Dysons sell 3-storey S'pore penthouse at Wallich Residence at a loss for $62m: Report

kobayashiGT

8 hours ago, Didu said:

Things changed when he showed SG Govt that he's moving HQ to SG....then he gets to apply for SG PR...gets to purchase landed property....etc.

actually, i have it on good authority that he was already a PR when he bought the condo.

Cant be 100% sure, but hearsay he was already a PR when he bought the condo 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

actually, i have it on good authority that he was already a PR when he bought the condo.

Cant be 100% sure, but hearsay he was already a PR when he bought the condo 

When the applicant surname is Dyson, the PR application will be instantly approved

• Haha! 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:05 PM, Throttle2 said:

If you draw 7 digits, your income tax confirm 6 digits at least..... 😁 so “sometimes” is not the correct word here.  😂🤣😎

Aiya, I"m trying to be nice ma :grin:

12 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Times are bad for some only. Others are having a good time, look at Sheng Siong. Overall, everything is still good, look at COE price. 

You're right

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/i-took-my-wealth-granted-then-my-husband-told-me-we-were-bankrupt

'I took my wealth for granted - then my husband told me we were bankrupt'

On 10/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, BanCoe said:

and also again collect new ABSD + Stamp duty from new buyer(since I take it that he is a foreigner)  ..... 

The new buyer is american - americans are exempt from ABSD in Singapore. (1st property)

Anyway, with current travel restrictions, Dyson's probably not even going to be in Singapore for years, so doubt he'd need the condo...

• Praise 1

Anyone heard about the lim sor choo housewife vs OCBC bankruptcy case? 

about “all money mortgage” 
Quite an eye opener for me 

Edited by Dp26

5 hours ago, Dp26 said:

better read mortgage docs carefully

On 10/19/2020 at 6:36 PM, mersaylee said:

Wasted...I was hoping to see him during one of my lunch breaks since I slave near wallRICH...in order to tell him his vacuum cleaner really sucks...I mean really can suck...👍😝

So what would you tell him about his hair dryer? 

Blow me? :XD:

• Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Tedlhw said:

better read mortgage docs carefully

Tan Sing Hwa and his wife Lim Sor Choo in 2011 was approved for a loan of USD 1.94 million from Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC) to finance a property; and in 2016 Tan Sing Hwa signed on a second loan from OCBC Hong Kong to fund two of his companies namely Coastal Oil (HK) Limited and Coastal Oil Singapore Pte Ltd.

The 2011 loan term stated that Lim is also jointly liable for any sums owed by Tan to OCBC, including any interests and costs incurred. The 2011 loan term was also in effect for Tan’s second loan in 2016.

Frankly I think the terms are nonsense. Borrow 2 mil but have to take on unlimited liability at the same time?

I also have loan under OCBC - better go check the docs.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:28 PM, Windwaver said:

You're right

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/i-took-my-wealth-granted-then-my-husband-told-me-we-were-bankrupt

'I took my wealth for granted - then my husband told me we were bankrupt'

Husband lost money, yet she everyday quarrel with him and blame him.  What kind of a bitch is this.

enjoy life didnt blink.  Become bankrupt already scold the husband.   Husband hide from her so that she wont be worried.  Like as if she can do anything.   Really lousy wife.  She could have saved some money by the side but she didnt. Treat her husband like a tap. 

Obigood lah, stay bankrupted.  

Anyway, nice story to read, its most likely all fiction, written and published at this point because of the current situation we are facing.  

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 2

On 10/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, Dp26 said:

Why is it eye opening?

owe money pay money. Very simple.

13 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Why is it eye opening?

owe money pay money. Very simple.

Less so about owe money pay money

the case was about the mortgage loan they had together was implicated by the personal guarantee the other party (husband) thus making her liable for her husband’s loan/business as well. 

doesn’t feel right in this case where I feel it’s 2 separate loan and guarantee and under different capacity. 

or maybe I just suaku dunno this kind of things.. 

22 minutes ago, Dp26 said:

Less so about owe money pay money

the case was about the mortgage loan they had together was implicated by the personal guarantee the other party (husband) thus making her liable for her husband’s loan/business as well. 

doesn’t feel right in this case where I feel it’s 2 separate loan and guarantee and under different capacity. 

or maybe I just suaku dunno this kind of things.. 

Thats the way it is.  

Therefore open eyes before signing as guarantor.  

In this case, i dont think its wrong becos the loan is all from the same bank and she is his wife who will benefit from his business and property whether directly or indirectly.  Moreover it is quite common that borrowers give their assets to another legal entity (eg. their wives)  to avoid paying the bad debt.   

So dont be a guarantor, unless you can equally give your life up for the person you are guaranteeing.

↡ Advertisement