Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Now they are pushing everyone taking the vaccine, lets say if a person is covid asymptomatic, will it affect anything if the person go take the covid vaccine le? Will it be better if the person should take the swab test first before vaccine?

Good point.

I remembered if you have the flu already, you cannot take the flu vaccine.

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Good point.

I remembered if you have the flu already, you cannot take the flu vaccine.

I suddenly have this doubts after seeing the news on HK that they push for residents to take swab test recently, thinking why G dont push for people doing swab test instead? 😂

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I suddenly have this doubts after seeing the news on HK that they push for residents to take swab test recently, thinking why G dont push for people doing swab test instead? 😂

Because more tests more cases. 🤣

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

In the earlier part of 2020, HK setup testing location and encouraged residents to go. It's no longer this way, HK is adopting a different practice now.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Lala is spot on, most people make emotional decision and when it is driven by fear, the maths don't matter.

That is what makes us human. 

We make a lot of decisions based on emotions.  Even eating chocolate.  We eat chocolate because we like it.  We do not think if the calories or how it will make us fat etc.  If we do that, chocolate companies will probably go bust.

Having said that, as we get older, we, I think and hope so at least, don't do that anymore.  We eat chocolates after calculating if this is too chocolatey and so on.

But my point is still this.  We make a lot of decisions based on emotions.  It's just whether we admit it or not.  And if you want to convince the populace to take the vaccine, an appeal to the emotions rather than outright veiled threats, will be a better approach.  Of cos, as @Lala81 said, its idealistic.   Still, we should aim for ideal rather than just accepting things as they are.

Yes, I am a tad idealistic by nature.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 5

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

How come everyone buy toto is hoping for that 1 in 5-8 million chance. But no one thinks about the 99.9999% u won't win the top prizes? Hahahaha

It's an emotion driven decision.

Severity of the unfavourable outcome vs the risk. One is if kenna, it's 'good game' for him, the end of his existence.  The Toto is if don't kenna, life still goes on for another day.

Edited by Ender

27 minutes ago, Ender said:

Severity of the unfavourable outcome vs the risk. One is if kenna, it's 'good game' for him, the end of his existence.  The Toto is if don't kenna, life still goes on for another day.

Correct. So when the stakes are higher. The fear of loss/bad outcome weighs greater vs the good outcome. But the probability hasn't really changed. 

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

That is what makes us human. 

We make a lot of decisions based on emotions.  Even eating chocolate.  We eat chocolate because we like it.  We do not think if the calories or how it will make us fat etc.  If we do that, chocolate companies will probably go bust.

Having said that, as we get older, we, I think and hope so at least, don't do that anymore.  We eat chocolates after calculating if this is too chocolatey and so on.

But my point is still this.  We make a lot of decisions based on emotions.  It's just whether we admit it or not.  And if you want to convince the populace to take the vaccine, an appeal to the emotions rather than outright veiled threats, will be a better approach.  Of cos, as @Lala81 said, its idealistic.   Still, we should aim for ideal rather than just accepting things as they are.

Yes, I am a tad idealistic by nature.

Just make it mandatory for the young and healthy and frontline people so that we can get to herd immunity asap. Period. 

This is akin to national service, noone asked me if i want to serve. Wahaha.... 

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Just make it mandatory for the young and healthy and frontline people so that we can get to herd immunity asap. Period. 

This is akin to national service, noone asked me if i want to serve. Wahaha.... 

Currently, below 16 is discouraged from taking vaccine

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Go through the video I posted earlier where Dr Leong talks about vaccine.

According to Dr Leong, a person who is infected needs to be vaccinated 21 days after infection.

• Praise 1

If working in high risk jobs like medical, aviation sector etc. The risk of contracting COVID-19 is higher then side effects. 

Probably just take as the benefits of vaccine outweighs the negative. Won't deny those people are in a tough spot.

• Praise 2

41 minutes ago, Atachi said:

If working in high risk jobs like medical, aviation sector etc. The risk of contracting COVID-19 is higher then side effects. 

Probably just take as the benefits of vaccine outweighs the negative. Won't deny those people are in a tough spot.

I believe those working at those high risk industries/jobs, they do not have any choice to choose not to take. Unless they are certified that they cannot take the vaccine due to some medical condition/reasons, and definitely not due to their own fear of the side effects.  

34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I believe those working at those high risk industries/jobs, they do not have any choice to choose not to take. Unless they are certified that they cannot take the vaccine due to some medical condition/reasons, and definitely not due to their own fear of the side effects.  

Not when pressure is growing with recent news like their job may be terminated, aims to be world's first airline fully vaccinated. 

wah lai liao .... got enough vaccines meh?

isn't pfizer said delay in production and stock is running low that amdk EU are fighting for vaccines [confused] 

Edited by Wt_know

8 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wah lai liao .... got enough vaccines meh?

isn't pfizer said delay in production and stock is running low that amdk EU are fighting for vaccines [confused] 

pay more $$$ lor ...

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

Singapore able to secure so many vaccine?

think in addition to Pfizer, we are also getting Sinovac ? 

↡ Advertisement