LTA confiscates all-terrain vehicle & 7 unregistered motorcycles in Tampines

Zxcvb

13 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Exactly. If someone is rich enuff to have a plot of private land to do all sorts of motor racing, the vehicles doesn't need to confirm to LTA rules. Don't even need COE, VITAS, registration etc. But of course the vehicles cannot be on public road.

I dun think so. ...

Even if private  land there is limitations  of what  u can do with it or inside it also.

Motor racing without licence  even in private  land confirm out.

Its just that maybe starting time its very small scale.  No 1 complain.  Maybe they close 1 eyes also...

↡ Advertisement

6 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Anyone in your neighbourhood driving an old COE black Fiat van ....... that's me 🤣  

I will look out for it! Will try my best not to overtake you, but I can't promise.😂

• Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

That's pretty much what I was questioning. 

This is landed property. They have no business being in there. Unless they have a proper police warrant, I'd tell them to piss off.

The owner must have let him in.  

We all know, we wouldnt.   Bugger off!

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

I dun think so. ...

Even if private  land there is limitations  of what  u can do with it or inside it also.

Motor racing without licence  even in private  land confirm out.

Its just that maybe starting time its very small scale.  No 1 complain.  Maybe they close 1 eyes also...

LTA jurisdiction is on public roads only.

if someone owns 10 acre private land in singapore, he can build his own track and race his own cars.  LTA cant do shit.

But this does not mean that other Govt agencies cant do shit.  Heh heh.

• Praise 4

26 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

Singapore is small place where everyone live side by side. You make noise and you deserve to be punished whether you live in your own litter compound or not. LTA way to go!!! Take responsibility to protect the wellbeing the majority. 

If I the owner and my car ie legal. Good luck to the neighbour that bao toh. 

+ yes, private property can drive whatever/whenever. LTA can't do shit. My guess is the owner not at home and LTA gonna get a letter from owner soon. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

No need private landed, even a private condo, LTA also cannot go and kahchiauw.   

Ya, that's how I keep my classic plater moving. Drive around carpark. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

Singapore is small place where everyone live side by side. You make noise and you deserve to be punished whether you live in your own litter compound or not. LTA way to go!!! Take responsibility to protect the wellbeing the majority. 

We shouldn't live in a tyranny of the majority. And you sound like a green-eyed (Chinese: red-eyed) troll.

People have to assert their rights when the gahmen overreaches.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Just now, mikk123 said:

tyranny of the Majority, or the privilege  of the few? You look like a very wealth man since you show everyone that you have Mclaren as your photo. One word of advice:  Don't pursue material wealth excessively, their don't love you back. You need some love, my friend. 

Government has to protect the interests of the majority of citizen, we voted them for this job. When it comes to election, rich or poor, you got one vote only. 

There are far bigger fish than me in this forum alone (let alone Singapore) so no need to call me wealthy, etc. We all stand on equal footing here, and our knowledge and our opinions are what define us. 

If I need love, I won't be looking for it from the likes of you. No worries. And I'm not your friend.

Votes have nothing to do with it. If you think otherwise, let's see you successfully lobby to do anything about this problem that you seem to have with supercar owners being loud within the confines of their own private property. Go on, I challenge you. Make your efforts public and let us gauge your success. 

17 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

I don't think they see limits on their own authority. 

IMG-20201008-WA0000.jpg

That's why the owner standing in the background is waiting with a pot of plants on hand, ready to smash it on the head of the LTA enforcement guy if no illegal mods are found 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

That's why the owner standing in the background is waiting with a pot of plants on hand, ready to smash it on the head of the LTA enforcement guy if no illegal mods are found 😁

Literal pot shots. 😂

• Haha! 1

I think that as neighbors as long as everyone has been mindfully considerate, it is fair that everyone gets to enjoy his property, be it house or car or bike or musical instrument.

take for example, a supercar is generally louder even at idle, so while driving into a private estate during the later hours of the night, it is appreciated that the supercar owner does not rev the car anymore than it is needed.  In fact, that is appreciated even during the day time.

This i believe any decent driver would do too (even the goon in my neighborhood who keeps revving his modded 991cab in the day)

therefore, as long as the driver Is cognizant and has been considerate, there is nothing more to complain about, really. 

• Praise 1

aiyah.. 20 years down when most cars are battery EV, the classic ICE cars become collectables, we would all be laughing at this.

want to hear car exhaust sound also becoming a rare thing by then. 

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

tyranny of the Majority, or the privilege  of the few? You look like a very wealth man since you show everyone that you have Mclaren as your photo. One word of advice:  Don't pursue material wealth excessively, their don't love you back. You need some love, my friend. 

Government has to protect the interests of the majority of citizen, we voted them for this job. When it comes to election, rich or poor, you got one vote only. 

I do agree the Govt has a duty to protect the interest of the majority of citizens, but only provided that these interests are good and correct.  

in other words, just becos the majority wants something, the Govt cannot simply give.  In today’s covid environment, i think there is over-protection, which seemingly is an issue.   We are still a young Nation and we need the protection but this spoonfeeding is too much.. to me.

cheers

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I think that as neighbors as long as everyone has been mindfully considerate, it is fair that everyone gets to enjoy his property, be it house or car or bike or musical instrument.

take for example, a supercar is generally louder even at idle, so while driving into a private estate during the later hours of the night, it is appreciated that the supercar owner does not rev the car anymore than it is needed.  In fact, that is appreciated even during the day time.

This i believe any decent driver would do too (even the goon in my neighborhood who keeps revving his modded 991cab in the day)

therefore, as long as the driver Is cognizant and has been considerate, there is nothing more to complain about, really. 

moto bike are much worst then supercar. 🤮

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

moto bike are much worst then supercar. 🤮

Yes, i ride some loud bikes myself and when returning home especially during late nights, i try my best to be as soft as possible and even clutch in to roll so as not disturb the quiet. 

• Praise 5

22 hours ago, Soya said:

Yeah but some are being wankers by revving them loudly in the middle of the night

one period my HDB estate had one who revved loudly on Saturdays wee hours doing circuits round the car park, a ferrari. woke my baby up cranky... i was really on the verge of taking a screw driver down and find it...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2