Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

1 hour ago, Fitmugen said:

I don’t think you can have much faith that SG is a free market when it comes to property. There is simply too much at stake for the powerful people who have a massive stake in the SG property market.

there may be a correction but to say the market will crash is way off the mark. This is not the same as 1997 or 2008. Too much liquidity looking for place to park money.

But be wary of new launches that are overpriced. Those “iconic” launches the hype will die after they are more than 5 years old, like Sky Habitat, D’Leedon, Interlace. Pearl Bank and the Midtown Bugis comes to mind in this category. I would also avoid D9, D10. Beach Road area, southern waterfront to Keppel Bay seems more promising with the port relocation and better transport linkages both in terms of roads and MRT

Yeah, sky habitat vs sky vue. Side by side, different fate.

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Showster said:

Still very strong leh. My tenant went to rent another house more atas one, I got a replacement within a week. Again higher price than previous.

Ok, if Malaysians allowed to come in and out, maybe some segments of rental may suffer.

But looking at Covid progression and how both countries are managing, you can almost be certain they will be here for the next two years.

Maybe some people are more suited to be landlords than others???

If the Malaysian workers have to live here for the next 2 years, means whole hospitality/tourism/airline up lorry liao!  How many (more) people will be out of job for good?  How are they going to pay for their mortgage?

1 hour ago, Rskc said:

Yeah, sky habitat vs sky vue. Side by side, different fate.

Sky Vue at Bishan isn't much better.

It has a multi story carpark! Would have expected the developer to provide at least basement parking. 

Lift lobbies are non airconditioned and have huge metal barred access gates leading to the lift lobbies (see below). 

Plot area is small for the number of units. So weekends get a bit cramped. 

If not for the swimming pool and security guards, would have thought Sky Vue was a DBSS.

1718532990_SkyVueLiftLobby.thumb.PNG.69eab51f147ad2da4d30db554e0423bd.PNG

6 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

If the Malaysian workers have to live here for the next 2 years, means whole hospitality/tourism/airline up lorry liao!  How many (more) people will be out of job for good?  How are they going to pay for their mortgage?

Many of them are retraining for other sectors. Even 1 year is tough, but the only alternative is to take US model. You want?

Another permutation is we open the access to other countries but restrict the free travel to Malaysia.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

It has a multi story carpark! Would have expected the developer to provide at least basement parking. 

Lift lobbies are non airconditioned and have huge metal barred access gates leading to the lift lobbies (see below). 

If not for the swimming pool and security guards, would have thought Sky Vue was a DBSS.

Huge difference in selling price to begin with...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Showster said:

Huge difference in selling price to begin with...

Hmm? Might be mistaken but I recalled being interested in Sky Vue back in early 2016.

The developer had suddenly dropped the prices of Sky Vue units by about 7%. Probably due to lack of demand. Pity the previous batch of buyers. The 3 bedder unit psf dropped from mid $15xx psf to low $14xx psf. Was tempted but the multi story car park kind of turn me off. Now whenever I happen visit that development (my relative stays there), I am glad that I didn't buy a unit there. Very cramped facilities on the weekends. Plus the non air con lift lobbies on the 1st floor. And to reach the next block, I had to walk through the 1st floor of the multi story car park. 

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/price-trim-renews-interest-existing-projects

Sky habitat on the other hand was launched at $14xx to $18xx psf back in 2012. But somehow the pricing of Sky Habitat was only $13xx psf back in 2016 when I was scouting out the area (cheaper than Sky Vue!). Guess the design is just to avant garde. 

https://stackedhomes.com/editorial/new-condos-prices-fall/#gs.jr2g8d

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/living-two-skys

5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

seriously, who are their target roberts to offload to huh? 

$1.9M for such a cui unit [confused] 

https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/23091454/for-sale-sky-habitat

$1.9 mil a bit on the high side.

Most likely hoping to attract foreign buyers looking for property investment for rental income.

Both Sky Habitat and Sky Vue have a larger proportion of tenants because they are somewhat near the Bishan MRT interchange and Junction 8.  

Good for those owners seeking rental income. 

Not so ideal for owners actually residing there. 

14 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

$1.9 mil a bit on the high side.

Most likely hoping to attract foreign buyers looking for property investment for rental income.

Both Sky Habitat and Sky Vue have a larger proportion of tenants because they are somewhat near the Bishan MRT interchange and Junction 8.  

Good for those owners seeking rental income. 

Not so ideal for owners actually residing there. 

