Woman not allowed to board US flight as her outfit deemed 'lewd' & 'obscene'

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Woman not allowed to board US flight as her outfit deemed 'lewd' & 'obscene'

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/10/woman-not-allowed-board-plane-outfit-obscene-southwest/

southwest-airlines-woman-outfit.jpg

Southwest Airlines, the world's largest low-cost carrier based in the United States, made a female passenger wear a t-shirt belonging to the pilot before letting her on the flight.

The reason? The woman's own outfit was deemed inappropriate for boarding.

Woman reacts on Twitter

In response to the order to get more clothed, the woman, Kayla Eubanks, who hails from Chicago, tweeted about the encounter on Oct. 7.

She wrote on Twitter: “Y’all I was KICKED OFF my @SouthwestAir flight because my boobs are ‘lewd, obscene and offensive’.”

“I was told that passengers may look at me in my attire and be offended.”

The woman claimed the airline staff tried to “police” her body by forcing her to cover up.

Eubanks also claimed that staff called her outfit “lewd, obscene and offensive” and refused to let her board the plane as it contravened the airline’s dress code.

What dress code?

Eubanks then demanded to see the carrier’s policy.

“I really wanna know why @SouthwestAir is policing my clothes like this,” Eubanks said.

“How will my shirt impact my flight, for myself, the other passengers or even the pilot?"

“Y’all have a dress code for CUSTOMERS who pay to get on a plane? It’s the constant policing of women’s bodies for me.”

However, the policy was not produced for her inspection after 20 minutes while she was held at the gate.

Encounter caught on videos

Eubanks filmed an encounter with a staff at the gate, who appeared to suggest that she would have to be put on another flight because of her outfit.

The gate agent could be heard asking: “The flight is closing in three minutes, you don’t want to put something on?”

Eubanks again asked to see the policy that stipulated she couldn’t get on the flight.

But she was told: “I can’t find it.”

Eubanks then said: “You’re not letting me on the plane because of a policy you can’t prove exists?”

Captain intervenes

The captain of the flight was then asked to intervene.

He asked the woman politely if she was willing to put on another outfit and he eventually loaned her a t-shirt so that she could board the aircraft.

The captain was filmed asking initially when he approached Eubanks: “They’re hating on you because you’re looking good, is that it?”

His response at that moment appeared to have been framed as a compliment in a bid to defuse the situation.

Eubanks eventually got on the plane in the captain's t-shirt:

Cannot wear the outfit again if she wants to fly Southwest

According to Eubanks, the flight was delayed but she was allowed to board.

But she was told that she would have to speak to a supervisor upon landing.

“You don’t have very many clothes on up at the top,” the supervisor is heard saying on video.

“It reveals quite a bit.”

He goes on to say that she won’t be allowed to fly Southwest in future if she wears that particular outfit.

Refunded woman and apologised

A Southwest Airlines spokesperson told media outlets in response to queries that Eubanks has received a refund and an apology from the airline.

Southwest Airlines said: “Our employees are responsible for the safety and comfort of everyone onboard the flight."

“We do our best to promote a family-centric environment, and we count on our customers to use good judgment and exercise discretion while travelling."

"Regarding our policies, each situation is very different, and our employees are responsible for following our Contract of Carriage, available on our website."

"The customer travelled on her scheduled itinerary, and we also reached out to her directly to apologise for her experience and provided a refund of her fare as a gesture of goodwill.”

Southwest’s website have a policy in the airline’s Contract of Carriage under section 6b(1)(xiv).

It said that the carrier can refuse to transport passengers for disruptive behaviour.

This includes, “Engaging in lewd, obscene or patently offensive behavior, including wearing clothes that are lewd, obscene or patently offensive”.

Hmmm. 🧐 I find it totally fine with how Eubanks wears. She is confident with her body and she did wear clothings mah.

In the past, I think people will only categorize people who is wearing scantily are those KTV hostess and such. But nowadays the ladies are more empowering themsleves and they are more expressive.

