COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

24 minutes ago, mistedframe said:

Is KM in a hurry to register the car so as to include the sale? Mine not from KM but I remember my AD was quite in a hurry to register the sale too. Signed Tuesday, bidded Wednesday and secured COE, collected car like 2 weeks later. I figured that they wanted to report the numbers to their parent back then...

21 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Doubt so.  It's a new model.  And it was last minute availability so don't think so.

But it was on sale and the price was lower than what it was when COE was $33k. So maybe there is worry that COE will go up and I locked in price liao.  So maybe the rush is there. 

I think normally they will want to quickly registered and hand over the car. They can't recognize the sales if the car is not handed over.

If the car is already available they wouldn't want to hold on to it for too long if the COE is already secured. No reasons to delay it.

Will they be in a rush or hurry? Maybe not but will be within a reasonable time frame. I know of AD secure COE on Wed, Sat can had over the car already.  

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Doubt so.  It's a new model.  And it was last minute availability so don't think so.

But it was on sale and the price was lower than what it was when COE was $33k. So maybe there is worry that COE will go up and I locked in price liao.  So maybe the rush is there. 

I believe COE will slowly creep upwards within 40~45k range soon because the demand looks to be strong. And don't forget the quota is getting lesser. 

Edited by Ahpan

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I got my COE.  Plus car is ready.  Tomorrow SE will arrange the delivery date.

@Jamesc  I have  never seen any SE or AD work so fast to deliver a car before  :D

Are they running out of biscuits already?  It's ok.  I will take from KMC.

Mr Philip

I would like to say because you are a VVIP customer my team and I pulled out all the stops to make this the fastest ever delivery on record in Singapore.

But I never like to tell lies and mislead people so I have to tell the truth. Yes its because of the coffee and biscuits.

Since you have been looking at the City my supplier @RH1667 have upgraded his car 2 times already and my staff tell me he is now looking to buy beach front property at Sentosa Cove.

The only nice thing I can say is the price you paid minus the cost of COE and minus the taxes paid to the gov the price you paid for the car is a very fair price. The price is not high and certainly not excessively high.

And I can assure you will be one of the first handful of people to drive Honda's latest model in Singapore.

This is true.

:grin: 

• Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, Ahpan said:

I believe COE will slowly creep upwards within 40~45k range soon because the demand looks to be strong. And don't forget the quota is getting lesser. 

When I told people here COE is going up and better to top up now than wait for COE to go up even higher and then top up people here called my a crook and a liar and said I was just trying to increase my profits.

All the people that listened to me and top up are now enjoying their cars.

The people that are waiting for the durian to drop and every post says wait and see the next COE will crash are still waiting for their cars.

Then they come here and criticise me and say I heartless, crook, liar, conman just trying to make excessive profits when people top up and COE crashes.

See lah, see lah, COE got crash or not?

• Praise 4

19 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Mr Philip

I would like to say because you are a VVIP customer my team and I pulled out all the stops to make this the fastest ever delivery on record in Singapore.

But I never like to tell lies and mislead people so I have to tell the truth. Yes its because of the coffee and biscuits.

Since you have been looking at the City my supplier @RH1667 have upgraded his car 2 times already and my staff tell me he is now looking to buy beach front property at Sentosa Cove.

The only nice thing I can say is the price you paid minus the cost of COE and minus the taxes paid to the gov the price you paid for the car is a very fair price. The price is not high and certainly not excessively high.

And I can assure you will be one of the first handful of people to drive Honda's latest model in Singapore.

This is true.

Ssssh, not Sentosa, i am looking at the one next to Plaza Sing 😂.

• Haha! 3

All I can say is heng ah not everyone listened to me and went for top up.

If I took too many G COE top ups when COE went up higher than the top up I had to make up the higher COE myself from my own pocket.

Quite a few deals I had to make up the higher COE myself and my margin almost wipe out. 

Some deals I am basically working for free.