$1.9M ... rent out at $3.2K-$3.5K .... good luck ... hehe

• Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Hmm? Might be mistaken but I recalled being interested in Sky Vue back in early 2016.

The developer had suddenly dropped the prices of Sky Vue units by about 7%. Probably due to lack of demand. Pity the previous batch of buyers. The 3 bedder unit psf dropped from mid $15xx psf to low $14xx psf. Was tempted but the multi story car park kind of turn me off. Now whenever I happen visit that development (my relative stays there), I am glad that I didn't buy a unit there. Very cramped facilities on the weekends. Plus the non air con lift lobbies on the 1st floor. And to reach the next block, I had to walk through the 1st floor of the multi story car park. 

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/price-trim-renews-interest-existing-projects

Sky habitat on the other hand was launched at $14xx to $18xx psf back in 2012. But somehow the pricing of Sky Habitat was only $13xx psf back in 2016 when I was scouting out the area (cheaper than Sky Vue!). Guess the design is just to avant garde. 

The size was quite different I think. Sky Habitat units that seemed to sell for $13xx psf was almost double in size.

• Praise 2

55 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

I was interested back in sky habitat back in 2017 then due to developer's lelong (was aiming for those reaching 5 yrs selling period) and also near the schools. I remember Sky Vue was sold out by then. Sky habitat was still lelonging. It even had balloting for lelong units.

On the aircon for 1st floor lobby - I think non aircon is ok as long as windy. Some developments have their basement carpark lobbies all fully aircon-ed but 1st floor lobbies are non aircon. Machiam welcome residents home. 

On the multi-storey carpark, ya agree it is a strikeout criteria for me unless I buy for special reason. It is like paying premium hdb with swimming pool.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The ground floor lobby no need air-con but it looks very cramped. The low ceiling makes it worse. The plot ratio of 4.9 is 1.75 times that of the surrounding estates. Unfortunately, this is the trend for new developments starting from a few years after turn of the century.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Rskc said:

I was interested back in sky habitat back in 2017 then due to developer's lelong (was aiming for those reaching 5 yrs selling period) and also near the schools. I remember Sky Vue was sold out by then. Sky habitat was still lelonging. It even had balloting for lelong units.

On the aircon for 1st floor lobby - I think non aircon is ok as long as windy. Some developments have their basement carpark lobbies all fully aircon-ed but 1st floor lobbies are non aircon. Machiam welcome residents home. 

On the multi-storey carpark, ya agree it is a strikeout criteria for me unless I buy for special reason. It is like paying premium hdb with swimming pool.

Yes non-aircon is ok for 1st floor lift lobbies but in this case the Sky Vue one really stands out. 

Vertical barred metal access gates. No direct access from the multi storey carpark (you have to use a linkway).

Anyway, as far as I know, Sky Vue has no basement lift lobbies.

Been there a few times and it tends closer to a DBSS rather than a premium condo. 

Edited by noobcarbuyer
  • Praise 1

I think it’s important to know why it sells for what it sells 

it sells on location and the fact that it’s private

Think of it like a basic Audi

its a premium marque no less, but it gives great value by giving what buyers love - branding, good engine, some luxury tactile surfaces 

but it holds back on frills and features to keep the price down. 

Otherwise it will cost as much as the adjacent condos

if it’s cheap why not? Great location 👍 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Enye said:

ah gong just tightened the foreign worker quota

as a result my boss sending back 1 s pass worker who is currently renting an atas condo, by year end liao

you think the rental market still strong going forward?

😬

No need rental, all hot money coming in  pay full cash. Empty units also no problem. :D

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, therock said:

I think it’s important to know why it sells for what it sells 

it sells on location and the fact that it’s private

Think of it like a basic Audi

its a premium marque no less, but it gives great value by giving what buyers love - branding, good engine, some luxury tactile surfaces 

but it holds back on frills and features to keep the price down. 

Otherwise it will cost as much as the adjacent condos

if it’s cheap why not? Great location 👍 

I guess for noobcarbuyer bro, the good engine may not be even there to begin with. 😁

Actually I quite like Sky Vue when I last looked at it externally. Just that I did not have the chance then to go in as there wasn't anymore unit for sale then. Didn't know they have a multistorey carpark instead of underground carpark. 😌

• Haha! 1

9 hours ago, Yeshe said:

No need rental, all hot money coming in  pay full cash. Empty units also no problem. :D

Er..... property huat ah, wan sui wan sui😂😄

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement