Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

It's like that TT case all over again. First, the data is only used for tracing, then they changed their tune.

Now vaccine is voluntary, but comes with a veiled threat, otherwise.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

40 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

That only cover cost of treatment.. should also cover compensation for long term problem or death..

Compensation is a dirty word, it is risk pooling.

• Haha! 1

After get both shots can go JB for massage or Japan for holiday need to 14 days quarantined or not?

I cannot wait to go JB and Japan.

I cannot wait to go J and J.

:grin:

I forgot I cannot wait to go bangkok also.

Edited by Jamesc

59 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

It's like that TT case all over again. First, the data is only used for tracing, then they changed their tune.

Haha what’s new?

47 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

After get both shots can go JB for massage or Japan for holiday need to 14 days quarantined or not?

I cannot wait to go JB and Japan.

I cannot wait to go J and J.

:grin:

I forgot I cannot wait to go bangkok also.

seems like after getting both shots, you're a free man, you can jalan jalan the world. [;)]

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

seems like after getting both shots, you're a free man, you can jalan jalan the world. [;)]

Wow I am so happy to hear that.

:a-happy:

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

Why they alway like that? 🙄

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No read le. 😂

No wonder. Read and you will understand why they always like that. 

These were the original commandments:

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.

Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.

No animal shall wear clothes.

No animal shall sleep in a bed.

No animal shall drink alcohol.

No animal shall kill any other animal.

All animals are equal.

By the end of the story, the Commandments have all been changed:

Four legs good, two legs better.

No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.

No animal shall drink alcohol to excess.

No animal shall kill any other animal.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

Honestly, Guys read @Lala81 post on why you should take.

If not, stop spreading "threatening" message here.

STOP UNDERMINING THE EFFORT TO STOP THE SPREAD.

If you think i am IB, SO BE IT.

• Praise 2

On 1/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, Wt_know said:

very contrdicting with other virus sexpert comment leh

easy to transmit = less deadly because virus mutated to less deadly (or less sick) for easy transmission ... 

Theoretically the last part should happen, cos it's what the virus wants to do to survive with us. But it could take many years and it seems like it would take a long while before it's as severe as a flu.

This virus currently hitting all the sweet spots
- kill enough to potentially overload a hospital system
- yet leave enough people well/alive enough to spread it like wildfire
- very mild symptoms or even no symptoms in some of the above
- superspreaders like the korean case

• Praise 3

45 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

So, you rather choose not to take the vaccine?

I am just gonna make a few comments.  No point getting so worked up in MCF.  Not like last time when I will debate, argue, complain to mod....  I just live and let live now.

1) I took the vaccine.  I posted this.  Not sure which thread, though..I think it's in the health thread.  Anyway I GPGT

2) I think most of us know that eventually we need to be vaccinated.  But many are worried cos it seems rushed.  Because it's our lives and health.  It doesnt help that if there are long term effects, no one seems to want to be responsible.  Like the explosion of cases in the dormitory, who was held accountable?

3) The veiled threats are not helping also.  Example.  You tell someone to clear the dishes in the coffee shop to keep it clean.  You should focus on how nice to eat in such an environment,  the cleaners don't have to work so hard etc and not fine $300 if you don't clear your plates.

4)  Nobody is trying to sabotage the vaccination efforts or as you say undermine the stop of the spread.  But the way the govt do things leave much to be desired and that is why there is so much push back.   Accusing people who are trying to give valid concerns of undermining efforts to stop the spread will sound like "don't say I am wrong cos I am never wrong and you are bad to say i am wrong."  And this never ends well.

Peace.

16115818825687842228733352395234.jpg

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 2

3 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Pre-covid, millions of people around the world take the meningococcal vaccine to go to Mecca. If they didn't need to go there, 99% wouldn't take the vaccine at all.
Food handlers take typhoid vaccine to work (though it's mostly stopped in SG). 
All your childcare teachers have to make sure their chickenpox, MMR vaccine history is confirmed.
To live in a college dormitory or go to childcare in many countries, u need to have vaccines that the normal public doesn't take.

Certainly for healthcare workers, a positive case among the staff will mean many of your colleagues will have to self quarantine. 

It's the new norm. Get along with the system or get out. Cos there is a tidal wave sweeping the globe.
There will be consequences, systemic and personal. I think we are all adult enough to know that.

For the average joe on the street, it's certainly less. Certainly if u work from home, u may not see the need at all. But like i said, soon many companies will say, if u don't take the vaccine, don't turn up in office cos i can't afford my workplace being shutdown.

You have your rights, but companies and govt have their own positions to keep things going. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 5

11 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I am just gonna make a few comments.  No point getting so worked up in MCF.  Not like last time when I will debate, argue, complain to mod....  I just live and let live now.

1) I took the vaccine.  I posted this.  Not sure which thread, though..I think it's in the health thread.

2) I think most of us know that eventually we need to be vaccinated.  But many are worried cos it seems rushed.  Because it's our lives and health.  It doesnt help that if there are long term effects, no one seems to want to be responsible.  Like the explosion of cases in the dormitory, who was held accountable?

3) The veiled threats are not helping also.  Example.  You tell someone to clear the dishes in the coffee shop to keep it clean.  You should focus on how nice to eat in such an environment,  the cleaners don't have to work so hard etc and not fine $300 if you don't clear your plates.

4)  Nobody is trying to sabotage the vaccination efforts or as you say undermine the stop of the spread.  But the way the govt do things leave much to be desired and that is why there is so much push back.   Accusing people who are trying to give valid concerns of undermining efforts to stop the spread will sound like "don't say I am wrong cos I am never wrong and you are bad to say i am wrong."  And this never ends well.

Peace.

Most people cannot properly assess risk vs benefit. 

At least, it's almost always an emotion driven decision for everyone. And that is the problem. Almost all vaccination programs work because they are government mandated. If it was left to suka suka who wants to take, we'll still be fighting smallpox and polio right now.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5