Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

Supersonic

Saudi Arabia and EU bars travelers who received Chinese-made jabs

Despite its quick and responsive supply chain, Chinese vaccines are not seen as effective by the EU and Saudi Arabia.

As some countries ease Covid-19 travel restrictions, Saudi Arabia and the European Union have barred travellers who have been vaccinated with Chinese vaccines, leaving out the biggest groups of foreign visitors in the regions.

Last week, Saudi Arabia updated its travel restrictions, which included requirements to take Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson in order to enter the country, leaving out China’s five vaccines including the widely used Sinovac and Sinopharm.

After the announcement, Pakistan’s foreign ministry on Sunday asked the kingdom to include Chinese vaccines to its list, as those vaccines are widely used in the country.

Malaysia also echoed similar concerns as its government sought to discuss the issue with Saudi Arabia.

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/saudi-arabia-and-eu-bars-travelers-who-received-chinese-made-jabs-47142

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001978

Thiravat Hemachudha, director of the Health Science Centre of Emerging Diseases at Chulalongkorn University, revealed that many people who had received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine for three to four weeks showed no neutralising antibody, or at only 20-30 per cent.

For a vaccine to be effective, the ability to inhibit a virus must be more than 20 per cent to develop immunity.

• Shocked 1

No wonder China didn't want to share the data with us.

If the results were good, no need to ask they send already.

No good they will say its on the way, its on the way.

:D

• Haha! 4

16 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

No wonder China didn't want to share the data with us.

If the results were good, no need to ask they send already.

No good they will say its on the way, its on the way.

:D

how you know? maybe not even on the way 😁😁

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Finally our turn! 

Screenshot_20210614_193031_com.google.android_apps.messaging_edit_836900142350943.thumb.jpg.2b7a6318247cc589af5b6b35f74f2f74.jpg

3 of my kids already got their first jab today, with another next week, and my kids youngest is sec 1 this year. You are younger than sec 1 haha?

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Heartlander said:

3 of my kids already got their first jab today, with another next week, and my kids youngest is sec 1 this year. You are younger than sec 1 haha?

I belong to the forgotten group. Hahahaa. 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
20 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I am a layman, but this sound comforting. But still will wait for more studies on the safety aspects for younger participants

Protein-based vaccines are a conventional approach that use purified pieces of the virus to spur an immune response. Vaccines against whooping cough and shingles employ this approach.

Supersonic
1 minute ago, Ender said:

I am a layman, but this sound comforting. But still will wait for more studies on the safety aspects for younger participants

Should read this excellent article. mRNA will change the world. Not just for COVID, but other kinds of virus, cancer.

https://time.com/5927342/mrna-covid-vaccine/

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Should read this excellent article. mRNA will change the world. Not just for COVID, but other kinds of virus, cancer.

It's a double edge sword I would say. It can alter the genes. My simple thinking is it only mean 1 thing in the future. Very rich people will use this to edit their baby genes. Become taller, smarter, athletic, even asian can have natural blue eyes blonde hair if they want, etc. The possibilities are endless. Their offspring will have no defects. Not like now, some are tall but not handsome, some are short but handsome. :grin:

I became a vaccine guinea pig because, in addition to wanting to be useful, I had a deep interest in the wondrous new roles now being played by RNA, the genetic material that is at the heart of new types of vaccines, cancer treatments and gene-editing tools.

RNA can also be engineered, as Jennifer Doudna and others discovered, to target genes for editing. Using the CRISPR system adapted from bacteria, RNA can guide scissors-like enzymes to specific sequences of DNA in order to eliminate or edit a gene. This technique has already been used in trials to cure sickle cell anemia. Now it is also being used in the war against COVID. Doudna and others have created RNA-guided enzymes that can directly detect SARS-CoV-2 and eventually could be used to destroy it.

More controversially, CRISPR could be used to create “designer babies” with inheritable genetic changes. In 2018, a young Chinese doctor used CRISPR to engineer twin girls so they did not have the receptor for the virus that causes AIDS. There was an immediate outburst of awe and then shock. The doctor was denounced, and there were calls for an international moratorium on inheritable gene edits. But in the wake of the pandemic, RNA-guided genetic editing to make our species less receptive to viruses may someday begin to seem more acceptable.

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

No doubt mRNA offer many new possibilities. But come to my kids, I prefer to adopt something like business vs consumer market in the PC industry. Business laptop or PC models tends NOT to use the latest processors or technology.  Usually lag one generation behind the consumers market laptop. All these for the sake of reliability and stability. 

• Praise 2

On 6/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, BabyBlade said:

Finally our turn! 

Screenshot_20210614_193031_com.google.android_apps.messaging_edit_836900142350943.thumb.jpg.2b7a6318247cc589af5b6b35f74f2f74.jpg

When did you register and have you received the sms to make online appt?

I registered last weekend and did not receive the appt sms. It says to wait 1 working day and then try register again.

So i registered again yesterday and so far did not receive the appt sms.

Internal Moderator
43 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

When did you register and have you received the sms to make online appt?

I registered last weekend and did not receive the appt sms. It says to wait 1 working day and then try register again.

So i registered again yesterday and so far did not receive the appt sms.

I only received this message which says to wait for notification to book for appointment. You received this registration SMS right? If yes just wait. My friends haven't receive the appointment SMS as well. 

3 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

I only received this message which says to wait for notification to book for appointment. You received this registration SMS right? If yes just wait. My friends haven't receive the appointment SMS as well. 

Ok, thanks.