Where do you plan to go to after COVID-19 lockdowns?

racerbum

On 10/20/2020 at 1:31 AM, yellowshaun said:

Taiwan is my fav holiday destination (other than MY), but after that mask manufacturing saga nonsense, I'll prob take my tourist dollar to my wife's fav holiday destination - Korea - instead!

I have visited Taiwan many many times until it became boring to me. I switched to Guangzhou last year. The food there is much better compared to Taiwan. 

↡ Advertisement

On 10/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, inlinesix said:

I just want to go Yong Peng for lunch, Kluang for coffee break and JB for message.

More importantly, RON100 ftw

Yong Peng? the fish ball noddle?

14 minutes ago, yingandvan said:

I'd love to go to Korea or Japan. I was supposed to be in Seoul last April 2020 😞

Go Japan first. Help me hit my KPI. I am Chief Online Marketing Office for JTA Japan Tourist Association.

:D

• Haha! 2

18 minutes ago, yingandvan said:

I'd love to go to Korea or Japan. I was supposed to be in Seoul last April 2020 😞

If you need ideas where to go, I can help. I got many nice suggestions.

:D

Elderly Hyogo man touches convenience store clerk’s breast, buys all the fried chicken, runs away

The hot food in convenience stores is very nice.

image.png.2e0dc403253bf1e889c0808da38f8158.png

Sometimes even all the nuggets and hot dogs in the world can’t absolve an evil deed.

On 8 August in Amagasaki City, Hyogo Prefecture, 73-year-old Kazuyuki Fujimoto reportedly entered a convenience store and approached the counter to inquire about the case of deep-fried foods next to the register.

All major convenience stores in Japan have a deep-fried food case on the counter. The one pictured below, however, was set-up for a special all-you-can-eat event. Cases in normal stores would be about one-tenth as stocked as this one.

Wow all you can eat!

image.png.4325cc21cfa13c17a17532260c2655e7.png

The clerk, a 16-year-old freshman in high school, leaned over to explain the contents of the case to Fujimoto. However, as she did so, Fujimoto is accused of reaching at her from behind and touching her in the vicinity of her right breast.

Immediately after the contact occured, Fujimoto allegedly bought every single item in the deep-fried case. After what is a surely among the most uncomfortable convenience store transactions ever, he reportedly ran away from the shop with his heap of greasy foods and shame in tow.

Sadly, like with many victims of sexual assault, it wasn’t until a later date that the student finally came forward and mentioned the incident to her boss. She then filed a report to the police who eventually tracked the suspect down and made an arrest on 20 January.

Readers of the news were understandably confused by Fujimoto’s decision to buy all of the chicken, corn dogs, and spring rolls between committing the assault and fleeing the scene.

“Wait, he paid for everything, and then ran? That’s just weird.”
“Maybe he was stocking up since he knew he could never go back there.”
“Did he buy all that because he felt guilty?”
“I wanna try that! The buying all fried food thing, not the molesting thing.”
“Poor girl. It’s jerks like that that make it harder for women to find decent work. They can’t even work a convenience store without getting sexually harassed.”

It certainly wasn’t doing the young woman any favors either, considering she would have had to place each item into a separate paper wrapper and then ask her assailant if he wanted mustard or ketchup throughout what must have been an excruciatingly long purchase.

image.png.f1368e4161e4036ed1df80aa9f68fff8.png

However, while an argument can be made that the purchase was intended to be a twisted way of adding insult to injury, it was more likely a poorly thought out attempt at compensation. Sadly, there is a deeply-entrenched concept in this society that one can simply pay-off their crimes with money that has a lot of precedent to back it up.

Molest is no laughing matter.

I am also a victim and it happens in my job.

Just because young ladies pay for a massage

doesn't mean they can massage the masseuse.

:grin:

21 hours ago, Jamesc said:

What do you buy from the convenience stores?

:grin:

They have all kinds of cute stuff from Lawson/7-eleven that you can nvr find in Singapore. Check out this youtube channel 🙂

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendations for Tokyo? We've been to Japan, but only in Osaka and just for 5 days. We went to Universal Studios and Osaka Castle but that's it :D

Road trip to Scandinavia countries for me....supposed to do a trip among the Scandinavia countries last year with wifey and colleagues.

after that is fav place - Japan, ....and now that Trump is no longer the President of USA - Maybe US of A....or Canada. One of my bucket list is the Niagara falls and the Grand Canyon!! [laugh]

3 minutes ago, Spidey10 said:

Road trip to Scandinavia countries for me....supposed to do a trip among the Scandinavia countries last year with wifey and colleagues.

after that is fav place - Japan, ....and now that Trump is no longer the President of USA - Maybe US of A....or Canada. One of my bucket list is the Niagara falls and the Grand Canyon!! [laugh]

no scare kena hantam? [sly] 

↡ Advertisement