Joey Meng, turns 50, proves she's ageless: She was Ma Xiaoling in 1998's 'My Date With A Vampire'

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Joey Meng, turns 50, proves she's ageless: She was Ma Xiaoling in 1998's 'My Date With A Vampire'

joey-meng-50.jpg

Joey Meng, the evergreen Hong Kong actress, beauty queen and model, has just turned 50 years young.

To celebrate her birthday, she put up a video on various social media platforms to wish herself well and show viewers what graceful aging looks like:

Her youthful countenance, naturally, attracted a ton of comments calling her out as both a "goddess" and "vampire" who never ages.

Evergreen

The "vampire" comments are not a slur, as Meng was the lead actress who starred in the wildly popular Hong Kong drama, My Date With A Vampire, circa 1998.

my-date-with-a-vampire.jpg

The series titillated many with its kooky love story about a vampire Kuang Tianyou and spunky ghostbuster Ma Xiaoling, played by Meng.

The memorable role cemented her place in classic television canon from the 1990s, at a time when the medium was at its peak globally.

Birthday tease

Meng's birthday video was a tease for fans, as she provided a small glimpse of her trademark 109cm legs.

Her birthdate is officially listed as Oct. 2, 1970.

On Oct. 18, Meng posted her video wishing herself happy birthday according to the lunar calendar.

She wrote: "Today is my lunar birthday, happy birthday to me."

In the video, she said in Cantonese: "Some say, a woman at 18 is at her best age... but, I feel, regardless of one's age, the present age is still the best age. A woman is at her best age not when she is 18 and at the prime of her youth, nor is it at 30 when she is mature, but it is when she is at her most confident self."

The video ended with the caption: "1970 + 50 = 2020. Happy birthday to me".

joey-meng-50-cheers.jpg

Meng's various social media postings so far have documented her resistance to ageing over the years:

joey-meng-50-03.jpg

joey-meng-50-02.jpg

joey-meng-50-01.jpg

joey-meng-50-04.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Shocked 1

Wah, she looks like the same in the drama My Date With A Vampire siah!  :o  But ah, she is only 50 year old, by right she should not look old also la. 50 year old is still consider young.

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Damn ... She's even older than me... But looks half my age !

Maintenance very important la. Stress, diet and sleep also would affect your appearance as you age.

wah....there were 2 xmms in the drama series date with vampire

couldn't decide which one was prettier then

😅

8 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah....there were 2 xmms in the drama series date with vampire

couldn't decide which one was prettier then

😅

2 xmms in the drama? Joey Meng and who?

21 minutes ago, 13177 said:

2 xmms in the drama? Joey Meng and who?

GND type not for you is it?

or you too mesmerized by this joey and ignored the rest?

🤣

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Wah, she looks like the same in the drama My Date With A Vampire siah!  :o  But ah, she is only 50 year old, by right she should not look old also la. 50 year old is still consider young.

what is your definition of old? hahaha.

I once thought she married Donald Yuen...she's happily married now and she has my breasting...i mean blessing...

Sheeeesh... She's one of my goddesses...😍

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Joey Meng, the evergreen Hong Kong actress, beauty queen and model, has just turned 50 years young.

To celebrate her birthday, she put up a video on various social media platforms to wish herself well and show viewers what graceful aging looks like:

Her youthful countenance, naturally, attracted a ton of comments calling her out as both a "goddess" and "vampire" who never ages.

Evergreen

The "vampire" comments are not a slur, as Meng was the lead actress who starred in the wildly popular Hong Kong drama, My Date With A Vampire, circa 1998.

The series titillated many with its kooky love story about a vampire Kuang Tianyou and spunky ghostbuster Ma Xiaoling, played by Meng.

The memorable role cemented her place in classic television canon from the 1990s, at a time when the medium was at its peak globally.

Birthday tease

Meng's birthday video was a tease for fans, as she provided a small glimpse of her trademark 109cm legs.

Her birthdate is officially listed as Oct. 2, 1970.

On Oct. 18, Meng posted her video wishing herself happy birthday according to the lunar calendar.

She wrote: "Today is my lunar birthday, happy birthday to me."

In the video, she said in Cantonese: "Some say, a woman at 18 is at her best age... but, I feel, regardless of one's age, the present age is still the best age. A woman is at her best age not when she is 18 and at the prime of her youth, nor is it at 30 when she is mature, but it is when she is at her most confident self."

The video ended with the caption: "1970 + 50 = 2020. Happy birthday to me".

Meng's various social media postings so far have documented her resistance to ageing over the years:

Wah... she was your time one meh? Can't be mah...

Anyway, quite a few HK actresses quite good with their maintenance, so even at 60 or 70, still look quite good one hor...

One of those pretty actresses who starred in quite a few of those HK canto serials when they were still aired on Ch 8, 赵雅芝, turned 65 last Nov and got photo showing her still looking good. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.21.55 AM.png

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Wah... she was your time one meh? Can't be mah...

Anyway, quite a few HK actresses quite good with their maintenance, so even at 60 or 70, still look quite good one hor...

One of those pretty actresses who starred in quite a few of those HK canto serials when they were still aired on Ch 8, 赵雅芝, turned 65 last Nov and got photo showing her still looking good. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 11.21.55 AM.png

This one really dont know what to say liao, at 65 her face and skin still dont looks like already past 60s siah! What she do siah?

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, Enye said:

GND type not for you is it?

or you too mesmerized by this joey and ignored the rest?

🤣

Yah, i too mesmerized by this joey back in that drama liao. Dont know still got which xmms lo? But i remember that drama got yang gongru which is consider not bad also during that era la. Lol.

What is GND ah?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

33 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I once thought she married Donald Yuen...she's happily married now and she has my breasting...i mean blessing...

Sheeeesh... She's one of my goddesses...😍

Who is Donald Yuen?

↡ Advertisement