Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

everything up except salary down ... that's NATURAL order of things ... 

We have seen massive job losses and income drop so they might be contributing factors pushing  prices up🤣

Edited by Ginyu
↡ Advertisement

This is a very strange severe recession. Everything is going up.  Or perhaps the value of money is coming down with liquidity injection by central banks. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

everything up except salary down ... that's NATURAL order of things ... 

Salary also up wor, referring to the top quadrant.

But for the rest of us, it is really a recession.

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/house-owner-fails-in-bid-to-lay-claim-to-adjacent-land-after-making-argument

得寸进尺。。you could say he's been planning this since 1980..

SINGAPORE - A house owner who went to court, claiming a strip of land next to his University Road property belonged to him because the roots of his rambutan trees had extended into the neighbouring plot, has lost his case.

The plot of land in contention - a narrow strip of about 64.5 sq m without structures on it - is owned by property investment firm Yat Yuen Hong Company.

It is sandwiched between the house and Kheam Hock Park, which is on state land.

Mr Koh Ah Kin argued that he had acquired the neighbouring land through adverse possession, a law which allowed a person to lay claim to a piece of land if he had occupied it for 12 years without the owner's permission.

The law, sometimes referred to colloquially as "squatter's rights", was abolished on March 1, 1994.

This meant Mr Koh had to prove he was in possession of the neighbouring land before March 1, 1982, at least 12 years before the law was changed.

To support his case, Mr Koh engaged an arborist to give expert evidence, in an attempt to show that rambutan trees he planted in 1980 are the same trees that have grown roots into the adjacent plot.

His arguments were thrown out on Wednesday (Nov 18) by High Court Judge Lee Seiu Kin, who said Mr Koh has failed to show the trees were planted before March 1, 1982.

In any event, Justice Lee said, the trees were on Mr Koh's property and not within the strip of land.

• Haha! 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/me-my-property-tested-formula-for-buying-property

Sounds reasonable.. 

She has devised her formula over many years of real estate experience and applies it with a keen eye.

A property should have primary schools within 1km to 2km, an MRT station within a 10-minute walk, and shopping malls or supermarkets no more than 10 minutes by car.

High ceilings and a north-south orientation do not hurt, either.

She adds: "It would be ideal if there are restaurants and clinics in the vicinity as well.

"Apart from that, proximity to parks and other sports facilities is a further plus point."

If the property is for rental, she favours the Central Business District as the yields tend to be good and tenants easy to find.

Ms Chern, 50, who has over two decades of experience in real estate, is the head of residential project marketing and prime sales and leasing at Knight Frank Singapore.

She holds a diploma in marketing from MDIS and started her career in financial advisory.

Ms Chern also advises home seekers to do the usual checks on valuations, financing and interest rates before jumping into the market, adding that it is also ideal to buy mortgage insurance to provide security for loved ones in case of death or permanent disability.

Q: What are the factors you look out for when buying property?

A: I look at the developer, the property's utilisation of space, proximity to amenities, where the unit faces and the price per square foot (psf).

The reputation and track record of the developer are important as they add to the buyer's confidence.

They assure me of the quality of the property I'll be living in, and inspire confidence when it comes to the finishings, which hopefully means fewer maintenance issues.

A well-built property with a good layout and facilities also lets me get a better asking price from tenants should I decide to rent it out.

As for an ideal size, I see it as relating to the amount of interior living space that my family and I can enjoy.

Ideal units are not only regular in shape, but also do not have too many balconies, terraces, bay windows or air-conditioning ledges.

High ceilings are great as they make the property look brighter and more spacious.

Good-facing units are those that offer views of greenery or have open views and do not capture the noon sun.

I also prefer those that are north-south facing, which I reckon have better cross ventilation.

As for the ideal price per square foot, there is no fixed answer to this. It depends on the location and the kind of development that I'm looking for at the time.

For example, older projects tend to have a more attractive price psf compared with new launches.

