Would you get the COVID-19 vaccine once it's available?

racerbum

Why you should seek protection through vaccination and masking, and not risk infection.

----------------------

COVID-19 can kill even months after recovery – new study

The Jerusalem Post (APRIL 27, 2021 18:56)

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/covid-19-can-kill-even-months-after-recovery-new-study-666445?fbclid=IwAR1ZfmSdlAMuduo_kjgLaFiuXmS73WOpYUluV6_UMt-39SyLLK36mRUHzko

COVID-19 survivors have an almost 60% increased risk of death up to six months after infection compared with noninfected people, according to a massive study published over the weekend in the peer-reviewed journal Nature.

To reach their conclusion, Al-Aly and his research team leveraged data from the electronic health databases of the US Department of Veterans Affairs. The study involved more than 87,000 COVID-19 patients: 74,435 users of the Veterans Health Administration who survived at least the first 30 days with COVID-19 after diagnosis and were not hospitalized; and close to five million VHA users who did not have COVID-19. In addition, it included 13,654 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 and 13,997 who were hospitalized with the flu.

Even people with mild disease – some people who got COVID and seemed fine with just a fever and a cough – months down the road they have a stroke or a blood clot; some manifestation related to COVID,” Al-Aly said. “The risk is small, but it is not trivial.

The report was concerning, Prof. Cyrille Cohen, head of Bar-Ilan University’s immunotherapy laboratory, said, adding that “in this study, we are not talking about severe cases. These are people who were not supposed to die at all.”    

Edited by pi3142
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

No vaccine, no return to work

Saudi Arabia to allow only those vaccinated against COVID-19 back to workplace

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia said on Friday (May 7) that employees will only be allowed to return to their workplace in person once vaccinated against COVID-19.

Vaccination will become a "mandatory condition" for the face-to-face return of public and private sector employees, the ministry of human resources and social development said in a statement, urging workers to "begin the process" to get a jab.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/saudi-arabia-allow-vaccine-covid-19-return-workplace-14763562

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

No vaccine, no return to work

Saudi Arabia to allow only those vaccinated against COVID-19 back to workplace

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia said on Friday (May 7) that employees will only be allowed to return to their workplace in person once vaccinated against COVID-19.

Vaccination will become a "mandatory condition" for the face-to-face return of public and private sector employees, the ministry of human resources and social development said in a statement, urging workers to "begin the process" to get a jab.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/saudi-arabia-allow-vaccine-covid-19-return-workplace-14763562

sooner or later ... no vaccinated no talk ... it's not IF ... is WHEN

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

(edited)

😙 Finally, on the 9th May 2021. I'm technically and officially *vaccinated! 💉💉

*14th day after the 2nd shot.

It's a historical moment! 😗. Never had I expected to experience a pandemic in my life sia! 😳

Can drive car fast fast now...😆

qfAoTIQ.jpg

Edited by kelvintisw
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic

Pfizer dose 2 this morning at 10:14am.. See how the side effect goes from here. No pain or discomfort at the jab side after 2 hours, unlike my first dose, which the pain persisted for 2 days. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Ender said:

Pfizer dose 2 this morning at 10:14am.. See how the side effect goes from here. No pain or discomfort at the jab side after 2 hours, unlike my first dose, which the pain persisted for 2 days. 

usually people say 2nd dose has worse effects than 1st, but pain at jab area considered not big side effect compared with fever, whole body ache etc

On 5/9/2021 at 5:42 AM, kelvintisw said:

😙 Finally, on the 9th May 2021. I'm technically and officially *vaccinated! 💉💉

*14th day after the 2nd shot.

It's a historical moment! 😗. Never had I expected to experience a pandemic in my life sia! 😳

Can drive car fast fast now...😆

qfAoTIQ.jpg

Can go watch Fast and Furious 9 hahaha.....

• Praise 1

Supercharged
44 minutes ago, Mooose said:

usually people say 2nd dose has worse effects than 1st, but pain at jab area considered not big side effect compared with fever, whole body ache etc

In my case the fever start from day 2..

Hypersonic

Can we use ibuprofen for fever for vaccine induce fever? Pamphlet from the centre say cannot, but I check with the staffs at the centre, they say can.  Internet also say can take..

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Finally 

713FBE74-328F-4519-9F99-A23CD1C486AF.jpeg

I have to wait 14 days later to be updated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1