COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

20 minutes ago, Pixel18 said:

Volume is not strong this round.  New car sales over the 2 weeks is Weak and likely going into Nov.  very soon COE supply may be larger than demand if this continues - deep recession is obvious 

If it keep going down, November I make my move....  Cross fingers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Just my observation, their margin is typically at least the same as the OMV. Of course, there can be differences due to various factors such as promotions, bargaining etc

Haha I calculated my dealer only earned a margin of $5k at today’s COE price.

But guess they decided to earn this $5k given that today is my final bid, rather than to forgo it 🙂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, pengu said:

Haha I calculated my dealer only earned a margin of $5k at today’s COE price.

But guess they decided to earn this $5k given that today is my final bid, rather than to forgo it 🙂

What car did you get?

The Numbers of binders doesnt corresponend with COE price, look at July the highest number of bidders but the lowest COE price. Got my Cat B also today 

Edited by Knighthunter

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

If it keep going down, November I make my move....  Cross fingers.

November which year?😂

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Roh96 said:

November which year?😂

Should be this year la.... if not next year I need to buy new tires liao plus probably wear and tear items...

But then again you are talking about @Philipkee

So who knows....  :D

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

The Numbers of binders doesnt corresponend with COE price, look at July the highest number of bidders but the lowest COE price. Got my Cat B also today 

doesn't matter. prob just means dealers didn't need to deliver/register their cars back then. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Should be this year la.... if not next year I need to buy new tires liao plus probably wear and tear items...

But then again you are talking about @Philipkee

So who knows....  :D

High chance indefinite in getting your city la. Sure this year? [laugh]

• Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

18 minutes ago, Knighthunter said:

Yes agreed that the number of bids does not directly impact the COE for the same cycle.

However, the monthly number of bids reflect the demand. And simple economics tell us that a slowing demand (assuming supply stays the same) point to a lower future price trend.

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

High chance indefinite in getting your city la. Sure this year? [laugh]

Depends on honda city price. 

Goes below $90k high chance.

Goes below $85k higher chance 

Goes below $81999 (pre covid price), I go KM right now before they change their mind.

Actually I thinking if i tell kah motor offer me $85k for the honda city i go down with cashier order tomorrow what will they say...

Must ask @Jamesc

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Goes below $81999 (pre covid price), I go KM right now before they change their mind.

Actually I thinking if i tell kah motor offer me $85k for the honda city i go down with cashier order tomorrow what will they say...

Must ask @Jamesc

Is it pre-covid was the old model and post covid is new model?

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Is it pre-covid was the old model and post covid is new model?

Yes.

I understand new model cost more but over $10k more seems extreme.  

But I wont be like last time.. last time I will ask to check the engine.  When the SE ask why, I will say checking to see if there is hidden gold or diamond inside cos $10k more.....  :D

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Neutral Newbie

Managed to secure my COE; 1st bid. Cat B.

My package was 6 bids NG from TEK. Kind of felt it was going to dip slightly but they bid quite high for me. They must be lacking sales volume.

All the best to those who are still searching for COE.

Edited by syumassh
  • Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

last time I will ask to check the engine.  When the SE ask why, I will say checking to see if there is hidden gold or diamond inside cos $10k more.....  :D

Good idea next time I try on my SE. I would gotten the Jazz if not for the crazy mark up by KM... How on earth can a Jazz be same price as an Avante or Vios at $80k?! Pity la we still prefer hatchbacks to sedan actually =D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, syumassh said:

Managed to secure my COE; 1st bid. Cat B.

My package was 6 bids NG from TEK. Kind of felt it was going to dip slightly but they bid quite high for me. 

All the best to those who are still searching for COE.

Congrats on getting your great car!!!

• Praise 1

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Must ask @Jamesc

Actually can try, October and November is the best time to buy cars. Really a good time to nego. Maybe not for KM but no harm trying

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Actually can try, October and November is the best time to buy cars. Really a good time to nego. Maybe not for KM but no harm trying

Need to wait for coe to come down and then book. It’s always forward pricing. 

↡ Advertisement