Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

2 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Empty land next to MRT, hdb, as long as not in main cbd. I think there would still be some in the heart of the cbd, but much less. 

next plot I foresee is at the old lakeview estate. 
anyway they want to reverse the previous policy of placing middle and lower income citizens away from the city center. 
don’t know what made them decide to allow what they consider as the riff raff citizens to be allowed back into the city area. 

They are building many new HDB in those empty land, then the surrounding those old HDB would never have a chance to get SERS, since no more empty land. Next time there will be tons of old HDB around, dont know how would they maintain all these old flats? This might become a problem in future.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
9 hours ago, 13177 said:

They are building many new HDB in those empty land, then the surrounding those old HDB would never have a chance to get SERS, since no more empty land. Next time there will be tons of old HDB around, dont know how would they maintain all these old flats? This might become a problem in future.

Wasn’t the plan mentioned a couple of years back? VERS and SERS and some upgrading?

Edited by Mkl22

I’m hoping I’ll live to see the day leases run out and see what truly happens.. will the government risk a large number of unhappy voters or will they u turn ..

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, 13177 said:

Those existing HDB blocks there even dont have this new BTOs coming up, the price also not cheap lo. But farrer park that area i not very interested, cause near to little india. 😂

If one puts aside its biasness over it being close to Little India, the Farrer Park location is 1st class in terms of convenience and being close to Orchard/downtown, much better than other locations like Bishan or Tiong Bahru with its $million + HDBs. Can reach middle of Orchard Road within 5 minutes. 

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, therock said:

I’m hoping I’ll live to see the day leases run out and see what truly happens.. will the government risk a large number of unhappy voters or will they u turn ..

Earliest lease run out would be in the 2060s and with more in the 2070s, had hoped it was the STI flats at tiong bahru, but now accorded conservation, so next would be the queenstown, bukit merah lot. 

Edited by Mkl22

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Wasn’t the plan mentioned a couple of years back? VERS and SERS and some upgrading?

Dont know how will VERS helps and the cost of upkeep old flats under VERS? Not many old flats under SERS. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

If they wait until then, then U turn might be too late due to too many old flats reaching lease run out at that time. I pity the gament who is running the policy when reach that time, as the current 3G and even 4G dont think would be around liao.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, Nav14 said:

If one puts aside its biasness over it being close to Little India, the Farrer Park location is 1st class in terms of convenience and being close to Orchard/downtown, much better than other locations like Bishan or Tiong Bahru with its $million + HDBs. Can reach middle of Orchard Road within 5 minutes. 

Actually Tiong Baru/Queenstown area go to orchard rd/downtown also not that far, can reach within 15 mins. If you say HDB area close to orchard rd/downtown, the other area not far from farrer park location which is boon keng/whampoa also very near to orchard rd/downtown. And yet you do not see they are developing that area much, esp the whampoa HDB area.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, Kopites said:

Yes loan rate going up.

Saving rate going up as well. 😁

On 3/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, Newbie26 said:

How not to Sell high and Buy higher since going to be up up up all the way 😝

On 3/19/2022 at 4:12 PM, Ho2786 said:

i am afraid property prices have peaked

its all the way down from here

Still very affordable

Singstat

https://tablebuilder.singstat.gov.sg/table/CT/17717

Median Monthly Household Income : $9,520 ($114,240 annum)

30% of the above is $2856.

25% loan tenure of 2.6% = $2,037

Average 4-room resale flat price : $528,221

Can borrow up to 85% so it's obvious home prices are still affordable.

:grin:

Many young couples already exceed $9,520 monthly, cheap cheap!

Supersonic
(edited)
1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Many young couples already exceed $9,520 monthly, cheap cheap!

$10K is the new poor? .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know

On 4/26/2022 at 8:01 AM, Nav14 said:

how about boon keng, which is just 1 stop north of farrer park.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, 13177 said:

Actually Tiong Baru/Queenstown area go to orchard rd/downtown also not that far, can reach within 15 mins. If you say HDB area close to orchard rd/downtown, the other area not far from farrer park location which is boon keng/whampoa also very near to orchard rd/downtown. And yet you do not see they are developing that area much, esp the whampoa HDB area.

i believe that a new mrt station in whampoa will transform the whole area.

Supersonic
21 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

i believe that a new mrt station in whampoa will transform the whole area.

Looks like unlikely whampoa area will have mrt, even you see the cross island line also seems to dont have. I find this area quite funny, the surrounding quite a few MRT lines and yet all bypass this area?! Lol.

But if there is really mrt in that area, balestier and whampoa area will become another prime location and the condo and hdb there will become very ex and popular.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, camrysfe said:

how about boon keng, which is just 1 stop north of farrer park.

Boon keng area due to mrt, the housing there is quite ex. And now they are building quite a few new BTOs in that area.

• Praise 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Boon keng area due to mrt, the housing there is quite ex. And now they are building quite a few new BTOs in that area.

i agree that the hdb in boon keng is quite ex. but the condo is quite affordable.
Eight riversuites in boon keng is still quite low leh.

Edited by camrysfe
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Stress test coming as interest rates go up:

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/banks-raise-fixed-rate-mortgage-loans-sora-pegged-loans-still-relatively-cheaper

But why are fixed rates going up relatively faster than Sora-pegged floating rates?

Mr Eugene Leow, senior rates strategist at DBS Bank, said that fixed rate loans are forward looking over a period of time, such as two to three years.

Hence, the rates have to take into account a more hawkish US central bank in the coming quarters.

Mr Roy Phua, head of mortgage business at Citibank Singapore, said that in a rising rate environment, fixed rate packages are higher as funding costs for the medium term (two to three years) have priced in higher future interest rates.

As for Sora, Mr Paul Wee, vice-president of fintech at property portal PropertyGuru Group, said Sora-pegged loans have not moved as much because Sora is a backwards-looking rate and is based on all the rates of past actual borrowing transactions in the interbank market.

Mr Clive Chng, associate director of mortgage broker Redbrick Mortgage Advisory, said that because banks have liquidity, they do not need to borrow from one another in the interbank market.

If nobody borrows, the Sora rates of borrowing will be lower between banks, Mr Chng said.

With fixed rates going up, but Sora-pegged rates not moving much, the gap between fixed rates and Sora-pegged rates is widening.

image.thumb.png.bb8d7bae2223c7395df0d8fec5d22066.png

• Praise 1

Supersonic

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/millennial-housing-property-election-issue-singapore

Have you seen the differences between the older and the current HDB flats?
Not only are they smaller, the taller buildings mean more people are packed into the same footprint, and the risks of noise pollution or meeting some annoying neighbor may go up exponentially..

You may also get more vertical traffic jams, more people trying to park in the lots and squeezing onto the same feeder buses to carry you to the MRT stations... 

image.png.8031c009654b5f66ae4e1db9b8c23812.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3