SingPost Launches Longest Stamp In S’pore, It’s 16.3cm & Features The Entire CBD Skyline

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

SingPost Launches Longest Stamp In S’pore, It’s 16.3cm & Features The Entire CBD Skyline

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/singpost-longest-stamp/

xSingPost-Launches-Longest-Stamp-In-Spor

SingPost Issues Longest Stamp In Singapore & It’s Longer Than A Typical Ruler

Stamps come in all shapes and sizes, often depicting national treasures or landmarks of a country.

SingPost took this to a whole new level and introduced the longest stamp in Singapore’s philatelic history.

The stamp measures 16.3cm long and features the Singapore Central Business District’s (CBD) skyline.

xSingPost-longest-stamp-3.png.pagespeed.

The stamp’s denomination is $2 and collectors may be interested to know that it comes in a 2-stamp set.

The other stamp – which costs $1.40 – showcases one of Singapore’s longest HDB flats, truly fitting.

SingPost’s longest stamp measures 16.3cm

SingPost said in a press release that the stamps will go on sale on Thursday (15 Oct).

The stamp’s length is more than many school rulers, which are usually 15cm, coming in at 16.3 cm.

xSingPost-longest-stamp.png.pagespeed.ic

The stamp features a beautiful panoramic image of the CBD’s skyline, capturing Marina Bay Sands and the Esplanade, which lies across the bay.

Though it’s something to behold, we wonder how an envelope would look like with the stamp spreading out beyond the top right corner.

Other stamp features an iconic HDB flat

If one doesn’t find a need for such a long stamp, the set also has a $1.40 stamp which features Block 34 in Whampoa West.

xSingPost-longest-stamp-2.png.pagespeed.

The HDB flat was built in 1971 and is known for its 320-metre corridor, with each level having 46 units.

Something noteworthy is that the stamps feature different landmarks from 2 distinct eras of Singapore’s history, showing us that collecting stamps are a way to remember how far we have come as a nation.

Those interested in collected the stamps instead of posting them can order First Day Covers ($4.90) or Presentation Packs ($5.95) via SingPost’s website.

You can also get them at all post offices and philatelic stores from 15 Oct onwards.

Long stamp for your Longchamp

As the $2 stamp is rather long, one may prefer to keep it as a collectible. After all its image of our CBD is a looker.

Or if you’d like, you could pair it with a… Longchamp? But seriously, don’t do that.

Can i cut half and mail for my $1 dollar parcel? hahaha. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

The hdb with 46 units per level is interesting. 46 units in each level is a lot siah. Never understand how come they like to build super long hdb block during the 70s? And i hate such hdb flat. Lol.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

The hdb with 46 units per level is interesting. 46 units in each level is a lot siah. Never understand how come they like to build super long hdb block during the 70s? And i hate such hdb flat. Lol.

now that you mentioned it, I am somewhat curious to view that block for its design and surroundings. 

19 minutes ago, Blueray said:

now that you mentioned it, I am somewhat curious to view that block for its design and surroundings. 

This block is located next to boon keng MRT, saw this block before when i was at boon keng food centre, but never know the block is so super long!? Lol.

Boon Tong kee is just below this blk also.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 4

6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This block is located next to boon keng MRT, saw this block before when i was at boon keng food centre, but never know the block is so super long!? Lol.

Boon Tong kee is just below this blk also.

ah, I see, that's the block where there are quite a few shops selling car parts one. 

ok, will pay more attention the next time I am there. 

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Blueray said:

ah, I see, that's the block where there are quite a few shops selling car parts one. 

ok, will pay more attention the next time I am there. 

There are many shops in this blk. Got few shops selling car parts there? I only saw Sin Tien Seng shop there le? Lol.

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

16.3cm sounds sooooooooooooooo familiar.

Isn't it the average length of something?

I cannot remember what.

:grin: 

mine not that long. I dunno. :evilish:

• Haha! 4

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

16.3cm sounds sooooooooooooooo familiar.

Isn't it the average length of something?

I cannot remember what.

:grin: 

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

mine not that long. I dunno. :evilish:

Wrong decimal point, should be 1.63cm :grin:

12 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Source: https://mustsharenews.com/singpost-longest-stamp/

xSingPost-Launches-Longest-Stamp-In-Spor

SingPost Issues Longest Stamp In Singapore & It’s Longer Than A Typical Ruler

Stamps come in all shapes and sizes, often depicting national treasures or landmarks of a country.

SingPost took this to a whole new level and introduced the longest stamp in Singapore’s philatelic history.

The stamp measures 16.3cm long and features the Singapore Central Business District’s (CBD) skyline.

xSingPost-longest-stamp-3.png.pagespeed.

The stamp’s denomination is $2 and collectors may be interested to know that it comes in a 2-stamp set.

The other stamp – which costs $1.40 – showcases one of Singapore’s longest HDB flats, truly fitting.

SingPost’s longest stamp measures 16.3cm

SingPost said in a press release that the stamps will go on sale on Thursday (15 Oct).

The stamp’s length is more than many school rulers, which are usually 15cm, coming in at 16.3 cm.

xSingPost-longest-stamp.png.pagespeed.ic

The stamp features a beautiful panoramic image of the CBD’s skyline, capturing Marina Bay Sands and the Esplanade, which lies across the bay.

Though it’s something to behold, we wonder how an envelope would look like with the stamp spreading out beyond the top right corner.

Other stamp features an iconic HDB flat

If one doesn’t find a need for such a long stamp, the set also has a $1.40 stamp which features Block 34 in Whampoa West.

xSingPost-longest-stamp-2.png.pagespeed.

The HDB flat was built in 1971 and is known for its 320-metre corridor, with each level having 46 units.

Something noteworthy is that the stamps feature different landmarks from 2 distinct eras of Singapore’s history, showing us that collecting stamps are a way to remember how far we have come as a nation.

Those interested in collected the stamps instead of posting them can order First Day Covers ($4.90) or Presentation Packs ($5.95) via SingPost’s website.

You can also get them at all post offices and philatelic stores from 15 Oct onwards.

Long stamp for your Longchamp

As the $2 stamp is rather long, one may prefer to keep it as a collectible. After all its image of our CBD is a looker.

Or if you’d like, you could pair it with a… Longchamp? But seriously, don’t do that.

Order FDC liao ...... NICE !!