I wish more people open car dealerships and then they can worry about rent, staff cost, cash flow, lock down and no sales and I will work for you as a salesman.

I will even take no salary and just take commission.

People think car dealer so easy, making obscene profits then you borrow a few million from the bank lah and start your own dealership lah.

Its so easy just like printing money like that. Then I come and work for you.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

I got my COE.  Plus car is ready.  Tomorrow SE will arrange the delivery date.

@Jamesc  I have  never seen any SE or AD work so fast to deliver a car before  :D

Are they running out of biscuits already?  It's ok.  I will take from KMC.

Congratulations! I have been following your posts till the new Honda City came to Singapore. Finally you got your car! 😊 

• Haha! 3

Dip is imminent at least for Cat B with 1k COE available (excluding Cat E) for each bidding and a weak volume of barely 800 new bookings fortnightly. Good things await those who are patient....😏

• Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

When I told people here COE is going up and better to top up now than wait for COE to go up even higher and then top up people here called my a crook and a liar and said I was just trying to increase my profits.

All the people that listened to me and top up are now enjoying their cars.

The people that are waiting for the durian to drop and every post says wait and see the next COE will crash are still waiting for their cars.

Then they come here and criticise me and say I heartless, crook, liar, conman just trying to make excessive profits when people top up and COE crashes.

See lah, see lah, COE got crash or not?

Well.. there are many rich ppl out there waiting to buy car anytime. The drop in quota will slowly increase the COE price based on demand and supply. 

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

All I can say is heng ah not everyone listened to me and went for top up.

If I took too many G COE top ups when COE went up higher than the top up I had to make up the higher COE myself from my own pocket.

Quite a few deals I had to make up the higher COE myself and my margin almost wipe out. 

Some deals I am basically working for free.

I wish more people open car dealerships and then they can worry about rent, staff cost, cash flow, lock down and no sales and I will work for you as a salesman.

I will even take no salary and just take commission.

People think car dealer so easy, making obscene profits then you borrow a few million from the bank lah and start your own dealership lah.

Its so easy just like printing money like that. Then I come and work for you.

Paying it forward attracts good karma...😏

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, HarimaBoozie said:

Congratulations! I have been following your posts till the new Honda City came to Singapore. Finally you got your car! 😊 

Actually Philip was ONLY looking to get his car a long long time after Chinese New Year NEXT year.

He never expected to get his car a long long time before Christmas THIS year. 

• Haha! 1

Isn't life funny?

So many came here and told us they book during Circuit Breaker and still waiting for their car.

Philip my favourite customer book a long time after lock down over and will get his car before them.

If its yours, its yours.

If not yours then not yours.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Ssssh, not Sentosa, i am looking at the one next to Plaza Sing 😂.

Don't be so humble lah.

I heard you wanted to buy the Wallich Residence from some Dyson fella but then you saw the pool and said it was too small.

image.thumb.png.d10f5c1a3890a0a2dbec1a3b16bc4126.png

I think you made the right choice.

See the master bedroom my wife said so small.

She said some hotel rooms are bigger.

For me I don't mind don't have to run so far to catch her.

Smaller better. [sly]

image.png.a773f02e4c921bdbd580ff63f2138421.png 

• Haha! 2

i think demand still there. especially because of new Avante. showroom crowded but looks like indicative of serious buyers.

some more COE quota always kena tightened. either stabilise at 38-40k or maybe future shoot up again. for now, hard to say.

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Don't be so humble lah.

I heard you wanted to buy the Wallich Residence from some Dyson fella but then you saw the pool and said it was too small.

image.thumb.png.d10f5c1a3890a0a2dbec1a3b16bc4126.png

I think you made the right choice.

See the master bedroom my wife said so small.

She said some hotel rooms are bigger.

For me I don't mind don't have to run so far to catch her.

Smaller better. [sly]

image.png.a773f02e4c921bdbd580ff63f2138421.png 

Ok,ok, I will visit your showroom to view your car stock

just make sure your MIL is not there 😜😁

Edited by RH1667
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2