Baby Maybach

Carbon82

I have a hard time deciding the title for this thread, as there are many things to write about this new Mercedes-Benz model, and I actually wish it could be made available in Singapore, but I know it is mission impossible for now, since it is only available in LHD format (so PI route is out too).

Now let take a quick glimpse at this model I am talking about.

mercedes-benz_e_300_l_amg_line_91_039e01

Does it not reassembled the larger Mercedes-Maybach S-Class (X222), especially the quart window at the C-pillar?

mercedes-maybach_s_500_4matic_1_01a400a0

So what is this unique model that got me so excited? Well it is the... ...

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Long Wheel Base (V213), exclusive to the China market.

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_1_0

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_33_

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_89_

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_02f

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_amg_line_5.jpg

mercedes-benz_e-klasse_limousine_33.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_18.

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_86.

mercedes-benz_e-klasse_limousine_314.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_amg_line_9.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_amg_line_64.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_350_l_exclusive_line_5_0

Anyone grab the variant shown in the above photos? It is the E350L. Now that is another talking point...

Under the hood, there’s an assortment of engines, and thus the choice of model variant, which shall be very different from our past understanding of Mercedes nomenclature.

Starting with the entry level E280L (notice I use 'entry level'), it use the same 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine with mild hybrid found in the CLS260, which produces 184ps (135KW) and 280Nm of torque. It enables the E280L to accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 8.7 seconds (9.0 seconds for all-wheel drive).

Up next, the E300L, which has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine pumping out 258ps (190KW) and 370Nm of torque. This variant come standard with all-wheel drive setup, and the dash to 100km/h is reduce significantly 6.6 seconds.

Finally, the top of the range E350L 4MATIC (sound / look sibeh atas right), uses an upgraded 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine (instead of a 3.0L V6) which now produces 299ps (220KW) and 400Nm of torque. It allow a century sprint timing of 6.1 seconds.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 19

this  V model not only will not be found in SGP, it will not be found elsewhere. It was started since the V212(W212 LWB model), it is exclusive to the China market and is locally assembled. China is the largest market of Daimler for Mercedes cars. They have two assembly plants in China. The growth rate over the past many years have been double digit. Just in 2019 alone, Mercedes put close to 600,000 units of new merc on the road in China  this is  equivalent to the total  amount of passenger cars we have in the whole Singapore. Surely, Mercedes will do all they could to keep the China customers happy.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

this  V model not only will not be found in SGP, it will not be found elsewhere. It was started since the V212(W212 LWB model), it is exclusive to the China market and is locally assembled. China is the largest market of Daimler for Mercedes cars. They have two assembly plants in China. The growth rate over the past many years have been double digit. Just in 2019 alone, Mercedes put close to 600,000 units of new merc on the road in China  this is  equivalent to the total  amount of passenger cars we have in the whole Singapore. Surely, Mercedes will do all they could to keep the China customers happy.

900k is all motor vehicle in Sg. Incl trunk, van & motor

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

China love LWB Cars, even Audi A6 & BMW 5 Series also have LWB.

Not only China, India and some part of eastern Europe too. That is one of the reason why Skoda is doing relatively well in these regions.

BTW, among all the LWB model available in China, this V213 looks the best so far.

48 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I know that V212 & V213 were developed, made in and exclusively for China market, but with the latest development over at its rival, there are a slim chance Mercedes might follow suit if BMW see some gain in global sales eventually.

Long-wheelbase BMW 3 Series to be offered outside China for first time

BMW will replace the 3 Series GT with a long-wheelbase (LWB) version of the 3 Series sedan in India, according to Autocar India.

While the longer BMW has been available to Chinese buyers for a number of years, it's the first time a right-hand-drive version of the 3 Series has been produced.

It's fitting that the car is being offered in India for the first time outside of China – India has a strong history with long-wheelbase European sedans. Flagship limousines from BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi are only offered in LWB versions.

Will Australia get the LWB 3 Series?

Considering that there are so few right-hand-drive markets in the world, there's a possibility the LWB 3 Series could end up coming to our shores.

