GTR

Fitvip

Turbocharged
On 10/11/2020 at 12:12 PM, Fitvip said:

Saw a neat looking yellow GTR. Very very tempted to pamper myself for yolo!? Should I ?

10/10 would buy again

not the cheapest to maintain ... but the smile on your face when you floor it ... 

i still dream of my old GTR and its been more than 3 years now ...😥

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
18 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I was once tempted as well...then I saw sp4wn “autobiographical” records of his Godzilla when he disposed it...the rests is history and I got out of the middlescent...

supercar slayer...yah...it’s like “whatever” to me now. 

flame suit on😅

well  i have 3 kids now ... i also can only dream of owning gtr liao .. i didnt realize bloody pre school is so ex for 1 kid... and now with 2 more ... need to save $ liao. 

i'd be content selling my macan and getting a used m3 sedan tbh. but what the heart wants the wallet cant handle at the moment

• Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

well  i have 3 kids now ... i also can only dream of owning gtr liao .. i didnt realize bloody pre school is so ex for 1 kid... and now with 2 more ... need to save $ liao. 

i'd be content selling my macan and getting a used m3 sedan tbh. but what the heart wants the wallet cant handle at the moment

Hi bro, family comes first. But no offence, a used M3, even an E92 is >>> a base Macan.

You can also go for a used X5M or X6M and have the same form factor with much more power.

To me, a Porsche other than a 911 turbo (maybe GT3 etc) is just...meh. No offence.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Hi bro, family comes first. But no offence, a used M3, even an E92 is >>> a base Macan.

You can also go for a used X5M or X6M and have the same form factor with much more power.

To me, a Porsche other than a 911 turbo is just...meh. No offence.

First of all, those that you'd mentioned got wing mirror issue ornot? 😁

• Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

First of all, those that you'd mentioned got wing mirror issue ornot? 😁

Donno, but turbo gives you wings. More than red bull. 😁

45 minutes ago, Sp4wn said:

Ya, sending a kid to a branded pre school that costs upwards of 1600 per month is similar to the total cost of ownership for a merc C class.

Good thing is, once your kid is grown up, you will have plenty of "budget surplus" for your GTR or GTRs later on.

One of my former boss has 4 kids and he shared with me their tuition fees already costs him 4+K per month 😅  

Edited by Rickster

13 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Ya, sending a kid to a branded pre school that costs upwards of 1600 per month is similar to the total cost of ownership for a merc C class.

Good thing is, once your kid is grown up, you will have plenty of "budget surplus" for your GTR or GTRs later on.

One of my former boss has 4 kids and he shared with me their tuition fees already costs him 4+K per month 😅  

I could never look at it from a monthly point of view, seriously.  

I guess that the difference between young and old

34 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I could never look at it from a monthly point of view, seriously.  

I guess that the difference between young and old

Hmm, maybe that's y i look at things from both views.. Dam... i'm gettin old (or at least, getting there 😅 )

These multiple owners and heavily modified GTRs are going at $24K p.a. onwards.

I'd rather go for a classic stock condition & Stuggart maintained 2-owner 911 at $21K annual dep.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=930883&DL=1000

image.thumb.png.8d08135d6f9fbed0277a54e6934d493d.png

image.thumb.png.0ddbb81da331b87dddd0cdf4bf2607f2.png

An 1-owner example at $20K p.a. but the rear lamp cluster & bumper have been given a facelift with an added rear spoiler. Can be an acquired taste. Such classics are best left original. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928330&DL=3301

image.png.4cab3e47981d96dd0fb2f402b9b4ca14.png

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

These multiple owners and heavily modified GTRs are going at $24K p.a. onwards.

I'd rather go for a classic stock condition & Stuggart maintained 2-owner 911 at $21K annual dep.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=930883&DL=1000

image.thumb.png.8d08135d6f9fbed0277a54e6934d493d.png

image.thumb.png.0ddbb81da331b87dddd0cdf4bf2607f2.png

An 1-owner example at $20K p.a. but the rear lamp cluster & bumper have been given a facelift with an added rear spoiler. Can be an acquired taste. Such classics are best left original. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=928330&DL=3301

image.png.4cab3e47981d96dd0fb2f402b9b4ca14.png

A GTR beats an N/A 911 any day in my view, except perhaps if you can get a manual 911, especially a GT3. That one makes up for the power deficit with amazing handling and engagement. There was a white GT3RS manual that was sold quite recently on sgcm. Pang's motor trading if memory serves.

But auto vs auto (I'm including clutchless manuals under the term), GTR beats these cars. Then must look for a 911 turbo, the proper competitor to the GTR. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
6 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

A GTR beats an N/A 911 any day in my view, except perhaps if you can get a manual 911, especially a GT3. That one makes up for the power deficit with amazing handling and engagement. There was a white GT3RS manual that was sold quite recently on sgcm. Pang's motor trading if memory serves.

But auto vs auto (I'm including clutchless manuals under the term), GTR beats these cars. Then must look for a 911 turbo, the proper competitor to the GTR. 

I think both cars cater to different drivers. so is not a fair apple to apple comparison.

GTR is always fun to drive on a straight line and the mods potential is indefinite. Those drivers who have itchy hand who like to buy car parts will like to have a GTR

On the other hand, a 911 is always about the handling and driver engagement. It is definitely a more classy ride. 

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think both cars cater to different drivers. so is not a fair apple to apple comparison.

GTR is always fun to drive on a straight line and the mods potential is indefinite. Those drivers who have itchy hand who like to buy car parts will like to have a GTR

On the other hand, a 911 is always about the handling and driver engagement. It is definitely a more classy ride. 

If you believe a GTR is purely about straight line, you've never driven one hard through corners. 😂

"Classy" is subjective and sounds suspiciously brand-snobbish. I'll pass, thanks. 😁

On even a tight technical track, the 911 would be left seconds behind with the same average driver in each, and the situation would replicate if you swapped them for pro drivers. On a high speed track, the difference would be even more stark but in the same direction. 

Only the 911 turbo is serious competition to the GTR (and of course the latest version of the turbo S provides hypercar levels of performance that the GTR cannot match without upgrades, simply because Nissan hasn't kept abreast of the "arms race"). 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Sorry to have kept you all on suspense. It shows that GTR does generate quite a good response.

Thank you so much for all your support and pieces of advice.

I was imagining cruising in it along a coadtal road...

In the end, I decided to let it pass as I could only enjoy the ride alone...

just a moment, let me put on the helmet first, in case ...😂😂😂

IMG_20201011_145643.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

Sorry to have kept you all on suspense. It shows that GTR does generate quite a good response.

Thank you so much for all your support and pieces of advice.

I was imagining cruising in it along a coadtal road...

In the end, I decided to let it pass as I could only enjoy the ride alone...

just a moment, let me put on the helmet first, in case ...😂😂😂

IMG_20201011_145643.jpg

I HAVE ONE ORANGE COLOR ONE TOO! hahahaha. But i don't have a helmet leh. hahaha.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

If you believe a GTR is purely about straight line, you've never driven one hard through corners. 😂

"Classy" is subjective and sounds suspiciously brand-snobbish. I'll pass, thanks. 😁

On even a tight technical track, the 911 would be left seconds behind with the same average driver in each, and the situation would replicate if you swapped them for pro drivers. On a high speed track, the difference would be even more stark but in the same direction. 

Only the 911 turbo is serious competition to the GTR (and of course the latest version of the turbo S provides hypercar levels of performance that the GTR cannot match without upgrades, simply because Nissan hasn't kept abreast of the "arms race"). 

I never drive either one before. hahaha. 😅 All I watch from youtube one!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3