Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Mooose said:

haha all the best .. i think at the very least many will have sore arms .. 

Walau...all become like that ah?

20170915004759.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, kelvintisw said:

Oh ya! Now that you mention about wide awake and alert....

In fact, I couldn't sleep for the past 2 nights. Super wide awake and alert as you mentioned. 

I could only fall sleep at 6am in the morning and woke up at about 12pm for the past 2 days. Lol.. 

This is a strange side effect that I have never expected.. Haha. 

Thought heard many after the jab, tired and sleep for 1 day 1 night? But you experience cannot sleep? Lol. So if you experience such side effect, need to take 2 days leave liao?

1 hour ago, Mooose said:

sometimes we are anxious subconsciously without actually knowing it ..

This one i agreed, anxious same like stress, many times it happen subconsciously without us knowing. I always experience this, so i know it really can happen de.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Thought heard many after the jab, tired and sleep for 1 day 1 night? But you experience cannot sleep? Lol. So if you experience such side effect, need to take 2 days leave liao?

Haha! Strange but true after my 2nd dose.

However, it is true that I was sleepy for almost 10 days ( The 1st 2, 3  days were the worst) after my 1st dose. The "sleep" side effect is somehow reversed for me after getting the 2nd dose!

Edited by kelvintisw
  • Praise 2

Day 2 Post Jab. 

Yesterday, body heat up in the morning despite the thermometer shows 36.7c.

Lost appetite since yesterday.  Had porridge for dinner.

Did 10mins jog this morning.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

After I got my first dose, upper arm ached for 2 days.  And that was the only symptom I had.  Life was normal for me - still went to gym to work out. My 2nd dose will be next Friday

• Praise 5

After 1st jab, following days just felt tired, slept well as usual, only arm sore. No fever, no chills. 

2nd jab mid May. 

Was told usually more reaction from 2nd jab. Will wait and feel. 😅

Stay safe all 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Day 2 Post Jab. 

Yesterday, body heat up in the morning despite the thermometer shows 36.7c.

Lost appetite since yesterday.  Had porridge for dinner.

Did 10mins jog this morning.

Seems like heaty in the body happen for many after the jab? Lol.

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, AndrewLee72 said:

NB, Im typing this now. Just got 1st dose this afternoon together with mrs. I Cant sleep now.. sheet

My Mrs already in dreamland ...zzzzzz

How come both of you took the same dose together but you cannot sleep while your mrs can sleep? Lol.

Post-Covid-19 vaccine infections and reinfections could happen, say experts

He said: "We expect an average of five out of 100 Pfizer- or Moderna-vaccinated persons to come down with symptomatic Covid-19 if exposed, and 10 per 100 vaccinated persons to come down with any Covid-19 infection (asymptomatic or symptomatic) based on the clinical trials and real-world data from Israel and the United States."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/post-vaccine-infections-and-reinfections-could-happen-say-experts?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2heW1A56PXmkwcNIvajTafJXOUTAfxek7zQnPxfLEbDf2iadFeCqvjnpE

@13177 Cos me and wifey booked the same date n time for the 1st jap. Could be diff people react to it differently hahaha. My FIL arm didnt ache and not sleepy. My MIL arm ached and felt sleepy after 1st jap.

• Praise 2

On 4/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, Fcw75 said:

No doctor will put their career on the line and said it’s related to the vaccine. 

Plus the data for it is just for a year.

When all fail, the benefits outweigh the risk.

To say something is caused by the vaccine. U would need scientific/logical proof. 
Association or temporal proximity is a poor way of assessing evidence.  

honestly, at this stage, all you can do is reporting of incidents, and MOH or whatever relevant ministry in each country will monitor the incidence reports and see if there is a probability of such things being associated.

No doctor or scientist worth his title, will say something is caused by the vaccine UNLESS they already understand the science behind why event A -> event B and can demonstrate that (ie it must be occuring with high/sufficient frequency or assessable with current technology). 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 7

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

To say something is caused by the vaccine. U would need scientific/logical proof. 
Association or temporal proximity is a poor way of assessing evidence.  

honestly, at this stage, all you can do is reporting of incidents, and MOH or whatever relevant ministry in each country will monitor the incidence reports and see if there is a probability of such things being associated.

No doctor or scientist worth his title, will say something is caused by the vaccine UNLESS they already understand the science behind why event A -> event B and can demonstrate that (ie it must be occuring with high/sufficient frequency or assessable with current technology). 

even with circumstances proof also not enough data to support the "claim"

so probably classify as "unique" 1 of how many millions per case .... 

Edited by Wt_know

It may sound wishy washy. But often things are not clear cut. Or u need to gather lots of data before making any conclusion (if there's any conclusion to be made).

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

even with circumstances proof also not enough data to support the "claim"

so probably classify as "unique" 1 of how many millions per case .... 

Yes. 95-99% of the time, the human brain wants to jump to conclusions. 

That's our predominant thought process to make things simple. Our ability not to jump to conclusions is what has brought about progress of our society out of the medieval ages.

• Praise 3

Canada reports first death linked to AstraZeneca jab

MONTREAL: The province of Quebec on Tuesday (Apr 27) reported Canada's first death of a patient from a rare blood clot condition after receiving the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.

Canada has reported at least five cases of blood clots following immunisation with the vaccine, but public health officials maintain the benefits of the AstraZeneca shot outweigh the potential risks.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/quebec-first-death-patient-canada-astrazeneca-covid-19-14706506

49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

It may sound wishy washy. But often things are not clear cut. Or u need to gather lots of data before making any conclusion (if there's any conclusion to be made).

Yes so my point is how are the family members going to prove that the death is due to the vaccine? There’s no way and no doctor will say it’s related because there’s insufficient data.

How is a normal folk like me or many others going to prove the death is a result of the vaccination if it happen?How is the daughter of the 81 years old ah pek going to prove it? She can only say her dad was healthy and cycled to take the jab. Came home and ate dinner then got heart attack and passed away. Or this recent case of a 48 years old man.

Esp when the govt put out this sentence. I know it’s to give assurance to people that it is safe and they are covered. But when someone really died, they said it’s not related to the vaccine.

Those who suffered permanent severe disability or died as a result of the vaccination will be given a single payout of $225,000.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2