• Praise 9

Hokay...start save $2 per day tomorrow... Err...hokay start today instead. 

When "the time" has cum...break the piggy bank to buy the paper version and those huge paper notes...HUAT AH!!! 

Must meet Radx over there in style mah 

• Haha! 3

With economic depression and slowing car sales in US and Europe, the world is now revolving around China and India.

But I wonder would this E Class L cannibalise the sales of S Class, if their pricing are distinctively apart? Or if the price of E Class L is very close to S class, why would buyer go for E Class L?

• Praise 1

On 10/2/2020 at 10:05 PM, mersaylee said:

Hokay...start save $2 per day tomorrow... Err...hokay start today instead. 

When "the time" has cum...break the piggy bank to buy the paper version and those huge paper notes...HUAT AH!!! 

Must meet Radx over there in style mah 

So he goes 1st izzit to jaga the  sentry Gates 🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

13 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

So he goes 1st izzit to jaga the  sentry Gates 🤣🤣

He has visa to transcend both worlds to perform admin work lah...if your name appears in his 666 notebook means it’s time liao😅

simi sentry duty? so low ses...

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I like LWB cars and they should sell it not to china only but the rest of the world. I don’t get those Tall angmoh can survive in tight rear legroom

Guess only tiny car population/sales will not see it happening.. these LWB build in China for their local mkt.

If imagine a Made in China LWB car sell in Sg.. how big the mkt? Volvo S90 made in china right? What is the sales volume like?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

Singapore is an excellent place to have LWB cars.

Haha to be fair, those constraints also apply to sports cars, but the demand is still there in SG (they probably have >1 car). For us poor buggers though, I agree - anything longer than a 5 series/E class makes it too inconvenient to drive around. Drove my friend's dad's S Class before to help out with his wedding, and each turn in the HDB carpark gave me a mini heart attack.

5 minutes ago, Univ3r5e said:

Haha to be fair, those constraints also apply to sports cars, but the demand is still there in SG (they probably have >1 car). For us poor buggers though, I agree - anything longer than a 5 series/E class makes it too inconvenient to drive around. Drove my friend's dad's S Class before to help out with his wedding, and each turn in the HDB carpark gave me a mini heart attack.

My previous 5 series has front sensor that i could manual switch on/off in a tight car park.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Singapore is an excellent place to have LWB cars.

Gwa6fhXKRHDvAugEoBKjN2QhZTL6SU1X62JWo0S6

zu7oabTQZIt3jEYzEDC-7fOUBD_em27a0h9wA1Aj

Top-7-Spore-carparks-that-a.jpg

SFA7622H-TampinesMall-2006_03_30-2.jpg

wwFJBa0h8CS5GoWN2BJSWXzQvpbiNGbReDZCVSnG

My current car superb is a lwb version of passat no issue. As long as below 5m length bo daiji. Only s class 7er have more difficulties

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I like LWB cars and they should sell it not to china only but the rest of the world. I don’t get those Tall angmoh can survive in tight rear legroom

I am also a sucker for LWB model, especially after owning the 2nd gen Superb. A quick comparison of the normal E-Class vs the China only E-Class L and you shall see the differences in rear leg room (minus the extended center console).

mercedes-benz_e_350_e_exclusive_line.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_300_l_amg_line_3.jpg

mercedes-benz_e_320_l_4matic_2.jpg

• Praise 11

On 10/6/2020 at 11:05 AM, Thaiyotakamli said:

My current car superb is a lwb version of passat no issue. As long as below 5m length bo daiji. Only s class 7er have more difficulties

Superb LWB is about 4.8+m, it is in fact shorter that the normal e class which is about 4.9+m,  that explains why you have no problem. The 7 and S LWB are close to 5.3m with a few mm  wider, making them difficult in maneuvering car parks and  fitting into parking lots.

The LWB is near impossible to be parked into parallel parking lots because of their lengths. My friend swap his 7 LWB to a 5 because his daughter scratched the left side badly against pillar when making turn in a car park😆😆

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3