COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

18 hours ago, tjyand said:

I beg to differ - the wording even implies a desire for COE to not just go up, but go up substantially past 40k. In any case, I fully agree with @Calvin8808 - wishing substantial harm onto others just for a perceived higher value COE with little material benefit is heartless (@Pplater, see I revised my adjective already 😀

And my point is, I believe the wording is strong, the wish is somewhat there.
But at the same time, I think that the intent behind the word isn't as strong as the hope.

So, for instance, just an analogy if COE price really didn't increase, would the person who said that lose sleep? If not, then in actual fact, he/she didn't really "pray very hard".

Instead, if you have an exam tmr, and you pray very hard not to fail. If you fail, you'll "lose sleep" over it.

So yeah, you could say they wish substantial harm onto others. However, I think most of the time they're just thinking from their perspective, and not actually wishing harm. It's secondary impact, and we are able to block that. Our focus is on our own gain, and not what other ppl would lose or harm to other ppl.

Just like those who buy stock. They will always wish that stock price will drop when they're looking to enter the market. That, in a way, is also wishing harm upon existing shareholders. But I doubt that's the focus of the potential shareholder buyer. (Though this example has more meaningful benefit to the potential shareholder)

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, SedanFTW said:

And my point is, I believe the wording is strong, the wish is somewhat there.
But at the same time, I think that the intent behind the word isn't as strong as the hope.

So, for instance, just an analogy if COE price really didn't increase, would the person who said that lose sleep? If not, then in actual fact, he/she didn't really "pray very hard".

Instead, if you have an exam tmr, and you pray very hard not to fail. If you fail, you'll "lose sleep" over it.

So yeah, you could say they wish substantial harm onto others. However, I think most of the time they're just thinking from their perspective, and not actually wishing harm. It's secondary impact, and we are able to block that. Our focus is on our own gain, and not what other ppl would lose or harm to other ppl.

Just like those who buy stock. They will always wish that stock price will drop when they're looking to enter the market. That, in a way, is also wishing harm upon existing shareholders. But I doubt that's the focus of the potential shareholder buyer. (Though this example has more meaningful benefit to the potential shareholder)

Sort of agree with you. Actually the whole point is on there's not much practical benefit.

I mean I'm not a saint also as in I'm not so considerate until I think so much about others at my own expenses. So of course if there's significant benefit to me and I'm not doing anything illegal or unethical I also will pray very hard for it and not think about people as much. But when there's not much significant benefit to me, I will think of others and not pray for soemthing like that. 

Ultimately what I think we are trying to say is there's not much benefit in having a slightly higher COE so don't need to pray for it.   

2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

So exciting! It's my first time when I am invested in the COE bidding. First of my 6 G bids. =D

Don't need to be too excited since it's G! 

Only when will get!

Congrats! Either today or few weeks down the line

So exciting! It's my first time when I am invested in the COE bidding. First of my 6 G bids. =D

gxgx for your new ride!

rmb to ask SE for solar film, umbrella, and floor mat!

Neutral Newbie

depending on which AD u could be very safe

9 minutes ago, wlalala said:

gxgx for your new ride!

rmb to ask SE for solar film, umbrella, and floor mat!

Hahaha idea ah umbrella my house dont have full size umbrellas =D

3 minutes ago, disr said:

depending on which AD u could be very safe

BM! But G is G what how can even the most unscrupulous AD turn a G into a NG?

Neutral Newbie
13 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Hahaha idea ah umbrella my house dont have full size umbrellas =D

BM! But G is G what how can even the most unscrupulous AD turn a G into a NG?

I guess when I say safe I just mean if their margin is high enough they will bid high enough for u

5 to 10min is enough to change the numbers drastically. Total no of bids could be lesser, so action start later. No more backlog so less 'try luck' bids placed.

6 minutes ago, Passion said:

COE still $1?? Hahahah! What time already? COE crashing?

Slower than last few rounds. Would be surprising if it crashed

9 minutes ago, Passion said:

COE still $1?? Hahahah! What time already? COE crashing?

2 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Slower than last few rounds. Would be surprising if it crashed

Won't crashed ba. But I think it will be slightly lower maybe $2K across the board.

Btw what's your definition of crashing? I mean even if the COE is at $30K or $35K is it consider crashed? I would think it's just correction if it dropped to $30K. 

Maybe fall to about $25K I would consider crash but some might not

1 minute ago, Passion said:

Time for new car liao. Hahahah! This weekend showroom sure crowded even if it drop $10k. 

I believed will drop but not by $5K or $10K ba

4 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Won't crashed ba. But I think it will be slightly lower maybe $2K across the board.

Btw what's your definition of crashing? I mean even if the COE is at $30K or $35K is it consider crashed? I would think it's just correction if it dropped to $30K. 

Maybe fall to about $25K I would consider crash but some might not

Crash is like $5k kind? Hahaha... 

4 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

I hope so. Hopefully slow and gradual to create “soft landing”. Hahaha! 

2 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

best outcome is just a small correction (2-3K) downwards

A hugh correction downwards will only bring peak demand again, and then the COE will rise, and money will get stucked in NG bids again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1