LTA confiscates all-terrain vehicle & 7 unregistered motorcycles in Tampines

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

Did these ppl ride on public road?? If yes, then suck thumb. If not, they can just ride all they want in a private property without LTA/TP jurisdiction. 

↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Did these ppl ride on public road?? If yes, then suck thumb. If not, they can just ride all they want in a private property without LTA/TP jurisdiction. 

I don't think they see limits on their own authority. 

IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg

How come they come to house do spot check? or is it vehicle test fail and cannot drive to testing centre to inspect? LOL

Just now, Nolicense said:

How come they come to house do spot check? or is it vehicle test fail and cannot drive to testing centre to inspect? LOL

That's pretty much what I was questioning. 

This is landed property. They have no business being in there. Unless they have a proper police warrant, I'd tell them to piss off.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Tampines quarry open to public to ride one ah?

I didn't know this place existed! but i think it must be going on for some time liao? so is considered state land?

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

This is landed property. They have no business being in there. Unless they have a proper police warrant, I'd tell them to piss off.

I hear that if road tax not paid you have to mount the vehicle on 4 bricks off the driveway? is that true?

Where was this picture taken from? any background info?

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Exactly. If someone is rich enuff to have a plot of private land to do all sorts of motor racing, the vehicles doesn't need to confirm to LTA rules. Don't even need COE, VITAS, registration etc. But of course the vehicles cannot be on public road.

37 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg

Maybe every morning rev engine too loud neighbours complain.... Seems to be checking for exhaust leaks! 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe every morning rev engine too loud neighbours complain.... Seems to be checking for exhaust leaks! 

These supercars engines are loud by nature even when stock

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

I hear that if road tax not paid you have to mount the vehicle on 4 bricks off the driveway? is that true?

Where was this picture taken from? any background info?

I haven't heard of the rule (if it is one) that you mention. But my previous neighbour (a very friendly Dutch gentleman who gave me a lot of help before my trip to the Ring) was building an open-wheeler Lola race car in his driveway. Obviously not registered, and obviously "car shaped with wheels". Of course, he never drove it beyond his property line. As far as I'm concerned, on freehold landed property, the laws of "public roads" don't apply. And while I respect the real police, I do not respect the LTA very much and won't give them face if they try to push their weight around.

Sadly, I have no more background info. Perhaps the maid or some females of the household were cowed into letting them in.

Look, the LTA can camp outside the property and wait for the owner to come out - I've heard they "got" a Lambo owner repeatedly for chrome wrapping that way. That's low, but still part of the game. But I don't see any justification for them being within the confines of private property. End of.

Any lawyers care to opine?

8 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

These supercars engines are loud by nature even when stock

Yeah but some are being wankers by revving them loudly in the middle of the night

• Praise 1

49 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Likely to have been the case, but I don't see what business he had coming into private landed property.

They're like vampires - the owner has to let them in, and once they do, they'll regret it once they start getting their blood sucked on a regular basis. 😂

10 minutes ago, Soya said:

Yeah but some are being wankers by revving them loudly in the middle of the night

It may not be malicious or purposeful revving. I take my McLaren out for a late night drive (only free time I get) from time to time to keep the battery charged. It's got an LTA legal facory-fitted McLaren sports exhaust, and believe me, the cold start is *loud*.

But it's still not as loud as my near-neighbour a couple doors down with his Aventador. He also drives it late at night from time to time.

My immediate-opposite neighbour doesn't have a supercar at present, but he had a 599 before, so he understands. There's also a pretty loud Maserati a few doors away in the other direction. Actually in my neighbourhood, sports and supercars are pretty much a dime a dozen, so I guess we all get along by mutual sufferance haha.

But I can see why some neighbourhoods might have issues with this. I've seen landed estates with mostly BnB cars and the occasional exotic parked in one household - I bet some neighbours will just be itching to bao toh that guy when they get the opportunity.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged

i feel the silly strict laws when it come to automobile customisation kill off the innovation and personality

everything also cannot

in fact, the whole Singapore is like that... follow the law, suppress the creativity

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercar exhaust sounds are music to my ears.... but not bengish modified ones. So bloody irritating.

Wednesday was my cousins cremation n next hall was a hindu funeral... Few ah nehs on bikes followed the hearse to mandai n start revying bikes like siao b4 coffin carried into hall. Cant even hear our prayers. Tis are the ones tat 'spoil business' for every1. 

12 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

It may not be malicious or purposeful revving. I take my McLaren out for a late night drive (only free time I get) from time to time to keep the battery charged. It's got an LTA legal facory-fitted McLaren sports exhaust, and believe me, the cold start is *loud*.

But it's still not as loud as my near-neighbour a couple doors down with his Aventador. He also drives it late at night from time to time.

My immediate-opposite neighbour doesn't have a supercar at present, but he had a 599 before, so he understands. There's also a pretty loud Maserati a few doors away in the other direction. Actually in my neighbourhood, sports and supercars are pretty much a dime a dozen, so I guess we all get along by mutual sufferance haha.

But I can see why some neighbourhoods might have issues with this. I've seen landed estates with mostly BnB cars and the occasional exotic parked in one household - I bet some neighbours will just be itching to bao toh that guy when they get the opportunity.

Anyone in your neighbourhood driving an old COE black Fiat van ....... that's me 🤣  

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1