COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie
15 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Sorry may I ask 

6 bid guaranteed means they will bid on the 6th ? 

8 bids guaranteed means they wil bid on the 8th? 

i think it depend on them whether they want to bid at 1, 3 or 5th bid but by 6th bid, they die die need to bid. likely the PI is timing to see if price will drop before bidding. mine first 5 bid also never bid, today last bid den bid

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, newbie_2020 said:

Does it matter the type of car - I booked a Alphard.. 

So either buy Honda Fit or Alphard.. 8 bids means must wait for 8th bids session? 

Oh didnt know need to wait so long one.... 

Usually, will need to wait till nearing the last bid or on the last bid. I got mine on the 6th bid which is the last.

11 minutes ago, Cheekeong_7 said:

AD is different.. Some PI will play some tricks.. 

Maybe but like I mentioned if it's reputable ones like those that I mentioned should be fine.

1 minute ago, EvanGene said:

i think it depend on them whether they want to bid at 1, 3 or 5th bid but by 6th bid, they die die need to bid. likely the PI is timing to see if price will drop before bidding. mine first 5 bid also never bid, today last bid den bid

Same here. bought after Phase 1 on starting of July.  6 bids gtd COE w/o topup. Wait till the last bid than PI bid. Secure and now driving for 1 mth.

5 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

So either buy Honda Fit or Alphard.. 8 bids means must wait for 8th bids session? 

4 minutes ago, EvanGene said:

3 minutes ago, Fyo8822 said:

Usually, will need to wait till nearing the last bid or on the last bid. I got mine on the 6th bid which is the last.

I think it really depends. Be it PI or AD, it's the price that determines their action. If the price is right they will quickly secure it for you.

But if it's too expensive, they will wait and hope next bid it will be lower. But towards the last 2 bids how high they also need to secure it for you le.

2 hours ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

C&C quite crowded. People who ordered need to wait minimum 4 months. Some 6 months. 

The New A class sedan and GLA will help drive Cat A demand

17 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

I think no need worry ba if the PI is reputable like Leco, Vincar, Cartimes or Richburg.

Although I bought from AD under 6 bid G-COE they also did not bid for the 1st 4th bidding but bid aggressively for the 5th.

Even if they did not submit bid it will be counted as 1 bid.

If it's G-COE then definitely no top-up. Don't need to state?

If need to state or max at am amount not really considered as G-COE?

If it's G

some PIs got state G, but capped at x amount one..
PI need to be very clear with this no top up line

4 minutes ago, Fyo8822 said:

Quite risk for PI to wait till nearing the last bid then bid, cause what if the coe price is high on the last bid, then no choice but still need to bid for the customer liao.

Just now, Lufu said:

The New A class sedan and GLA will help drive Cat A demand

dont forget komoco's avante 2021..
i think this one will be more than A or GLA even

14 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Within 8 biddings.  Any session within the 8 biddings they think is low, they will bid. Meaning they have 8 chances to maximize their profit margin.

If not, Last 8th bidding they have to bid successfully for you if it is a guaranteed COE.

So eventhough they said 8 bids G, it is best to state down the last date of bidding in black n white.

Edited by Jtbc

8 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Not exactly la.. depends very much on ur PI.. they put 8 bid guarantee is probably to help them maximised their profit.. they can monitor e cat b situation n also e quota avail then bid when they feels it is not so high

13 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

not sure what you mean 37k liao. Past few exercises have been 40k++. This is considered low.

I was expecting it to begin to slide downwards more. Yeah been active in this thread the past 2 months 

Edited by Pplater

35 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Hi all, 

Can I check did anyone booked a car with PI? 

We booked a large vehicle (Cat B) with them in August 2020 (8 bids guaranteed) But till now.. since there was no bids entered, if including today this is the 4th bidding but every time there is no bid entered. 

Did anyone experienced this before? Initially I was confident of getting the car but slowly I felt anxious when each time there was no bid entered. 

What do they actually meant by 8 bids guaranteed now I am confused. Or do i have to wait for Christmas for the 8th bid guaranteed? 😲

Although the PI they are a reputable company but I still cant help feeling worried. 

Can anyone advise? Thank you.. 

would recommend you check the following:

•  Did the agreement indicate NO TOPUP ?
    • if its guaranteed @ X amount, this actually means NG bid at X amount (Guaranteed @ 35K means NG bid @ 35k, will not get the COE if it's above 35k and get rebate if it fall below 35k)
  • if its G bid with No-topup, Did they indicate delivery date ?