COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2020

Carbon82

17 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Volvo showroom relatively empty now on saturday afternoon.  Accompanying someone to check out Volvo.  :D Coffee is good.  @Jamesc

you have got your new car, dont  go and give people false hope.😄

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

12 hours ago, Yap88 said:

Hi Vinceng., thk for for your info . But now they still allow car age not more 12 yrs to drive grab untill July 2022 right? & refer to carmart ads if the phc mkt is good why  I see a lot of very new car on sale eg Vezel, Shuttle , etc . Thk 

I am not sure if all these are from grab cars but if you say a there are a lot of them,  then  it could be. Grab is like any other job and business, there will be people come and go, for every grab driver decides to quit, there would be one or two more coming onboard,  those who go ask for a newer car from a rental company, they will realise that the rental of a fresh new car vs a 1 year old car is not significantly different, would they get a new car or a 1 year old car? When newer drivers get new cars, the not so new will get flown into the used car market.  

Edited by Ct3833

On 10/31/2020 at 8:45 AM, Lufu said:

I think it's a good move. How many times have we seen a broken down old car on the road which causes massive jam. Recently had one on CTE balestier exit and traffic tail back all the way to Yio Chi Kang. 

Not to mention most of them are not environmentally friendly and blowing out black fumes mostly.

Great policy in my personal opinion. In fact tax should go up even more for COE cars to offset the potential time and productivity lost for everyone else when these old cars breakdown in the middle of the road. 

Actually I seem to see more European non-COE cars broke down/being towed rather than COE cars!

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Brass said:

Passing car inspections is a piece of cake though, so the 90% is not a hurdle at all.

Most, even cars 10 years and above have 90+% passes upon first inspection. 

All data is on the LTA website and free for all to look at.

But then those data are based on as per passenger car, unlike now a lot registered as private hire where the mileage will be definitely very much higher. Will be interesting to know the new data stats once this is started. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Nah.  The person I am accompanying seriously is looking at the car.  :D

he is not like me lor.  I also serious.  But I think very long.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

No no please go and waste the time of my competitors.

And drive up their cost by drinking more coffee and eating more biscuits.

:grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Booked my car in late Aug with one of the largest car dealer.. Guaranteed 8 bids. Next week is 5th bid.. Can anyone guess which bid then usually they will go in and bid? 

Disappointing experience as didn't expected to wait so long as its a ready stock. 

35 minutes ago, newbie_2020 said:

Booked my car in late Aug with one of the largest car dealer.. Guaranteed 8 bids. Next week is 5th bid.. Can anyone guess which bid then usually they will go in and bid? 

Disappointing experience as didn't expected to wait so long as its a ready stock. 

Dont feel that way. If the car price which you purchase was a good deal. I believe it is worthwhile waiting. Mine was 6th bid gtd coe without top up and no cap and ready stock cos it is a common Japanese car. 

dealer only bided on the last bid which is still within their promises. There are 1 bid top up $4k  2 bid  top up 2k or 4 bid top up 1k  which is essentiaL more money. So that is not feasible as well. Rather save the money and spend abit on essential accessories still got alot of balance.

3 hours ago, newbie_2020 said:

Would u like to share the name of the dealer? Mine is BM 6 bid G, first bid secure liao last month.

I did buy at higher price tho as compared to earlier parts of the year...

Edited by yellowshaun

On 10/7/2020 at 8:53 PM, Cs11 said:

Yeah, should just take back the money and look else where..

Me too take back my refund

Hi, Wanna check with you, how long it take to refund back to your credit card?