COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

How come can’t wait? 😂

Cos i already hand over my current car to the next owner already, now no more car to use, if look for new car, the faster can get also around 1 month, that's too long liao, so cannot wait liao, tomorrow go shopping, on the spot pay full and drive away 😂😂😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Cos i already hand over my current car to the next owner already, now no more car to use, if look for new car, the faster can get also around 1 month, that's too long liao, so cannot wait liao, tomorrow go shopping, on the spot pay full and drive away 😂😂😂

Can rent car 1 month =D I saw a fit/jazz $900/month the last time i was considering renting instead of buying...

actually don't you guys think the car industry screwed itself up but allowing people to bargain, negotiate, etc? I'm not saying I don't, I also bargain. But look at Apple iPhone or maybe laptops or even luxury watches. When they are sold from authorized dealers, any of you go into an iPhone shop and ask the staff, can give $100 discount? haha. Yes there can be seasonal sale but everyone who bought a car at the same point in time should all buy at the same price. 

I just think that if the whole industry is fixed price with no negotiation, salespeople will then sell on product features and benefits. And consumers will then buy the car most suitable for themselves rather than the best offer. 

just a random thought. don't shoot me please. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
5 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

actually don't you guys think the car industry screwed itself up but allowing people to bargain, negotiate, etc? I'm not saying I don't, I also bargain. But look at Apple iPhone or maybe laptops or even luxury watches. When they are sold from authorized dealers, any of you go into an iPhone shop and ask the staff, can give $100 discount? haha. Yes there can be seasonal sale but everyone who bought a car at the same point in time should all buy at the same price. 

I just think that if the whole industry is fixed price with no negotiation, salespeople will then sell on product features and benefits. And consumers will then buy the car most suitable for themselves rather than the best offer. 

Yes, it will be more straight forward for consumers. But not for the AD, they will earn more money from the lack of price transparency. 

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

Shoot you, I want to praise you.

I support fixed prices.

Everyone pays the same.

I have been trying to do this for years.

Too many lowballers around.

If you need a good used car I will sell you one at a very very good

fixed price.

:grin:

• Praise 2

28 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

What cannot more posters come here and use their brain like

@berry64694

All the dummies come here and post I bid low price, refused to top up, never got my car

and all car dealers are cheats, liars, crooks and conman.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

41 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

An imperfect analogy... Cause m1, starhub and singtel sell same item with a bit different pricing, and different packages also... Do you know that even in Courts, or harvey norman can nego the price one also ma? Esp when you buying new stuff for a newly renovated home... =D

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

An imperfect analogy... Cause m1, starhub and singtel sell same item with a bit different pricing, and different packages also... Do you know that even in Courts, or harvey norman can nego the price one also ma? Esp when you buying new stuff for a newly renovated home... =D

Just for discussion. I'm not trying to start an argument ya. 

to me, M1, starhub and singtel selling a same phone with different package such as talk-time, date, etc is fine. You buy from them because of service, just like how some people buy electricity from keppel, senoko, etc. All the same electricity. What I am saying is everyone who buy during the same time, should have the same package, no need negotiate and no need to bargain. 

In a similar comparison, people compare e.g. mazda 3 and Altis. The Mazda 3 will always be cheaper than the Altis, like how a samsung will always be cheaper than iPhone. But if I buy an Altis today and my friend buys an Altis today, we should have the same price for the new car. Why should my friend get a better price because he is just being a bitch and lowballer? This is encouraging a wrong mindset. 

bringing up the point on courts accurately highlights my point. one day, someone will go to buy a bubble tea and ask for more pearls with no top up or cheaper by 50 cents. I don't think there's anything anybody can do about it, it's a free economy. Willing seller, willing buyer. 

46 minutes ago, Atomax said:

Yes, it will be more straight forward for consumers. But not for the AD, they will earn more money from the lack of price transparency. 

i disagree. if all AD sell at fixed price, they can choose to sell all at a higher price, or all at a lower price, depending on their risk appetite, strategy, etc. If negotiable, looking at all the threads even in this forum, ADs are always at losing end because people like to haolian the low prices they got, almost like boasting how well they lowball. 

13 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

Just for discussion. I'm not trying to start an argument ya. 

to me, M1, starhub and singtel selling a same phone with different package such as talk-time, date, etc is fine. You buy from them because of service, just like how some people buy electricity from keppel, senoko, etc. All the same electricity. What I am saying is everyone who buy during the same time, should have the same package, no need negotiate and no need to bargain. 

In a similar comparison, people compare e.g. mazda 3 and Altis. The Mazda 3 will always be cheaper than the Altis, like how a samsung will always be cheaper than iPhone. But if I buy an Altis today and my friend buys an Altis today, we should have the same price for the new car. Why should my friend get a better price because he is just being a bitch and lowballer? This is encouraging a wrong mindset. 

bringing up the point on courts accurately highlights my point. one day, someone will go to buy a bubble tea and ask for more pearls with no top up or cheaper by 50 cents. I don't think there's anything anybody can do about it, it's a free economy. Willing seller, willing buyer. 

ya dont worry, discussing =D Your idea is very intriguing tho!

Then beside the big 3 telcos, we have the ah beng HP shops (like the PIs) where really crazy stuff can happen =D

10 minutes ago, berry64694 said:

i disagree. if all AD sell at fixed price, they can choose to sell all at a higher price, or all at a lower price, depending on their risk appetite, strategy, etc. If negotiable, looking at all the threads even in this forum, ADs are always at losing end because people like to haolian the low prices they got, almost like boasting how well they lowball. 

hahahaha! maybe other than haolian, also to inform other noobs (like me) what freebies we can ask and receive!

Edited by yellowshaun
  • Praise 1

31 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Huh can go Court and HN can bargain like the market aunties?

Sheet I didn't know that I have been paying fixed price ALL my life.

Now I know I will be bringing my MIL to low ball them.

She will scream and shout and argue for a lower price until the poor salesman give up and just give in to get away from her.

11 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Huh can go Court and HN can bargain like the market aunties?

Sheet I didn't know that I have been paying fixed price ALL my life.

Now I know I will be bringing my MIL to low ball them.

She will scream and shout and argue for a lower price until the poor salesman give up and just give in to get away from her.

Yes can compare prices one with other retailers, some will even give you a printed quotation price list that you can show to other retailers. Esp during closing of the quarter's books, they will be quite happy to ask their manager to match or better their competitor's price one, esp when you buying like 5-10 big items...

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Shaunchan85 said:

So you sold your car yourself than trade in to AD la. If you already got so use to driving, really cannot tahan without having a car. 😂 But when buy used car, cannot rush also, must see look carefully. 

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So you sold your car yourself than trade in to AD la. If you already got so use to driving, really cannot tahan without having a car. 😂 But when buy used car, cannot rush also, must see look carefully. 

He must act well also, like in no hurry to buy, so the SE cannot see the urgency on his face. =D

• Haha! 2

43 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Yes can compare prices one with other retailers, some will even give you a printed quotation price list that you can show to other retailers. Esp during closing of the quarter's books, they will be quite happy to ask their manager to match or better their competitor's price one, esp when you buying like 5-10 big items...

Good post.

Now then I know can save money like that.

:a-m1212:

13 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

He must act well also, like in no hurry to buy, so the SE cannot see the urgency on his face. =D

I heard some used car dealers come here look see look see.

So they know.

I fixed price one.

I see he desperate I will NOT raise my price.

If he wants a good deal he knows where to go.

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yes, sold myself... Been drive for very long liao, so no car abit cannot tahan 🤣... Buy liao, Honda Vezel, now already driving 😆

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2