Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

Supercharged
56 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

To say something is caused by the vaccine. U would need scientific/logical proof. 
Association or temporal proximity is a poor way of assessing evidence.  

honestly, at this stage, all you can do is reporting of incidents, and MOH or whatever relevant ministry in each country will monitor the incidence reports and see if there is a probability of such things being associated.

No doctor or scientist worth his title, will say something is caused by the vaccine UNLESS they already understand the science behind why event A -> event B and can demonstrate that (ie it must be occuring with high/sufficient frequency or assessable with current technology). 

I understand the need to proof that event A resulted in event B before doctors conclude that there is a relation.. but how did authorities managed to conclude in such a short period of time that event A did not result in event B?  I would think that there should be further investigation and study of other similar cases before coming to such a conclusion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
25 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yes so my point is how are the family members going to prove that the death is due to the vaccine? There’s no way and no doctor will say it’s related because there’s insufficient data.

How is a normal folk like me or many others going to prove the death is a result of the vaccination if it happen?How is the daughter of the 81 years old ah pek going to prove it? She can only say her dad was healthy and cycled to take the jab. Came home and ate dinner then got heart attack and passed away. Or this recent case of a 48 years old man.

Esp when the govt put out this sentence. I know it’s to give assurance to people that it is safe and they are covered. But when someone really died, they said it’s not related to the vaccine.

Those who suffered permanent severe disability or died as a result of the vaccination will be given a single payout of $225,000.

Probably after n years when enough data is collected (aka enough pple have died or exhibited similar complications), and when the underlying cause can be better understood then they will say it's related.

As of now nada, and by such time if and when such data are available and complications further detailed, too late for the family in question.

Such is life.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Yes so my point is how are the family members going to prove that the death is due to the vaccine? There’s no way and no doctor will say it’s related because there’s insufficient data.

How is a normal folk like me or many others going to prove the death is a result of the vaccination if it happen?How is the daughter of the 81 years old ah pek going to prove it? She can only say her dad was healthy and cycled to take the jab. Came home and ate dinner then got heart attack and passed away. Or this recent case of a 48 years old man.

Esp when the govt put out this sentence. I know it’s to give assurance to people that it is safe and they are covered. But when someone really died, they said it’s not related to the vaccine.

Those who suffered permanent severe disability or died as a result of the vaccination will be given a single payout of $225,000.

Don't deny the above that it's completely stacked against the potential victims. And the individual families/victims involved will feel aggrieved. 

Other than outright anaphylactic allergic reaction within that 30 min window post vaccination, which is so bad, that you cant be saved. I think it's hard to claim.

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

I understand the need to proof that event A resulted in event B before doctors conclude that there is a relation.. but how did authorities managed to conclude in such a short period of time that event A did not result in event B?  I would think that there should be further investigation and study of other similar cases before coming to such a conclusion.

I don't know what is coroner's finding and how MOH conclude it's not linked.
I would say yes to the above in general.

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

actually how many children really care and know their parents health condition? unless they send them for medical check up every year. Able to eat sleep walk cycle doesn't mean is healthy, 40 yrs old guys can drop dead anytime nowadays.

no matter what the scientist said about the vaccine, there is always a risk to take, even normal flu vaccine can kill. My mum complaining that everyone in the house has taken the vaccine except her, due to her pre-condition even she is in good condition now, i didn't let her take the vaccine cos there is no such need at the moment until the whole world is safe to travel again.

• Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

actually how many children really care and know their parents health condition? unless they send them for medical check up every year. Able to eat sleep walk cycle doesn't is healthy, 40 yrs old guys can drop dead anytime nowadays.

no matter what the scientist said about the vaccine, there is always a risk to take, even normal flu vaccine can kill. My mum complaining that everyone in the house has taken the vaccine except her, due to her pre-condition even she is in good condition now, i didn't let her take the vaccine cos there is no such need at the moment unless the whole world is safe to travel again.

I do very well. That’s why I also don’t let my mother take. My father took already.

