Audi A6 drive select

Ambi

Hi All,

Just got the Audi A6 about a month ago. Something confusing about the Audi drive select.

When it is set to comfort mode sometime the gear shift changes to "S" mode instead of remaining in "D" mode.

When i select and set to "Dynamic" and the gear shift changes to "S" but occasionally changes to "D" on its own even when in "Dynamic" mode.

It is all very confusing. Audi Drive select does not seem to be consistent. Or is my unit having some issue?

Sometimes in "Comfort"  mode the car responses well and stays silent but sometime becomes draggy and engine loudness is noticeable.

↡ Advertisement

That's all very strange.. S should only be engaged when cycling through Individual or Dynamic, the rest should be in D

Suggest you bring it back to PA to have a check if it's constantly happening.

3 hours ago, Ambi said:

Hi All,

Just got the Audi A6 about a month ago. Something confusing about the Audi drive select.

When it is set to comfort mode sometime the gear shift changes to "S" mode instead of remaining in "D" mode.

When i select and set to "Dynamic" and the gear shift changes to "S" but occasionally changes to "D" on its own even when in "Dynamic" mode.

It is all very confusing. Audi Drive select does not seem to be consistent. Or is my unit having some issue?

Sometimes in "Comfort"  mode the car responses well and stays silent but sometime becomes draggy and engine loudness is noticeable.

Not supposed to happen. I not sure which model A6 you got, but in Comfort it should never change to S by itself no matter how you hammer the accelerator unless you touch the gear lever/drive mode again.

New or used A6? Bring back to PA to sort it. If tuned, maybe previous owner/dealer did a half-fecked tune or de-kit.

5 hours ago, Ambi said:

Hi All,

Think u may hv flicked the gearshift to S mode accidentally.....

• Praise 3

54 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

try auto = balance between comfort and dynamic ...

For audi, whether Auto, Comfort or Efficiency mode but can still override w S mode instantly if flick gearshift over

• Praise 2

Thanks for the replies people. The model(A6 2.0 TFSI 190 Bhp) is brand new from Premuim Auto. I am very sure i did not meddle with the gear shift.

By the way sometimes the engine makes a whining or droney noise especially when it is in S mode. 

Really not sure .