COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

5 minutes ago, Bry_2004 said:

how to crash..when all the cars are already sold at a price factoring in 35k to 37k coe at least, with healthy volumes?
the only way to crash is if ppl get a little patient , wait for it, and slow down on the buying, instead of listening to car sellers saying, COE quota getting lesser, Price going up soon, buy now is better etc.

Doesn't really matter. If everyone wait to buy, then only those who actually bought during that particular period will "enjoy" the drop in COE.
Conversely, if everyone believe in agent and, then you will benefit if you wait. 
The inherent demand is the key.

Did the inherent demand drop? If yes, then eventually COE price will reflect that. If maintain, then again, COE price won't crash. So doesn't matter if ppl believe agent or don't believe. The only change is the timing of the drop in price.

Volume is not strong this round.  New car sales over the 2 weeks is Weak and likely going into Nov.  very soon COE supply may be larger than demand if this continues - deep recession is obvious 

• Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Bry_2004 said:

hi calvin, i would think a 5k drop and above would be amusing..
quotas are little this bidding exercise..add that up with sales from Borneo, sales from Komoco (on outgoing Hyundai Avante), sales from PM (on Audi), sales from AG (on Opel) etc
i really see little reason for COE to fall drastically.

as much as i hope that would happen, the greater the fall, the better, as i am one of those waiting on the sidelines..its really not going to fall by much this time, if it really falls that is..
we might even see an increase in COE prices

I see. I do agree with you that $5K is unlikely but to the extent of amusing. I'm looking more at $2K drop

8 minutes ago, minimalis said:

Not bad my PI bid 45k.....

Happy for u

However it also show the sad fact of affairs now. The car dealers have a very healthy margin.

2 minutes ago, bennyp14 said:

Happy for u

However it also show the sad fact of affairs now. The car dealers have a very healthy margin.

Just my observation, their margin is typically at least the same as the OMV. Of course, there can be differences due to various factors such as promotions, bargaining etc