parents do u still insist on kids having a wedding banquet when they get married?

VteckiCk

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

engagement rings are definitely the most waste money.

I don't wear my wedding rings but at least that isn't a big sum.

i wore my wedding ring for maybe a month and stop wearing for past 25 years [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4

Twincharged
11 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i wore my wedding ring for maybe a month and stop wearing for past 25 years [laugh]

I wore about a week only then hang it on my keychain ...  Wife ask me why don't wear... I say I do manual work,  not convenient.... Then she also took her ring off and put both in the cabinet. No issue.  

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

I am from the old school. There are certain rules for my children to follow.eg. No boyfriend/girlfriend from another race. Different religion is ok. Boyfriend/girlfriend hopefully No Tattoos. Luckily, my daughter will have dinner banquet. I requested 5 tables from my son in law. The rest l will pay for it. If my son is marrying, l will also apply the same principle. Luckily my son in law doesn’t have any tattoo on him.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

yeah something liddat.

But engagement ring cost about 6k. wedding rings 1k+ ... lol

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Dafansu said:

I don't have banquet, just 2x10 seaters tables at Wan Hao restaurant Marriott Tangs together with the ROM ceremony. Own family and my wife dad/mum only. Simple and hassle free. 

Although I would leave it to the kids... But I do think that it's a bare minimum to gather the close relatives who watched them grow up shud gather to witness the wedding by means of a dinner. So maybe small room with  maybe 2-3 tables or so... Like my solemnisation...  2 tables of 10 each. 

But for myself,  my mother insisted on inviting the relatives/friends I hardly know or even knew existed.... So we still ended up with 16 tables. 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yeah something liddat.

But engagement ring cost about 6k. wedding rings 1k+ ... lol

why engagement one more expensive? cos 到手后 wedding one no need to spend so much? [laugh] 

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Alau3978 said:

I am from the old school. There are certain rules for my children to follow.eg. No boyfriend/girlfriend from another race. Different religion is ok. Boyfriend/girlfriend hopefully No Tattoos. Luckily, my daughter will have dinner banquet. I requested 5 tables from my son in law. The rest l will pay for it. If my son is marrying, l will also apply the same principle. Luckily my son in law doesn’t have any tattoo on him.

I respect your for your honesty man! I feel the same way....but you know... There are some serious internet trolls out there.... 

i feel that a wedding banquet is and should serve as a celebratory event

elders will invite relatives and neighbours to catch up and share wedding moment 

couple will invite friends who have made an impact in their lives, all dressed up, have a drink, have a laugh, maybe shed a tear, take some photos and create a memory together. 

if you're marrying the person of your dreams and you don't feel a need to celebrate it with your family and friends who had been part of your relationship journey... ok...

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

lol my wife will still give me the stare if i don't put on my ring even when we are going out for a simple meal. 4 years into marriage now

• Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

why engagement one more expensive? cos 到手后 wedding one no need to spend so much? [laugh] 

0.7carat diamond vs normal rings, though my wife one has those very tiny diamond type.

Though i quite like my wedding ring design. Just not used to wearing all these lah.

Just now, Kaka23 said:

lol my wife will still give me the stare if i don't put on my ring even when we are going out for a simple meal. 4 years into marriage now

We both don't wear haha

39 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

nowadays share one right. wife pay for some at least.

What i find quite silly is the dowry/giving back tables etc. Whatever lah. That one definitely very outdated.

Yah, i think thats so transactional.  

Asking for this and that, machiam selling children away.

mine , i paid becos i could. Thats all. Simple. No chee chee wai wai

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

0.7carat diamond vs normal rings, though my wife one has those very tiny diamond type.

Though i quite like my wedding ring design. Just not used to wearing all these lah.

my wife lost hers in a mall's toilet, lucky it was only $300+ [lipsrsealed]

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

We both don't wear haha

Same here.  Becos not jewellery people. I only wear my watch.  My wedding ring very laoda style look. Purposely crafted that way actually to kinda be funny.   5 diamonds in a row 2+ carats , damn joker lah, me.   Hers is trinity diamond ring, elegant. But now also throw in safe, not wearing.  Parly becos we very hands on, everyday hard life doing chores

12 minutes ago, Kaka23 said:

i feel that a wedding banquet is and should serve as a celebratory event

elders will invite relatives and neighbours to catch up and share wedding moment 

couple will invite friends who have made an impact in their lives, all dressed up, have a drink, have a laugh, maybe shed a tear, take some photos and create a memory together. 

if you're marrying the person of your dreams and you don't feel a need to celebrate it with your family and friends who had been part of your relationship journey... ok...

in Singapore i would guess 90% of the wedding banquet are mainly to rush through the SOP like putting on a show, the couple dun really put much deep emotion into how they feel [laugh]

1 minute ago, Jman888 said:

in Singapore i would guess 90% of the wedding banquet are mainly to rush through the SOP like putting on a show, the couple dun really put much deep emotion into how they feel [laugh]

Thats quite true which is why when it came to my turn, got dancing, music, cigars. Its important to be happy on your Wedding day!

• Praise 1

If my daughter-in-law wants one, she will have it. No question asked.

Venue she decides, I will pay. No problem. 👌

How big or how private she wants, I will pay. No problem. 👌

• Praise 3

Twincharged

My wife's relative... Instead of posh hotel.... Had her wedding get together by ordering a buffet lunch at Sentosa... Did not even rent a spot... Just occupy,  put down the food and then gather ! 

↡ Advertisement