COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

18 minutes ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Yes, sold myself... Been drive for very long liao, so no car abit cannot tahan 🤣... Buy liao, Honda Vezel, now already driving 😆

So fast? Already driving? 😂

↡ Advertisement

4 minutes ago, Shaunchan85 said:

Yes, morning go shopping, test drive ok, buy insurance, pay money, transfer ownership, done... 🤣

Didnt know insurance and transfer of ownership can be done immediate within the day? [:p]

37 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

That's provided you make full payment bah. I guess loan application will take a couple of days. 

Singapore a lot of cash rich car buyers. Always full cash.

37 minutes ago, Optramagnum said:

That's provided you make full payment bah. I guess loan application will take a couple of days. 

1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

Yes many cash rich people around. Some people even cash rich until can full paid a house.

• Praise 1

Aiyah back to square one.

More quota mean more cash rich buyer come out of the wood work and buy cars.

How COE going to go down like that?

COE can only go down IF more supply and NO buyers.

Then I can sell more cars at a cheaper price and help all the poor

people that I kenna criticised for being so insensitive and not helping them.

This way I can help all the poor people that stay in condo buy a nice brand new car

that they claim they have no money to buy in the first place.

:grin:

See I am trying to be more caring an sensitive to the poor people staying in condos

buying a brand new car to save money. 

Singapore alot of cash rich people. What recession are we talking about?  Keke

u can still see ppl having meals at posh restaurants and shopping like no tomorrow.

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Yap88 said:

Next nov-jan Quota out. More quota lai liao. 

Just when you thought COE prices would soften with more quotas set for the next quarter, the brilliant scholars beat you to it by imposing terms that private hire companies' cars must have a 90% pass rate at the compulsory annual inspection just implemented recently

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/private-hire-cars-to-be-sent-for-regular-inspections-with-new-p2p-framework

Pity the car rental companies with 10 year old and above COE renewed cars - suicide case - double whammy.

So now with rental companies set to join in the COE bids to add more new cars to their stable, GOODBYE  low COE prices.

GRAB old car.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Haha! 2

18 hours ago, 13177 said:

Yes many cash rich people around. Some people even cash rich until can full paid a house.

I am still struggling to save up my first 78k to buy a Ferrari. 

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Just when you thought COE prices would soften with more quotas set for the next quarter, the brilliant scholars beat you to it by imposing terms that private hire companies' cars must have a 90% pass rate at the compulsory annual inspection just implemented recently

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/private-hire-cars-to-be-sent-for-regular-inspections-with-new-p2p-framework

Pity the car rental companies with 10 year old and above COE renewed cars - suicide case - double whammy.

So now with rental companies set to join in the COE bids to add more new cars to their stable, GOODBYE  low COE prices.

GRAB old car.jpg

I think it's a good move. How many times have we seen a broken down old car on the road which causes massive jam. Recently had one on CTE balestier exit and traffic tail back all the way to Yio Chi Kang. 

Not to mention most of them are not environmentally friendly and blowing out black fumes mostly.

Great policy in my personal opinion. In fact tax should go up even more for COE cars to offset the potential time and productivity lost for everyone else when these old cars breakdown in the middle of the road. 

Edited by Lufu

Not much impact I feel. Firstly, very few PHV companies with COE cars out there. Mostly personal vehicles. Secondly, times are bad and if anything, PHV companies will be looking to downsize rather than the other way around. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1