Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

25 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Ok I go and buy Pfizer shares now since need to take every year.

Sure make money one.

:D

take every year for the next 3-5 years .... 

I think at this juncture, they can only say effective for 6 months. There isn't any one year data yet.

• Praise 1

People with rare blood clots after a COVID-19 jab share an uncommon immune response

From San Antonio Current (on Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 10:10 AM)

https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2021/04/17/people-with-rare-blood-clots-after-a-covid-19-jab-share-an-uncommon-immune-response

Evidence is building that an uncommon immune response is behind dangerous, but incredibly rare, blood clots associated with some COVID-19 vaccines. But the good news is that there is a test doctors can use to identify it and get patients the right care.

A small number of people out of the millions vaccinated with AstraZeneca’s or Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 shots have developed severe blood clots, such as ones in the sinuses that drain blood from the brain. A few have died.

Studies suggest that some inoculated people develop an immune response that attacks a protein called platelet factor 4 or PF4, which makes platelets form clots.

From this paper:

Pathologic Antibodies to Platelet Factor 4 after ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 Vaccination

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2105385

April 16, 2021

Methods

We report findings in 23 patients who presented with thrombosis and thrombocytopenia 6 to 24 days after receiving the first dose of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AstraZeneca). On the basis of their clinical and laboratory features, we identify a novel underlying mechanism and address the therapeutic implications.

Results

In the absence of previous prothrombotic medical conditions, 22 patients presented with acute thrombocytopenia and thrombosis, primarily cerebral venous thrombosis, and 1 patient presented with isolated thrombocytopenia and a hemorrhagic phenotype. All the patients had low or normal fibrinogen levels and elevated d-dimer levels at presentation. No evidence of thrombophilia or causative precipitants was identified. Testing for antibodies to platelet factor 4 (PF4) was positive in 22 patients (with 1 equivocal result) and negative in 1 patient. On the basis of the pathophysiological features observed in these patients, we recommend that treatment with platelet transfusions be avoided because of the risk of progression in thrombotic symptoms and that the administration of a nonheparin anticoagulant agent and intravenous immune globulin be considered for the first occurrence of these symptoms.

• Praise 1

Having side effect is a good thing - it means the vaccine is working on your body as intended. Check out this video.

• Praise 1

Finally, just gotten my 2nd dose of Moderna at 730pm tonight! 😊

2 hours passed. No "feel" (side effects)  yet. Let me wait and see over the night and over the next few days!

My 1st dose was on the 28th of March. 😉.

After my 1st dose, I was sleepy likes hell right away and for the next 2, 3 days or so! 🤣

Edited by kelvintisw
  • Praise 5

Is lao sai a reported side effect for pfizer? Day 4 into my 1st jab, today tua lao two times. But I also suspect the bread and curry I ate the night before.

• Haha! 4

45 minutes ago, Ender said:

Is lao sai a reported side effect for pfizer? Day 4 into my 1st jab, today tua lao two times. But I also suspect the bread and curry I ate the night before.

Could be you ate something wrong?  So you LS for 4 days after you 1st jab? Or only on day 4?

48 minutes ago, Ender said:

is the curry.

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Could be you ate something wrong?  So you LS for 4 days after you 1st jab? Or only on day 4?

On day 4 lah... If LS for 4 days straight , I guess i would be typing this from the hospital ward.😁

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, kelvintisw said:

Finally, just gotten my 2nd dose of Moderna at 730pm tonight! 😊

2 hours passed. No "feel" (side effects)  yet. Let me wait and see over the night and over the next few days!

My 1st dose was on the 28th of March. 😉.

After my 1st dose, I was sleepy likes hell right away and for the next 2, 3 days or so! 🤣

Side effects kicked in 1 day late for me. Jabbed on sat evening and was fine till Sun late afternoon when fever, fatigue all come hammering down.

• Praise 4

8 minutes ago, Etnt said:

Side effects kicked in 1 day late for me. Jabbed on sat evening and was fine till Sun late afternoon when fever, fatigue all come hammering down.

How long did it take to subside?

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Magfocus said:

How long did it take to subside?

Fever broke this (Monday) morning, but still feeling very tired.

23 minutes ago, Etnt said:

1st or 2nd dose?

1 hour ago, Etnt said:

2nd dose of pfizer

I see, so it is quite ok then.  Hope you're back to normal soon.

as some bros mentioned, it's actually good to experience some side effects...an indication that your system is still strong and resisting the "intrusion" of the vaccine.  My old mom didn't experience much side effects even after 2nd dose.

Edited by BoneStock
  • Praise 1

Just had 2nd jab 90 mins ago at Jln Besar CC.

Fullerton has improved on human flow with dedicated entrance and exit.

There are more senior citizens in the morning.

Accordingly, need to q for registration.

After that, it was another q for jab. It is btw 15 and 20 mins.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3