into upright being with two legs to stand tall...evolution in phases...advancement...modernization... eventual behavioral sink...The End

探头寻新界

发现新大陆

踏上不归路

顶天又立地

一路好走乎

一路走好乎😅

• Haha! 1

I can go Japan and help them increase their population.

:grin:

Anyway I have watched lots of Japanese videos on how

they are working hard to increase their population.

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Yep. Auto parking is a good example.😂

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Watched the new video by Mr and Mrs Gao, about an interesting experiment conducted in the 60s.

Some websites have documentation of it in English:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2018/12/that-time-a-guy-tried-to-build-a-utopia-for-mice-and-it-all-went-to-hell/

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-rats-turned-their-private-paradise-into-a-terrifyin-1687584457

The experiment was an utopia for mice. Initially their numbers increase but after a few hundred days, they all died.

The video drew parallel to Japan and their declining population.

I can also see some similarities with modern Singapore - high GDP, crowded space, declining birthrate and increasing gay population. Hope Singaporeans don't end up like Universe-25.

wah... i watched this too. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

wah... i watched this too. 

Not related but do you also watch X调查?

I'm crazy over that channel. 😅

From the way I see humankind progress, we are basically working towards self destruction. See how AI and tech introduced these days are basically working against ourselves. 

3 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I can go Japan and help them increase their population.

:grin:

Anyway I have watched lots of Japanese videos on how

they are working hard to increase their population.

Yes i watched too, many men hard at work helping 1 woman get pregnant. but go to wrong hole.. lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Not related but do you also watch X调查?

I'm crazy over that channel. 😅

No, but since u mentioned i will check it out ! i watch 脑洞乌托邦

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

No, but since u mentioned i will check it out ! i watch 脑洞乌托邦

Swee! I like to explore new channels. Since you mentioned that I will also have a look. Thanks bro!

14 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Time to go camping and learn survival skills!

I believe thats what reservist is for... 🤪

for 2 weeks become a warrior...

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I believe thats what reservist is for... 🤪

for 2 weeks become a warrior...

Hahah. I navy one. Plus now I am station at HQ blowing aircon. hahahaha.

8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Hahah. I navy one. Plus now I am station at HQ blowing aircon. hahahaha.

nice.... u give new definition to "blow" job.

oops.. 🤣

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

nice.... u give new definition to "blow" job.

oops.. 🤣

hahaha. Same lah. either one, I am still getting the treatment. 😎

↡ Advertisement