Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

Property investment means different things to different people of different age different networth different needs different risk perspectives.

Its actually very personal.  But some groups of people need to rara properties as much as possible becos its their ricebowl or they are invested  Understandable lah.   
just dont so chekark get poor people in trouble and dont act altruistic as if you are out to save people lah

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Property investment means different things to different people of different age different networth different needs different risk perspectives.

Its actually very personal.  But some groups of people need to rara properties as much as possible becos its their ricebowl or they are invested  Understandable lah.   
just dont so chekark get poor people in trouble and dont act altruistic as if you are out to save people lah

Boss, what's the downside of registering property under Corporate Name?

I am talking about 1 property register to 1 Company

One aspect of high psf not discussed is that average size has come down over the years to keep quantum affordable - pegged to TDSR.

The property index only measure psf (I stand corrected on this) and there should be another index to measure both metrics (psf & size) to better reflect the ground.

On CPF, I think the opportunity cost in using CPF to pay mortgage has not been fully understood. Especially in our low interest rate environment and the G still offering 2.5% for OA.

• Praise 1

My relative just sold his HDB with decent profits and bought a small private unit. Just met MOP. This group may account for some of these trends we are seeing. 

But I can't quite say I agree with the move. A larger 99 LH may be more suitable than a FH. 

• Praise 1

I wonder if persistent Deflation might set in next couple of years triggering record & prolonged Insolvency & bankruptcies Worldwide. If it do happens, banks & investors will be fearful to lend & we all knows what can happens from there... higher premiums/interest charged for the risks to lend (credit worthy borrowers) & Debts will be more expensive to repay stifling Growth / GDP.  Such a scenario if take place can Property prices continue to Grow?

Internal Moderator
8 hours ago, therock said:

I'm beginning this thread so I can continue to discuss matters on a topic that interests me. I know there is a thread with similar content, but it's become a bit toxic, so if the mods don't mind, I'll start one here?

Otherwise go ahead and merge.

Basically we have an economic crisis on us, and internationally things are not doing well either. But in spite of this, property prices seem to be headed northwards and the agents will want to tell you, they won't drop.

But job losses are on the way, and the capital appreciation on property isn't what it used to be and despite what agents try to tout, one must consider all factors rationally, and see if your money is better served elsewhere.

Eg a good benchmark will be the 2.5% that CPF offers.

But property remains enticing because it takes a lot more effort and investigation to find alternatives and not all Singaporeans are that hardworking or familiar with the investment instruments available. 

I wonder what the rest think?

Cheers

I approve! haha. I also wanna learn about a property before I really go into buying one.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Boss, what's the downside of registering property under Corporate Name?

I am talking about 1 property register to 1 Company

Bro,

I’m in the property line.

Can just drop me a PM if u find my views to be of use 

• Praise 3

24 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I approve! haha. I also wanna learn about a property before I really go into buying one.

Thanks 🙏 

I have some contacts for sanitary wares and such when you are ready bro

Plus that store we went to for house items together during covid .. 👍 

• Haha! 1

Another trend I am seeing are the Malaysians providing the rental base for the time being.

Most likely they may not rent luxury houses, but HDBs and entry level private demand from them is huge.

I put up one advert for rental this week. Over the weekend already have 3 Malaysian Chinese couples come to visit, not including those who can’t take it because the Move in date cannot match. Also not including the usual ethnic groups...

For the next two years or more, they will be here. 

Surprisingly, there is also demand from Singaporeans. Those who bought property to stay in JB. Encountered a couple already...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Showster said:

My relative just sold his HDB with decent profits and bought a small private unit. Just met MOP. This group may account for some of these trends we are seeing. 

But I can't quite say I agree with the move. A larger 99 LH may be more suitable than a FH. 

Coincidentally, my friend just sold his flat too, right after MOP. Actually I am pretty surprised of the high price he managed to sell. Guess many are disposing after MOP. The property market is a bit of de-coupling from the economy.  

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Throttle2 said:

Agree with this. 👏 E.g. Even within same age group within my lunch group, risk appetite is already vastly different. 

1 hour ago, Showster said:

Childless or merely a couple. 

28 minutes ago, Rskc said:

Coincidentally, my friend just sold his flat too, right after MOP. Actually I am pretty surprised of the high price he managed to sell. Guess many are disposing after MOP. The property market is a bit of de-coupling from the economy.  

Isn't it sell high and buy high?

36 minutes ago, Showster said:

Another trend I am seeing are the Malaysians providing the rental base for the time being.

Most likely they may not rent luxury houses, but HDBs and entry level private demand from them is huge.

I put up one advert for rental this week. Over the weekend already have 3 Malaysian Chinese couples come to visit, not including those who can’t take it because the Move in date cannot match. Also not including the usual ethnic groups...

For the next two years or more, they will be here. 

Surprisingly, there is also demand from Singaporeans. Those who bought property to stay in JB. Encountered a couple already...

Any reason for the upsurge in Malaysia Chinese?

4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Any reason for the upsurge in Malaysia Chinese?

Actually Singapore economy has always had a strong presence of them. Many travel daily across causeways.

The cases in Malaysia may worry some of them to come over if they have the capacity to do so.

So far have also seen some Singaporeans returning from overseas. I think they take back their houses so the tenants need to move around.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

Just now, Showster said:

One child. With his Budget, I feel a bigger LH is more suitable.

If the child is at school going age than space shouldn't be a concern. Probably some other reason they want to go down the FH route. 

↡ Advertisement