COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Don't be so humble lah.

I heard you wanted to buy the Wallich Residence from some Dyson fella but then you saw the pool and said it was too small.

:grin:

image.thumb.png.d10f5c1a3890a0a2dbec1a3b16bc4126.png

I think you made the right choice.

See the master bedroom my wife said so small.

She said some hotel rooms are bigger.

For me I don't mind don't have to run so far to catch her.

Smaller better. [sly]

image.png.a773f02e4c921bdbd580ff63f2138421.png 

But easier for your MIL to catch you too. [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Actually Philip was ONLY looking to get his car a long long time after Chinese New Year NEXT year.

He never expected to get his car a long long time before Christmas THIS year. 

:grin:

Philip is no longer surfing this thread, after getting his new car, he will embark on his next  journey of looking for a foreign wife.  he will look more handsome in his new car for sure.😀

• Haha! 5

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Philip is no longer surfing this thread, after getting his new car, he will embark on his next  journey of looking for a foreign wife.  he will look more handsome in his new car for sure.😀

Nah.  Will still surf here.  But yea next step is the foreign wife :D

• Praise 5

2 hours ago, Bensky said:

Dip is imminent at least for Cat B with 1k COE available (excluding Cat E) for each bidding and a weak volume of barely 800 new bookings fortnightly. Good things await those who are patient....😏

I thought the Cat B and overall volume are quite healthy.  Cat B price went up fairly early today and increased from previous bidding.  If the ADs/PIs were factoring in higher impending quota, they would have waited for Nov and Dec to bid to get cheaper COEs.

6 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Nah.  Will still surf here.  But yea next step is the foreign wife :D

All the best! May your dream comes true sooner.

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Hi, anyone here have cancal the deal before the 6bid? How is the cancellation process? And take how long for the booking fees go back to the credit card? Thanks... 

I did not cancel but wait after the 6 bids end) take note that they didn't bid also counted as 1 bid) then they ask you sign some document  and refund your deposit back to your credit card after 3-4 weeks.

10 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

I'm still here!

Me Too , still here even after CB deal 6 bid NG never get and deposit refunded.

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

I thought the Cat B and overall volume are quite healthy.  Cat B price went up fairly early today and increased from previous bidding.  If the ADs/PIs were factoring in higher impending quota, they would have waited for Nov and Dec to bid to get cheaper COEs.

No dealers, especially ADs will do that, after all they have factored in sufficient COE buffer in their sell price, as long as they can  secure a COE, they will do it as early as possible , come Nov when the COE quota increases,  they will try to sell even more cars to other new buyers.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, james1055 said:

I did not cancel but wait after the 6 bids end) take note that they didn't bid also counted as 1 bid) then they ask you sign some document  and refund your deposit back to your credit card after 3-4 weeks.

Hi, wanna know how long do they take to ask you go down and sign those documents after your last bid? 

8 hours ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Hi, wanna know how long do they take to ask you go down and sign those documents after your last bid? 

No need to go down, basically they will send you electronically by email with the link and you just signed and click here and there to get back the refund.. Then comes the waiting time to check your credit card amount refunded after the bill comes.

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

No dealers, especially ADs will do that, after all they have factored in sufficient COE buffer in their sell price, as long as they can  secure a COE, they will do it as early as possible , come Nov when the COE quota increases,  they will try to sell even more cars to other new buyers.

my friend booked a conti car from AD last week, but they did not bid for  him yesterday, wondering what could be the reasons ? 

3 minutes ago, andrewpks said:

my friend booked a conti car from AD last week, but they did not bid for  him yesterday, wondering what could be the reasons ? 

Was a G COE package? Also, did your friend ask the SE whether the car is ready stock or got to wait to come in, eg. in 1-2 months time?

27 minutes ago, andrewpks said:

they don't bid unless they know the car is here (or imminently due to arrive)

15 hours ago, Ahpan said:

Well.. there are many rich ppl out there waiting to buy car anytime. The drop in quota will slowly increase the COE price based on demand and supply. 

agree, many rich ppl who got big fat retrenchment package recently. It'll take sometime for the car market to clear those orders so that the COE will stop rising or even drop a bit as the retrenchment package for 2nd or 3rd round will not be so generous anymore. So when retrenchment come and those people who''re near retirement age or those super long service will volunteer to be retrench on the 1st round as they knew after 1st round, the package will shrink / get smaller.

32 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Was a G COE package? Also, did your friend ask the SE whether the car is ready stock or got to wait to come in, eg. in 1-2 months time?

it a G COE . According to SE stock already here....😯

52 minutes ago, andrewpks said:

Many reasons,  conti can be cheap car can be premium car. If a dealer think next month coe may drop, and they do not have volume sale, might as well take their time. Or if a dealer have not enough stock now, they may want to wait till more coe next month.

1 hour ago, andrewpks said:

I think this might be the true reason🤔

Possible to share which AD is this? If ready stock and G-COE, could be due to margin that they want to wait till Nov to bid..

↡ Advertisement