Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

Turbocharged
On 12/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, Throttle2 said:

No leh, the propertygurus here say rental up up up, more more more.  

Easy to cover mortgage, leh.....

😅

Vacancy rate up so what? Alot of hot $$ coming into sg buy property with full cash and can afford to leave it vacant. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

Vacancy rate up so what? Alot of hot $$ coming into sg buy property with full cash and can afford to leave it vacant. 

More like the bulk of it are the over leveraged ones who cannot afford to leave it vacant is the real picture🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Ginyu said:

Had a chat with the better off, He was displeased with average citizens profitering from hdb , these are subsidized properties whereby the better off paid so much tax indirectly for these subsidized properties so it’s affordable so that more can have a roof over their head. they welcome the recent move to prevent it from moving away the sole purpose of hdb, affordable home🤣

This is progressive taxation. I see nothing wrong with redistribution of wealth. Whether it is right or not, it is subjective. I believe govt should make public housing affordable to the masses but do not support any intervention of hdb resales prices. Let the market decide the right price. If there is a goondu who wants to buy at 1m, who are we to say he is stupid? It is a chance for the masses (seller) to climb up the property ladder. I have seen over the decades that many of my friends who grew up in hdb to be able to now stay in condo. I am very very happy for them. It is pride and also a morale booster for them. 🙂

I pay taxes too and also kpkb at times. But I generally choose to see it as a redistribution of wealth to help general public. And yes, please tax the ultra rich a bit more. It is a fact that the rich likes to come here due to low tax rates. 😁

Edited by Rskc

20 hours ago, Ginyu said:

why even need  to sell? cant one just continue to stay in the hdb and enjoy the subsidized price haha

that's what I'm doing. continue to stay till retirement. The rest of the funds goes to CPF to generate interest. 

I don’t see the tax situation as problematic.

Main thing is whether those who benefit from HDB plows back their worth into the economy when they benefit.

All signs point to them doing so (through work especially).

As for not deferring my mortgage, I see it as a means to limit the size of my equity holdings which are high risk, high gains and high loss.

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, therock said:

Good long term outlook?

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/property-markets-state-of-play

the incessant rise in prices is amazing...

The reasons I have explained before are all here except one that I have repeated many times.

Long term target is 1-3% annual growth in prices. As long as we bear that in mind, we will make the right decision for us.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, Showster said:

The reasons I have explained before are all here except one that I have repeated many times.

Long term target is 1-3% annual growth in prices. As long as we bear that in mind, we will make the right decision for us.

yes ... 

land cost up ...

development and logistic cost up

labour cost up

taxes up

buyers salary up ... if your salary no up ... too bad ... you chances have been taken by others or can only afford smaller and smaller and smaller unit size

up up and away .... chasing HK ... 

it's IMPOSSIBLE to "control" 1-3% annual growth for property price ...

even a black swan pandemic event that halt the whole world ... property price still cheong 1-3%

normalcy ... 3-5% .... cheong period ... smelly smelly > 5-8%

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, therock said:

Good long term outlook?

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/property-markets-state-of-play

the incessant rise in prices is amazing...

Am I reading this wrong?  An article written by a property agent in December with an optimistic outlook based on a Q3 rebound in sales from pandemic conditions, completely ignoring the September curb on reissue of options specifically meant to deter developers and agents from pumping up sale figures....  Isn't there sufficient data to tell the impact of these curbs?  It seems like a major omission.

Ours to speculate....

Edited by Nostalgia

7 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Am I reading this wrong?  An article written by a property agent in December with an optimistic outlook based on a Q3 rebound in sales from pandemic conditions, completely ignoring the September curb on reissue of options specifically meant to deter developers and agents from pumping up sale figures....  Isn't there sufficient data to tell the impact of these curbs?  It seems like a major omission.

Ours to speculate....

Any report written by property firm or agent will always be BUY BUY BUY.

She says price up, people call her out for being part of a property agency. 

When she said prices would fall 3-5% back in june this year, no one noticed? What do you say about that?

"Christine Sun, head of research and consultancy at OrangeTee & Tie, predicts the home prices to decline by three to five percent and expects some market segments to perform better than others."

Go Google. She did share reasons for a turnaround from their initial predictions.

10 hours ago, Nostalgia said:

Ours to speculate....

Yes always , ours to speculate.   

Same with all the equity and market reports.  One time say buy, wrong already say sell, wrong again say hold, then say buy some while selling others and holding too.   

Muayhahahahaha.   

Huat ah!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, Invigorated said:

She says price up, people call her out for being part of a property agency. 

When she said prices would fall 3-5% back in june this year, no one noticed? What do you say about that?

"Christine Sun, head of research and consultancy at OrangeTee & Tie, predicts the home prices to decline by three to five percent and expects some market segments to perform better than others."

Go Google. She did share reasons for a turnaround from their initial predictions.

She got it wrong in June. Hope she does that again. 🙂

On 12/7/2020 at 7:35 PM, Throttle2 said:

Yes always , ours to speculate.   

Same with all the equity and market reports.  One time say buy, wrong already say sell, wrong again say hold, then say buy some while selling others and holding too.   

Muayhahahahaha.   

Huat ah!

Thats why, newbies like me always get confused

Feels that opinions change with time and circumstances 

So always land up on the losing end

remembered for example, singtel, every house and recommendation, buy buy buy, target price 3.50, 3.80 etc etc 

Now becomes sell, hold etc and alamak, target becomes 2.5, 2.80 etc

newbies suffer the most 😪

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2