Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

I definitely won't be the first to jump in. By the way do we have a choice if the type of vaccine? Can I opt for the same as PM? 

even you can ... there is no guarantee no side effect

every human being their body reaction to vaccine and immune system is different 

and some more depends on individual allergy [sweatdrop] 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Ender said:

Why Sinovac did publish efficacy rate?

34004444_Vaccinecompare.thumb.jpg.0ccbad94fb82f3cd06190e1aaaf280b4.jpg

still waiting for the data. interim results from UAE showed 86% but no details are provided. Brazil is going to announce the phase 3 results of Sinovac on 23 Dec 2020.

Some smart people dragging their feet ?

Pfizer's CEO Albert Bourla has not received his own company's vaccine yet. According to a report by CNN, Bourla said that neither he nor other company executives will be cutting the line to get their hands on the jabs first. 

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/something-fishy-pfizer-ceo-not-getting-his-own-companys-covid-19-vaccine-raises-questions-3182408.html

President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday (Dec 17) he had yet to be inoculated with a Russian-made vaccine against COVID-19 but would do so when possible.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/putin-to-receive-russian-made-vaccine-covid-19-when-possible-13791996

• Praise 1

Poor countries are afraid they can't get vaccine.

Pictures of the first people being vaccinated against Covid-19 haven't filled everyone around the world with joy. In some places - in countries such as Zimbabwe, Mexico and Pakistan - the battle to get hold of the vaccine is likely to be long and tortuous.

Watching the vaccine roll out in the UK, Lois Chingandu wasn't excited - she was worried. Like most of us, she's looking forward to getting vaccinated and getting life back to normal. But unlike many people right now, she doesn't see light at the end of the tunnel.

It's not clear when her country, Zimbabwe, will get a vaccine. "It's now just an issue of sitting and hoping if we will get it in my lifetime," she says. "I live in fear that I will contract Covid and die because of where I am sitting." It may sound like an exaggeration, but she has seen something very similar happen before.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-55325450

moderna only $2 ... why not just buy moderna? [sly] 

efficacy is as good as pfizer 

that's why white house is cancelling pfizer delivery? [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

On 10/9/2020 at 10:31 PM, Ct3833 said:

Zero community will be good and I have confident that sgp can achieve this soon.  But zero spreading or not, i will try to put on my masks as much as I could, now I am getting used to it.

I discovered I look slightly more handsome with my mask on.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 4

On 12/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, Jamesc said:

Doctors all get it first right?

Let's see what happens to them first.

:grin:

If I die, I'll come back as hantu, tag team with your MIL and give her superpowers to make your life even more miserable. It'll be like The Ring meets The Grudge meets Revenge of the Pontianak. 

Happy Horrordays. 😁

• Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Like JAV, sometimes better to leave just a little to the imagination. They pixellate, we mask. 😁

• Praise 1

On 12/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, Kb27 said:

How come Sg so proud of its bio-tech sector, but no one here seems  to be developing a vaccine ?

Too difficult ?

A very good question.

Not enough Foreign Talent?

• Haha! 1

Nearly 1 in 4 here believes false claim on vaccine: Poll

Close to one in four residents in Singapore polled believes a false claim that Covid-19 vaccines alter DNA, according to a survey by Nanyang Technological University.

Older respondents were also more likely to believe this falsehood circulated on social media, despite it being debunked on fact-checking websites, including The Straits Times, according to results from an ongoing survey commissioned by the university's Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information.

The responses were collected as part of a larger survey that tracks a group of Singapore residents over the years to understand their information behaviour, Associate Professor Edson Tandoc Jr, the survey's lead researcher, said yesterday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/nearly-1-in-4-here-believes-false-claim-on-vaccine-poll

1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

I guess most people look more handsome and pretty with a mask on. 🤣

• Praise 1

Hahaha when you come back please please please tell me which vaccine you got!

I will make sure my MIL also take it and I will avoid it like the plague.

Then both of you can tag team me from the other side.

image.thumb.png.989f107937135228dd5ca4a9ede5eb9b.png

3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

If I die, I'll come back as hantu, tag team with your MIL and give her superpowers to make your life even more miserable. It'll be like The Ring meets The Grudge meets Revenge of the Pontianak. 

Happy Horrordays. 😁

• Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Hahaha when you come back please please please tell me which vaccine you got!

I will make sure my MIL also take it and I will avoid it like the plague.

Then both of you can tag team me from the other side.

image.thumb.png.989f107937135228dd5ca4a9ede5eb9b.png

Sorry to deflate your bubble James, but when I reach the other side, I fully intend to do more important things. 

Such as finding out the answers to the deep, abiding mysteries of the Universe. 

Like UFOs, the Loch Ness Monster, and how a rubbish bin centre can possibly cost nearly a million bucks. 😁

• Haha! 1

Sinovac's trial in Turkey
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/turkish-official-coronavac-vaccine-9125-effective-74899577

Sinovac's trial in Brazil. Not really clear about what the findings are yet but it works to a certain extent.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3115155/covid-19-fifth-chinese-vaccine-reach-final-trials-produces

Indonesia is currently holding stock of Sinopharm.

Malaysia has deals with Pfizer and Astrazenaca

SG has deals with Pfizer (the one in country right now), Moderna and Arcturus.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:34 PM, Ender said:

Why Sinovac didn't publish efficacy rate?

↡ Advertisement