COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

55 minutes ago, pengu said:

I think COE will rise, because there’s increased demands for cars: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore-retail-sales-fall-august-buoyed-demand-cars-13202684

The report is just reporting what has happened. We all know the CD backlog drove up demand for cars. It is not saying car demand will continue to increase these coming months.

↡ Advertisement

38 minutes ago, bennyp14 said:

The report is just reporting what has happened. We all know the CD backlog drove up demand for cars. It is not saying car demand will continue to increase these coming months.

The article talks about increased sales of cars in August, which is post CB.

Edit: After rereading, I think you are right, since sales are only recognised at point of car registrations I guess.

So, we can only speculate on the sales for the past few weeks

Edited by pengu

21 minutes ago, bennyp14 said:

agreed with you , the report only captured what has happened, in fact it is referring to number of cars registered. 

There is no way to know the number of cars booked by buyers to agents (authorised and otherwise) in the past 2 weeks........hope coe will drop this round since no more backlog from CB deals 😰

Without overseas travel in 2020, a lot of money is stuck in Singapore.  A better way to spend the travel budget is to book a new car since the lock down could be until end 2021 😄

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, awhtc said:

Without overseas travel in 2020, a lot of money is stuck in Singapore.  A better way to spend the travel budget is to book a new car since the lock down could be until end 2021 😄

Another thing to spend on (other than cars) are renovation of your place, new furniture or household appliances 🙂

37 minutes ago, Cheekeong_7 said:

I think CAT A even drop maybe drop a bit... 

If COE drops on OCT, good chance it will correct from nov - jan, jackpot for those waited for COE to drop...

I’m gonna say COE will continue to go up but with lesser CB kia to kp about the ADs. 
most of them already finish their 6 bids with two outcomes 1) Topup and quietly exited, 2) Refund of deposit and looking for alternatives

Why it'll go up, 2) category are still in the game and will likely buy higher AD priced cars now (with new AD prices already factoring in the increase in COE). Not to mention, we also haven't factored in new buyers (Post Aug) who are aware of the increments in COE...

For me, I think will ask my wife to top up her ez-link card and buy Grab membership liao. 😂

7 minutes ago, Correctorwrong said:

I’m gonna say COE will continue to go up but with lesser CB kia to kp about the ADs. 
most of them already finish their 6 bids with two outcomes 1) Topup and quietly exited, 2) Refund of deposit and looking for alternatives

Why it'll go up, 2) category are still in the game and will likely buy higher AD priced cars now (with new AD prices already factoring in the increase in COE). Not to mention, we also haven't factored in new buyers (Post Aug) who are aware of the increments in COE...

For me, I think will ask my wife to top up her ez-link card and buy Grab membership liao. 😂

Ha ha don't say people CB kia la

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Sctl said:

Praying very hard for Cat A to go up and up, past 40 best! On my last but guaranteed bid. 

Ha ha why like that? Yours is G-COE but why need to pray hard it goes up?

I believe it might dropped a few hundred for all CAT but will not change much due to most AD has clear the backlog. They are hungry for new Customer to do booking now, so most likely the bid might not be so aggressive now.

Drop? Won’t drop la. Govt just announced that they are going to “help” those who can’t make it by extending the loan relief into 2021. Now those can’t make it, barely can make it will just go for it. Why? Because I won’t die next month, I still can see if I’ll die in 2021. YOLO! Buy a car now! 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Ha ha why like that? Yours is G-COE but why need to pray hard it goes up?

pay a lower price but get COE at higher price aka higher paper value.

those who took G-bids will hope COE to go up or at least maintain at current level, if not they will end up paying more for nothing

those waiting to go into the market are all praying for COE to drop so they can buy at a cheaper price

4 hours ago, pengu said:

The article talks about increased sales of cars in August, which is post CB.

Edit: After rereading, I think you are right, since sales are only recognised at point of car registrations I guess.

So, we can only speculate on the sales for the past few weeks

the sales doesnt need to increase, it just need to maintain and with the lower quota, it will push the price up

↡ Advertisement