Johor Couple’s House Burgled While They Work In S’pore, Angbaos & Food Found In A Mess

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Johor Couple’s House Burgled While They Work In S’pore, Angbaos & Food Found In A Mess

source: https://mustsharenews.com/couples-house-burgled/

xJohor-Couples-House-Was-Burgled-When-Th

Johor Couple’s House Burgled As Home Owners Are Working In Singapore

A home burglary might not be common in Singapore due to our low crime rate. However, such happenings may be more rampant in other countries.

Unfortunately, a Johor couple’s house was burgled when they were working in Singapore.

xCouples-house-burgled-4.png.pagespeed.i

The house was in disarray after the ransacking, with signs that the burglars stayed in the premises for a few days.

Furthermore, the couple’s house was not the only one that was broken into.

Couple’s house left in mess, with car stolen

In a Facebook post by one of the victims’ older brother, he said the iron gates of the house had been knocked open.

According to him, the couple had been working in Singapore and were unable to return to Malaysia due to closed borders and strict Covid-19 safety measures.

xCouples-house-burgled-2.png.pagespeed.i

A look inside the house showed a frightening scene of scattered belongings and opened ang baos.

The hurricane of mess continued into the bedroom, where the cupboards were emptied and clothes were strewn all over the floor.

xCouples-house-burgled-5.png.pagespeed.i

Furthermore, the couple’s car, a white Proton Satria, was nowhere to be found.

This is the last thing someone would hope to see when they return from overseas.

Burglars may have stayed for a while

According to the victim’s brother, there were signs that the burglars had an extended stay in the couple’s house.

Leftover food and urine were found in the property and there was evidence of drug usage.

Neighbours only became suspicious when they heard strange sounds at home and called the police.

Couple were not the only victims in area

Unfortunately, a neighbour also had his house looted after he left home to visit his wife who had given birth.

Jewellery and cash were stolen from the house, shared the older brother. However, it is uncertain whether the same burglars were involved in the looting.

Take precautions for extended overseas stays

This incident, though horrifying, is a reminder for us to take the necessary precautions when we are expecting to be away from home for an extended period of time.

A CCTV and burglar alarm may act as deterrence for criminals. Even in Singapore, we are not exempted from the risk of burglary, even with our low crime rate.

After all, an empty house is always a tempting opportunity for looters.

New year come early for the bulgar. October only start to count ang pao money le.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

the same thing happen to my neighbour malaysian worker many years back.

i saw him welding many metal bars, he told me house kenna robbed while family is away .

he fix/weld reinforcement metal pipe as thick as 2-3 inch to all his windows lol

• Praise 2

Good time for burglars to break into houses in JB due to many houses are left vacant due to all got stuck in sg because of closed borders. I think those sporeans who have bought houses in JB also same.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Volvobrick said:

Don't buy worries... 

I try to remind myself. 

This covid nobody can predict would resulted in closed borders for so long. So when they buy the houses in JB, thought they can enjoy the house as long as they live. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Acemundo said:

saw the empty tv bracket on the wall, the thieves probably took away the tv as well.

With a fan standing lonely in the center which is unwanted. 

• Sad 1

Come on lah. The Proton Satria is just a small hatchback. After they fit the TV I think not much space left.

18 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Got bra also nobody take

Are you serious? Used bra got no demand lah. Used panties on the other hand....

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

the same thing happen to my neighbour malaysian worker many years back.

i saw him welding many metal bars, he told me house kenna robbed while family is away .

he fix/weld reinforcement metal pipe as thick as 2-3 inch to all his windows lol

Another way to not to have windows.

It's working as people WFH in Singapore, windows are shut majority of the time, if not, all the time.

As for the doors, do this

0da63249f4308d85fb3a284cd657d949.jpg

• Haha! 2

16 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Another way to not to have windows.

It's working as people WFH in Singapore, windows are shut majority of the time, if not, all the time.

As for the doors, do this

0da63249f4308d85fb3a284cd657d949.jpg

Prease....if burglars can break into a pyramid this is nothing.

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged

already happening some weeks back liao

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sporeans-homes-malaysia-limbo-due-border-restrictions-some-paying-double-living-costs

To add to their woes, their Malaysian home, located at Horizon Hills, a gated development in Iskandar Puteri, was burgled about two months ago.

K, 53, said his camera equipment, a few watches and his son’s collection of basketball shoes were stolen, according to a friend who checks on the property from time to time. He is unable to lodge a police report, however, as he is not in the country.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Scion said:

already happening some weeks back liao

I thought , property agents and gurus say the gated properties there damn good one?

i always say dont buy unless you retire there to stay everyday

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1