At the same time, older developments may have their downsides due to wear and tear.

15 minutes ago, therock said:

can only say or bi good to future generation ... [sweatdrop] 

just like current generation of hkee ... said their lao peh lao bu ... work hard ... save $$ still can get a small flat

now ... current generation all hong kan liao ... lucky we got hdbeeee

Edited by Wt_know

5 hours ago, Wt_know said:

can only say or bi good to future generation ... [sweatdrop] 

just like current generation of hkee ... said their lao peh lao bu ... work hard ... save $$ still can get a small flat

now ... current generation all hong kan liao ... lucky we got hdbeeee

Hong kan 

hong kan

hong kan

wooooohoooo

13 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Formula that every ah ter ah kow ah gu also knows.....

equals Common Sense

.muayhahaha

yalor ... the million dollar question is 

what (property)

where (location)

when (timing)

and most importantly

how ($$$)

since the why is already answered ... LOL

even every tom dick and harry find out why, what, where and when ... but how?

Edited by Wt_know

22 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I chanced upon a Master guru, this time huat liao.

hdb to condo, condo to landed, landed to landed plus 2 condos...fast track ......huat liao

C22E6D7F-81C8-4BB4-9BDE-4F72F67BF336.png

1AD86DBD-D015-47CC-AF0C-03108773B780.png

Hahaha depend on which cycle he is in.

Given current state of cycle he has to speak on seminars for his condo installments😂

Tale of 2 side by side condos at Bishan.

Sky Habitat and Sky Vue.

Got this off a property agent's mailer. 

Sky Habitat is of course in the doldrums.

But surprised that a 33rd floor 3 bedder unit (1141 sq ft) at Sky Vue only managed a $100k profit (about 6% profit) after holding for 4 years?  And that's considered "massive profits" as per the mailer? 

At the same time I am hearing colleges saying that some of the more popular BTO HDBs are getting 200k to 400k profits after the 5 years MOP! 

Am I missing something here?

20201123_195529.thumb.jpg.b8c1b937b5525f959d6e5bc0d4757442.jpg

annualised return < 3% ... enough to cover mortgage interests + expenses + commissions + cpf accrual interest bo? [sweatdrop] 

where is the MSW boa jiak property investing? hehe

leave the money in cpf with annualised 2.5% and use the cash to buy some bonds with additional 2% ...

song song gao jurong 4.5% return liao ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

20 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Hahaha depend on which cycle he is in.

Given current state of cycle he has to speak on seminars for his condo installments😂

when i first step out uni to work ... that's already my singapore dream 

bto/hdb <upgrade> ec <upgrade> atas pc <upgrade> landed <upgrade> bigger and atas landed

but i am still stuck in bto/hdb ... i need to meet this guy ... muahahaha

in the old days if you bump into colleague in pantry  will say ... wah hearsay you sold your hdb and upgrade to condo leh

but now ... people will answer ... no ... i am not ... i am rebalancing my property portfolio ... wtf ... muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

As with many things in life, if you manage to buy at a low, then almost anything even a 40 year leasehold place can make money.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Tale of 2 side by side condos at Bishan.

Sky Habitat and Sky Vue.

Got this off a property agent's mailer. 

Sky Habitat is of course in the doldrums.

But surprised that a 33rd floor 3 bedder unit (1141 sq ft) at Sky Vue only managed a $100k profit (about 6% profit) after holding for 4 years?  And that's considered "massive profits" as per the mailer? 

At the same time I am hearing colleges saying that some of the more popular BTO HDBs are getting 200k to 400k profits after the 5 years MOP! 

Am I missing something here?

20201123_195529.thumb.jpg.b8c1b937b5525f959d6e5bc0d4757442.jpg

If i remember correctly, later buyers of Sky Habitat enjoyed 10% discount from developer. If without discount, the massive losses will be even higher. 

↡ Advertisement