She has quite a few health conditions and yet the GP said can take? I decide to use my own judgement. She don’t go out much at all and can’t travel even if it’s allowed. By then, maybe she’s gone liao.

Now she can eat, sleep, watch TV and shit. Wait I send her take and if something happened, it’s like sending her to her grave earlier.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 7

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Now she can eat, sleep, watch TV and shit. Wait I send her take and if something happened, it’s like sending her to her grave earlier.

i have the same sentiment 

my mom activity is super low and circle of friends also very small

when she need to go out … very high precautions

just like the saying the “risk” of taking vaccine is much higher than she get covid?

[confused] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

One dose of Covid-19 vaccine cuts household spread by up to 50%: UK study

LONDON (AFP) - One dose of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines reduces the chances of someone infected with coronavirus from spreading it to other household members by up to 50 per cent, according to a English study published Wednesday (April 28).

The Public Health England (PHE) research found that those who became infected three weeks after receiving their first jab were between 38 and 49 per cent less likely to pass the virus on to their household contacts than those who were unvaccinated.

"This is terrific news - we already know vaccines save lives and this study is the most comprehensive real-world data showing they also cut transmission of this deadly virus," said British Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/one-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-cuts-household-spread-by-up-to-50-uk-study

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I do very well. That’s why I also don’t let my mother take. My father took already.

She has quite a few health conditions and yet the GP said can take? I decide to use my own judgement. She don’t go out much at all and can’t travel even if it’s allowed. By then, maybe she’s gone liao.

Choy choy choy. Should say by then maybe covid miraculously gone liao, so whether your mother got take vaccine or not also same la. And by then she still can continue to eat, sleep, watch TV and shit, and also can travel liao. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Blueray said:

inequality of vaccine is one issue, another is the authenticity of the vaccination record. We already know of fakes in departure test results. 

Blockchain seems to be have an appropriate use case here.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

i have the same sentiment 

my mom activity is super low and circle of friends also very small

when she need to go out … very high precautions

just like the saying the “risk” of taking vaccine is much higher than she get covid?

[confused] 

Actually no one knows and can guarantee what will happen if a person got take vaccine or no take vaccine la. Cause every individual person body is different. So just based on your own judgement and decision on what to do. Cause in the end you would be the one who will take responsibility yourself lo.

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

no right or wrong. Lucky my parents I don't have to force them. Ownself go take.

But then for many years, I've been doing flu + other vaccines for them. So they sorta take it as the norm.

My BIL tell me his tui na practitioner (which my mother goes to also) is waiting for sinovac [laugh] 
On the other hand, My father is totally convinced that the sinovac vaccine is TCM and utterly fake [grin]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

22 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

hmm my parents and in-laws have taken it.

my view is she got gout, high blood, diabetes, thyroid (removed) ... undergone 2 operations before ...

she is generally "weak" compare to other uncles and aunties around her age 73-75

she ask me to decide ... i ask her to decide ... at the end .. see see look look first

if we are in high risk countries ... it's a no brainer ... must take vaccine no matter what

but spore is a very low risk of infection ... that's why i am mad when imported cases rise [mad] 

we have very very low local transmission and if not because of imported case ...

we should be clear from any local transmission ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

5 hours ago, 13177 said:

Seems like heaty in the body happen for many after the jab? Lol.

You discuss so much in every covid thread, when is your turn?

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

no right or wrong. Lucky my parents I don't have to force them. Ownself go take.

But then for many years, I've been doing flu + other vaccines for them. So they sorta take it as the norm.

My BIL tell me his tui na practitioner (which my mother goes to also) is waiting for sinovac [laugh] 
On the other hand, My father is totally convinced that the sinovac vaccine is TCM and utterly fake [grin]

Good of them bro.

I’m not anti-vaxxer, I do take the flu jab yearly but this one too risky.

Many other uncles at my estate are waiting for Sinovac too. Even my friend from HK who’s staying here also waiting for Sinovac. He don’t trust mRNA. 🤣

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

You discuss so much in every covid thread, when is your turn?

He will tell you....

I eat my economical rice with vegetables first. 

🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2