Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The one at king's dock? 

Property at Kepple Bay area seem to have their prices stagnant over the last decade or so. 

Maybe its the fengshui. haha

So not too optimistic about that one.

image-3-non-landed-keppel-bay.jpg.b62a3c6c0cad6362af997610b2cc6dee.jpg

I think they are losing a lot of money there. 

↡ Advertisement

On 1/7/2021 at 11:13 AM, therock said:

Thanks I wonder what's the psf there?

I like the sea breeze, and I'm just curious, this one might be really expensive, but looking at how the recent launch in B Timah sold out, there may be more takers than I imagine..

To be honest, not familiar with property in general. Just keeping an eye out for potential buys.

If you ask me, I am quite partial to the condos along the Pasir Panjang / Kent Ridge stretch. Always like how they are nestled in greenery and facing the sea when I drive past. 

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

To be honest, not familiar with property in general. Just keeping an eye out for potential buys.

If you ask me, I am quite partial to the condos along the Pasir Panjang / Kent Ridge stretch. Always like how they are nestled in greenery and facing the sea when I drive past. 

Pasir Panjang?
Nice area.

MRT, hawker centre and now there's a supermarket inside Bijou condo (Hao). It's pretty comprehensive.

Sea breeze and not too crowded or noisy.

No schools but it's a very liveable place. And of course the GSW gives you growth potential.

• Praise 1

A strange phenomena where property prices are rising but vacancy rates are also rising.  I think the 4th quarter 2020 vacancy rates will be worse.

URA releases flash estimate of 4th Quarter 2020 private residential property price index

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Media-Room/Media-Releases/pr21-01

Release of 3rd Quarter 2020 real estate statistics

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Media-Room/Media-Releases/pr20-29

Looks like another amazing day at the Normanton launch...

It seems that buyers are hoping someone else will buy their homes for more a few years down the road..

Truly amazing...

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, therock said:

Looks like another amazing day at the Normanton launch...

It seems that buyers are hoping someone else will buy their homes for more a few years down the road..

Truly amazing...

bro, it’s not hope ... it’s fore sureeeeee

triple confirmed

• Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Chongster said:

is rental market very weak now?  i got one unit coming into the market soon, but agent keep telling me how weak the market is

No le

my units all , tenanted and still

got

ppl

asking when tenancy end.

Location , location, location

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

No le

my units all , tenanted and still

got

ppl

asking when tenancy end.

Location , location, location

now is landlord market la ... TAKE IT or LEAVE IT .... :D 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Chongster said:

is rental market very weak now?  i got one unit coming into the market soon, but agent keep telling me how weak the market is

Bcos the agent wants to low ball you. Not saying the mkt is good or bad now but such things are happening at any time of the year. Out of so many agents I came across, only 1 or 2 said something like "Offer is low. If you can wait, higher offer is possible." And let me make my own decision instead of pushing to close. I suggest find a good agent and stay with him/her. 

Good luck😊

Edited by Rskc

(edited)

IMO, if you need tenant right now, it's still their market as the market is still soft.

But moving ahead, the demand will return when things get better. But that end point is still a bit away, depending on travel and such.

The problem is that IMO, people are paying too much now, so much so that the rental won't cover the monthly payments..

Edited by therock
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, therock said:

IMO, if you need tenant right now, it's still their market as the market is still soft.

But moving ahead, the demand will return when things get better. But that end point is still a bit away, depending on travel and such.

The problem is that IMO, people are paying too much now, so much so that the rental won't cover the monthly payments..

Need to refinance and take advantage of lower rates

this helped me to shave off and use that to my advantage 

Hi,

I heard of a case where someone signed the OTP for a landed property and the bank loan was rejected as the bank surveyor found unauthorized alterations in the house. The buyer was then liable to pay a bank cancellation penalty of 1.5%. 

Just want to hear if you've heard or experienced similar situations? Wondering how careful I need to be or if bank surveyors are really so strict.

I spoke with my contractor and he said almost all landed houses in Singapore have some form of unauthorized alterations. If this was a common occurrence or bank was so strict, how would there be so many landed transactions. My conveyancing lawyer also said this rarely happens.

39 minutes ago, Mm63 said:

Hi,

I heard of a case where someone signed the OTP for a landed property and the bank loan was rejected as the bank surveyor found unauthorized alterations in the house. The buyer was then liable to pay a bank cancellation penalty of 1.5%. 

Just want to hear if you've heard or experienced similar situations? Wondering how careful I need to be or if bank surveyors are really so strict.

I spoke with my contractor and he said almost all landed houses in Singapore have some form of unauthorized alterations. If this was a common occurrence or bank was so strict, how would there be so many landed transactions. My conveyancing lawyer also said this rarely happens.

Banks only send people to conduct valuations, they don't survey. These are not professional engineers who look for illegal constructions unless it is so blatant like building 3 and a half storey in a 2 and a half zone. 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Mm63 said:

Hi,

Your friend probably did some rather radical changes.

Most homes as you mentioned, have some mods.. 

• Praise 1

I decided to visit the Reef launch this weekend and it's amazing.. 

Firstly kudos to them for crowd control. But even then, there is still a certain hunger... it almost feels like a Tangs sale... I can't imagine that we have so much hidden cash to spend..

The finish is very impressive, the units are a decent size and it's a true 5 min walk from the side gate to the MRT, with some shelter. 

BUT

Most of the prized units face west, so expect lots of heat and sun. 

The price starts at 21xx, but those premium units will cost far more and may exceed 3xxx.. 

There's only one tennis court.

The pool is floating on the sea. Something that you don't see everyday, but maintenance will be higher. Monthly maintenance is around $500 for a two bedder.

Is it value? Well do you have the money and what do you think rentals will be is the question.... how much can you charge in a down economy... 

But I could imagine myself sitting on the balcony enjoying the sunset with a glass of Shiraz... ah... until I woke up from my dream... oh well...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2