Question on medication

Windwaver

Hi, I'm asking something a question with regards to medication, it'll be great if somebody can answer.

Anti-Inflammatory drugs like Arcoxia (Etoricoxib), Celebrex (Celecoxib), etc do they treat infection as well?

I'm asking because I thought Antibiotics are prescribed to treat infection while anti-inflammatory drugs are for inflammation?

TIA!

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I bought arcoxia (120mg) as pain killers. But the one time I took it, I ended up feeling very very cold ... Like fever cold ... Gotta wrap up in blankets and still shivering.

16 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I bought arcoxia (120mg) as pain killers. But the one time I took it, I ended up feeling very very cold ... Like fever cold ... Gotta wrap up in blankets and still shivering.

You allergy to arcoxia? I think i was prescribe with arcoxia when i took out my wisdom tooth.

Twincharged
19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You allergy to arcoxia? I think i was prescribe with arcoxia when i took out my wisdom tooth.

I got no idea... My friend told me arcoxia made his migraine go away. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
29 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL like to make inflammatory comments.

Will anti inflammatory drugs do anything to help her?

:grin:

Although not new,  this med is quite good... Try to get anthrax.

Can stop all pains for everyone. 

• Haha! 3

You guys got listen to your doctor when he explain what he's going to prescribe for your condition or your child's condition?

Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial and viral infections. You have to finish all of them prescribed to you.

Anti-inflammation are used to treat "swelling" like sore throat. Stop when the swelling is gone.

You all never bring your child see doctor and hear what the doctor say? Wtf siah.

For doctors here, now you know ppl switch off when you are explaining things to them. You can save your breath and talk less. 😂

Do you bring your kids to see doctor in the first place? Or do you guys leave everything to your maid and wife? LoL...

Fantastic father you are.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

I got no idea... My friend told me arcoxia made his migraine go away. 

Huh? His migraine is inflammatory in nature?

:slow:

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

You guys got listen to your doctor when he explain what he's going to prescribe for your condition or your child's condition?

Antibiotics are used to treat bacterial and viral infections. You have to finish all of them prescribed to you.

Anti-inflammation are used to treat "swelling" like sore throat. Stop when the swelling is gone.

You all never bring your child see doctor and hear what the doctor say? Wtf siah.

For doctors here, now you know ppl switch off when you are explaining things to them. You can save your breath and talk less. 😂

Do you bring your kids to see doctor in the first place? Or do you guys leave everything to your maid and wife? LoL...

AFAIK antibiotics does nothing for viral infections. I'm still waiting for a MCF doctor to give some advice though. LOL

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

IIRC, antibiotic is for bacterial.   Viral need other types. 

8 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Hi, I'm asking something a question with regards to medication, it'll be great if somebody can answer.

Anti-Inflammatory drugs like Arcoxia (Etoricoxib), Celebrex (Celecoxib), etc do they treat infection as well?

I'm asking because I thought Antibiotics are prescribed to treat infection while anti-inflammatory drugs are for inflammation?

TIA!

AFAIK,   infection can be viral or bacteria.  Antibotic is for bacterial. 
While some antibiotics may have anti-inflammatory properties,  best is to seek medical advice to use the correct drug.

6 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Eh... dun anyhow take,  for your specifically,  please take care of your heart health. 

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I take anti inflammatory drugs sometimes. I think it reduces the swelling only, like sore throat (very effective) or muscle/joint inflammation. 

Eh.. you have sweet tooth is it ?  😎

39 minutes ago, Kklee said:

Eh.. you have sweet tooth is it ?  😎

No lah... I tend to get sore throat often when travelling, maybe due to the dryer air. Anti inflammation drugs is a must in the medi kit.

15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

No lah... I tend to get sore throat often when travelling, maybe due to the dryer air. Anti inflammation drugs is a must in the medi kit.

Ah.....  you should benefit from mineral water ( non-RO ).   Soda water (F&N) also helps.  😎

25 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Anti inflammation drugs indeed quite useful esp easy to get sore throat. I also easy to get dry throat and sore throat.

↡ Advertisement