Dysons sell 3-storey S'pore penthouse at Wallich Residence at a loss for $62m: Report

kobayashiGT

In his world view, this is like losing $50 for a bad decison and re-investing his money in better opportunities.

I've seen "struggling peasants" paying $500 penalty for breaking their mobile contract so that they can get the latest iphone - with guaranteed zero investment returns.

• Haha! 4

For all your thoughts and sharing, he is smarter than anyone here, a shrewd businessman i must admit. A small change of acquiring S$50Mil GCB, sit for 5 years at least 70-80m down the road, my estimate valuation .  Money makes money louder than words

He pays SD.ABSD to G, who is richer than anyone here !! ( FH over LH )

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

This guy is a billionaire and you know how much stamp duties he paid and will be paying to sell?  Of course he needs the money for something else.

My thinking is that because when he 1st personally come into Singapore to want to permanently stay here.. He can't buy good class bungalow yet. So bo bian have to go for penthouse.. Once he is able to buy good class bungalow, he immediately goes buy one. End up might not even go to penthouse at all and become a wasted house no one stay. Of coz different people different interpretation, we will never know the real reason unless he personally tell public why.. Hahaha.. 

Edited by Yewheng

4 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

In out, lost so much.... stamp duties lost, price difference lost, time lost, effort lost

?.......??? I thought property bao jiak one?   Damn...... property also can lose big big.  

Becos he didnt expect that he would need money ah.? Wahahah

But no problem, money still a lot, 小事小事

Some UHNW people are different.

I spoke to a few in the course of my work and $$ to them is not even a consideration.

However, there are some that are very careful with their money even if it's $1 :grin:

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I spoke to a few in the course of my work and $$ to them is not even a consideration.

However, there are some that are very careful with their money even if it's $1 :grin:

UHNW people are different to you and me.

They have a lot MORE money.

:grin:

• Haha! 4

29 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

I have fetch grabpets from one good class bungalow to vet shop.. Nearby and cost 14 dollars.. Then I waited for more then 5 minutes.. All this extra 3 dollars waiting fee he is willing to pay. After I drop him and his pet off.. He even tipped me 8 dollars. So all these money to them is not a problem. They got too much money. 

Edited by Yewheng

49 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

My thinking is that because when he 1st personally come into Singapore to want to permanently stay here.. He can't buy good class bungalow yet. So bo bian have to go for penthouse.. Once he is able to buy good class bungalow, he immediately goes buy one. End up might not even go to penthouse at all and become a wasted house no one stay. Of coz different people different interpretation, we will never know the real reason unless he personally tell public why.. Hahaha.. 

I think he surfed MCF and read about my post why have 2 properties when it's the same spouse occupying them..... And got enlightenment. 

• Haha! 6

3 hours ago, BanCoe said:

This IS madness but Guv is hapi to collect SSD (sellers stamp duty) as he did not complete the 5 years and also again collect new ABSD + Stamp duty from new buyer(since I take it that he is a foreigner)  ..... Agong huat lah!! all the way to the bank singing 

10 over mil discounted liao .. 

5 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

He probably realised that there was not gonna be another fool who would pay that money for an apartment and moreover since already got GCB why bother with another useless space?

so just cut losses there and then and move on.  Life should be simpler with money, not more complicated.

His thinking similar to mine.....hhhmmmm...muayhahaha

If he had waited a few more months, SSD will drop another 4%, that is $2.5m of saving. Waited another 1-2 years and no SSD is payable ($5m)... SSD like no SSD to him.

Wasted...I was hoping to see him during one of my lunch breaks since I slave near wallRICH...in order to tell him his vacuum cleaner really sucks...I mean really can suck...👍😝

• Haha! 3

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I think he surfed MCF and read about my post why have 2 properties when it's the same spouse occupying them..... And got enlightenment. 

Hmmm...someone smelled a rat...?

↡ Advertisement