5 in south korea died after getting flu shot

VteckiCk

On 10/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, Jman888 said:

huh our weather here also need to take the flu vaccine yearly? i only remember taking once when travel to winter country but not any more after that, too lazy or forget [laugh]

Lala job.

Protect his loved so flu vaccine is a must for him.

↡ Advertisement

8 hours ago, Chongster said:

statistically i guess always that zero point zero something percent will get allergic reaction and can die.  even panadol also got people take and die.

G6PD.

2 hours ago, BenTong said:

The question one must ask.. the flu vaccines we are having in SG now.. we have those stock or not and who tio inject with it and any tio reaction..

They are mostly by Korean companies and partly by Sanofi. 

I just did mine on Thursday. 

actually with all the masking, wfh and social distancing in place now, would the benefits of getting a flu vaccination be less ?

• Praise 1

Smc temporarily halted usage of the Sanofi vaccine in Sg while waiting for further info. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, JanM said:

actually with all the masking, wfh and social distancing in place now, would the benefits of getting a flu vaccination be less ?

So the right question is, is mortality down in Singapore this year? Pneumonia is a major killer in the elderly. And influenza does play a major role here. But that would be a retrospective review. 

In Singapore, its debatable. Certainly in the North, when people move indoors due to the weather, influenza is a major problem. 

• Praise 1

Stop 2 vaccines not vaccination program. Pragmatic move. Anyway I had mine a week ago.. sore this time.. had a bit of a fluish feel on Thursday. Had Korean bbq n kimchi on Sat.. staying indoors coz of the rain.. in air con.. Jialat..

• Praise 2

23 hours ago, BenTong said:

The question one must ask.. the flu vaccines we are having in SG now.. we have those stock or not and who tio inject with it and any tio reaction..

I had a flu shot a week ago and that particular flu shot has now been suspended.  But those who had the flu shot are assured that it's still safe and the suspension is just a precautionary measure.

I am still alive.  :D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

I had a flu shot a week ago and that particular flu shot has now been suspended.  But those who had the flu shot are assured that it's still safe and the suspension is just a precautionary measure.

I am still alive.  :D

Oh u kana vaxigrip? 

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Any reports of peeps who had it suffered some serious side effects? Rumors have it seems.. 

No official news. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/south-korea-influenza-vaccination-death-toll-13374320

Asia

South Korea urges people to get flu shots, trust its steps on health

26 Oct 2020 12:24PM(Updated: 26 Oct 2020 04:52PM)

SEOUL: South Korea sought on Monday (Oct 26) to dispel concerns over the safety of its seasonal influenza vaccine, urging it on citizens in a bid to avert stress on a health system that is already grappling with the coronavirus.

Public anxiety over the safety of flu vaccine has surged after at least 59 people died this month following vaccinations, while last month about 5 million doses had to be disposed of as they were not stored at recommended temperatures.

Advertisement

Authorities have said they found no direct link between the deaths and the vaccines against flu, which kills at least 3,000 South Koreans each year.

"Do trust the health authorities' conclusion ... reached after a review with experts," President Moon Jae-in said.

"There is a need to expand the influenza vaccination this year not only to prevent the flu, but also to ward off concurrent infection and spread of flu and COVID-19," he told a meeting.

Last year, more than 1,500 elderly people died within seven days of receiving flu vaccines, but those deaths were not linked to the vaccinations, the government said.

South Korea, which began free inoculations for the last eligible group on Monday, has ordered 20 per cent more flu vaccines this year to banish the prospect of concurrent major outbreaks of flu and coronavirus in winter, which would strain its health system.

It said more than 14.7 million people have been inoculated.

About 1,200 instances of adverse reactions have been reported among them, but no direct link with vaccinations has been established, though 13 deaths are still being investigated.

The benefits of vaccination far outweigh any side effects, the health ministry has said.

Severe adverse reactions to the flu vaccines are rare, with just one in 500,000 or a million people suffering anaphylactic shock, a life-threatening condition typically brought on within seconds to minutes in those with an allergy, a top health official told Monday's briefing.

No such case has been reported, the government said.

Singapore became one of the first nations this week to call a temporary halt to the use of two influenza vaccines, as a precaution, despite no reports of any deaths that could be linked.

South Korea said influenza infections dropped to 1.2 per 1,000 people in the week of Oct 11 to 17, from 4.6 in the corresponding week a year ago.

Source: Reuters/kv

Moh say South Korea review say no causal links. HSA also say bo tai chi. The two vaccines can be used once again. 

↡ Advertisement