Last time you can only watch pole dancing at a agogo bar. But now, some of the girls who is holding on to a proper job are willing to pay money to learn pole dancing too.

They should hire guys at the boarding station. hahaha. Confirm can go onboard the plane one. hahaha. Right? @Jamesc HAHA

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

the airline afraid that she might catch a cold 好心做坏事 [:(]

wait till she transit or enter muslim country.... then give or dont give... also donno its racial or religious discrimination....

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, Playtime said:

im surprised they blm didnt go on a riot yet...

lucky the employee also black..

Or do you mean BBM? 😂 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

wait till she transit or enter muslim country.... then give or dont give... also donno its racial or religious discrimination....

They won't give a shiat la. U no see the Russians bu in middle east wear what meh

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i thought this will happen in muslim country only. usa also can happen ..........

Actually,  those tabloid websites had quite a lot of this type of "news" ...

They also have reports about their local females who are deemed to have dressed to skimpy for the swimming pool too !!?? 

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Actually,  those tabloid websites had quite a lot of this type of "news" ...

They also have reports about their local females who are deemed to have dressed to skimpy for the swimming pool too !!?? 

i thought usa very 開放 1. 😁

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The captain was filmed asking initially when he approached Eubanks: “They’re hating on you because you’re looking good, is that it?”

When handsome AMDK Captain said this - nice guy, gentleman, polite, respectful, stand up for women's right, girl will feel flattered, follow the captain.

When ugly fat balding shabby-looking man said this - pervert, dirty thoughts, desperate, molester, rapist, sexual harassment, don't even talk to me!

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

See no one complain over here...

This type sure won't be asked to wear T-shirt one.

Mark Twain might be right with his "Clothes make a man".

But it's the other way for women.

• Haha! 3

Nothing more ridiculous than this:

Facebook blocked an advertisement for onion seeds for being 'overtly sexual'

34199440-8823925-image-a-36_160225844170

34199438-8823925-image-m-38_160225845306

For those tl:dr,

• The Seed Company, based in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, posted an ad for Walla Walla onion seeds on Facebook last month
  • Facebook blocked the ad with a message stating products could not be positioned in an 'overtly sexual manner'
  • Jackson McLean, a manager at The Seed Company, appealed the ban to the social media platform, but didn't hear a response
  • After he took his story to the media, Facebook reversed the decision saying the ban was due to an algorithm mix-up meant to block nudity

I am expecting other type of onion photos when I first saw the title...

48cbe4ab-onions-too-sexy.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

See no one complain over here...

This is the kind of nicer looking chio bu I'm taking about. See, not at all lewd and obscene. 😁

Twincharged
43 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

This is the kind of nicer looking chio bu I'm taking about. See, not at all lewd and obscene. 😁

Sexy and mysterious  !! 😍

• Haha! 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, Carbon82 said:

Nothing more ridiculous than this:

Facebook blocked an advertisement for onion seeds for being 'overtly sexual'

34199440-8823925-image-a-36_160225844170

34199438-8823925-image-m-38_160225845306

For those tl:dr,

• The Seed Company, based in St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, posted an ad for Walla Walla onion seeds on Facebook last month
  • Facebook blocked the ad with a message stating products could not be positioned in an 'overtly sexual manner'
  • Jackson McLean, a manager at The Seed Company, appealed the ban to the social media platform, but didn't hear a response
  • After he took his story to the media, Facebook reversed the decision saying the ban was due to an algorithm mix-up meant to block nudity

I am expecting other type of onion photos when I first saw the title...

48cbe4ab-onions-too-sexy.jpg

A hungry man sees food everywhere.

A sex maniac sees sex everywhere.

Nothing dirty about this photo lah.

And I know dirty photos because I like to see them.

:grin:

A dirty photo

image.png.4a3cc0c5ee77f9e4e48d6d29bda0b5ae.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3