Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

(edited)
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Condo of the same size is looking at $1.6m and up.

Across the road highline single bed going at about 1.1 to 1.3  now.😁

During 2018 launches me and wife were there on invite. Definitely less than 1 mil for a single bed (high floor) if remembered correctly.  Who know a frog can turn into a prince. Haiz ...😓

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/owners-of-sers-flats-in-ang-mo-kio-to-get-option-of-replacement-flats-with-shorter-50-year-lease
now that there are shorter leases let’s see if those complaints stop…

My prediction? There will be few takers… those guys were probably hoping the government will give them money for a bigger unit … let’s see if I’m wrong… 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, therock said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/owners-of-sers-flats-in-ang-mo-kio-to-get-option-of-replacement-flats-with-shorter-50-year-lease

My prediction? There will be few takers… those guys were probably hoping the government will give them money for a bigger unit … let’s see if I’m wrong… 

yes agreed it makes more sense to take the full 99 lease, when selling definitely will profit more. Those takers for these shorter lease likely will be very minimal and maybe due to certain personal circumstances. 

There is another thing which is cemented with this shorter lease development…

the government will take back the flat… I suspect some owners are hoping for a reprieve or cash back when the lease ends at 99 years or 50 in this case, but it truly define it as a lease.. the term Mr Ku Swee Yong used a few years back…

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/new-rehousing-options-for-owners-of-sers-flats-starting-with-those-in-ang-mo-kio

• Praise 1

(edited)

aiya ... the resident just want 1-to-1 replacement with "cash profit" or apple-to-apple swap (similar floor, similar size, no less)

simi lease buyback or 50 years lease for new flat will not work la

resident complain ... this is not fair ... i never ask for this ... why i have to move ... HDB rule once kena SERS = compulsory

walao ehh ... life is never fair ... will he complain when HDB = $0 after 99 years that he paid $1M for it? [sly] 

if i have to move why i must accept the shortchange that i have to top up for moving to a "worse off" area than my current place (see where is this going?)

but the resident never take into consideration it's a brand NEW flat vs a laopok OLD flat

but again ... resident complain .... location location location ... who don't want a sibei old flat in AMK vs new flat in CCK ... lol

the solution to the matter is $$$ $$$ $$$ ... not what is fair or what are the options available in the system 

resident playing "not fair" knowing there are rules clearly stated in the the game ... 

even you don't know ... everyone follow the same rules ... nobody is shortchanged ...

Edited by Wt_know

2 hours ago, therock said:

There is another thing which is cemented with this shorter lease development…

the government will take back the flat… I suspect some owners are hoping for a reprieve or cash back when the lease ends at 99 years or 50 in this case, but it truly define it as a lease.. the term Mr Ku Swee Yong used a few years back…

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/new-rehousing-options-for-owners-of-sers-flats-starting-with-those-in-ang-mo-kio

I bet when some of those with 50 yr lease want to sell their flats in a few years, cannot fetch normal market prices, they will KPKB say short changed lah and will demand to be allowed to top up to 99 years again.... 

2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I bet when some of those with 50 yr lease want to sell their flats in a few years, cannot fetch normal market prices, they will KPKB say short changed lah and will demand to be allowed to top up to 99 years again.... 

Blame the government lor…

usual SOP

this will be a warning for those who are still holding out for value after the lease expires..

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

actually, my thinking is those opt for 50 years lease ... then assume the flat is like an equity

home owner = 50/99 years = 50.5%

hdb = 49/99 years = 49.5% 

all the flat should be priced at market price for resale ... so when the unit is sold ... 49.5% of the proceeds goes to HDB ... fair?

easily done and it's totally transparent to the "resale buyer" as he will buy with 99 years lease

so ... every unit is 99 years old valued and resale ... nothing change ...  all units from the SERS replacement flats treated the same as 99 years

hopefully this does not open a pandora box that HDB now start owning HDB flats as home owners ...

but with lease buyback programme ... HDB already owning flats ... LOL

Edited by Wt_know

32 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

actually, my thinking is those opt for 50 years lease ... then assume the flat is like an equity

home owner = 50/99 years = 50.5%

hdb = 49/99 years = 49.5% 

all the flat should be priced at market price for resale ... so when the unit is sold ... 49.5% of the proceeds goes to HDB ... fair?

easily done and it's totally transparent to the "resale buyer" as he will buy with 99 years lease

so ... every unit is 99 years old valued and resale ... nothing change ...  all units from the SERS replacement flats treated the same as 99 years

hopefully this does not open a pandora box that HDB now start owning HDB flats as home owners ...

but with lease buyback programme ... HDB already owning flats ... LOL

This deal is too good - free financing from HDB for 50% of the value meanwhile owners use it 100% until it is sold.

Like we co-own 50-50 pay for a car but you can't use it.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

This deal is too good - free financing from HDB for 50% of the value meanwhile owners use it 100% until it is sold.

Like we co-own 50-50 pay for a car but you can't use it.

ok la ... ah gong wont use it but after MOP sell no $1M no talk ...

ah gong also win ... the home owner is paying the mortgage of the 50 years lease to get going 

like angel investor ... i pump 1st tranche of money into a business ...

the other partner run the business + all the headache + make profit ... then i can resell the business that i own 49% ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)
20 hours ago, therock said:

:grin:

2022-07-03_113356.png

Edited by Wt_know

On 7/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, Volvobrick said:

This is why:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/five-room-hdb-flat-in-marine-parade-sold-for-101-million-in-one-week-first-million-dollar-hdb-in-the-estate

The  news of the million dollar fifty year old flats are plastered all over the papers, and they feel they should become millionaires instead of paying for the new flats..

So on one hand there are people getting rich, and on the other side, the government is telling them their lease is expiring and the flat isn't worth as much..

So here in lies the great divide.. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

This is why:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/five-room-hdb-flat-in-marine-parade-sold-for-101-million-in-one-week-first-million-dollar-hdb-in-the-estate

The  news of the million dollar fifty year old flats are plastered all over the papers, and they feel they should become millionaires instead of paying for the new flats..

So on one hand there are people getting rich, and on the other side, the government is telling them their lease is expiring and the flat isn't worth as much..

So here in lies the great divide.. 

Can't blame the sellers. If the buyers are willing to pay 1m for 50 year old HDB, that's the free market. 

It's like crypto but at least these million dollar flats have intrinsic values and can generate cash flow. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1