Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

10 minutes ago, Khng8 said:

Location, price, potential: What Proptech CEO looks out for when investing in real estate
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/invest/me-my-property-proptech-ceo-puts-her-faith-in-real-estate-investments

Likewise I am guessing the CEO of BMW will not be caught dead driving a Mercedes either.  And guess where the CEO of SGX will reportedly put his faith in?  For for that matter, where will all the CEOs of any decent company put their faith in?  Muayhahahahah

Edited by Throttle2

1 hour ago, F10_Blackhawk said:

I wouldn’t touch this development.....or any development built by kingsford....even if I can make good money.....personally I wouldn’t dare to stay in it and therefore I wouldn’t dare to rent it out.  What about you guys?

https://www.99.co/blog/singapore/ura-issue-kingsford-huray-sale-licence-normanton-park/

I won't touch it either unless it is really cheap and I am retired so I can be damn free to resolve all the issues.

URA should not have granted them the sales license. Wait till everything is completed and inspected/approved. Buyer can then view the unit and see the quality before buying.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:36 PM, Throttle2 said:

Likewise I am guessing the CEO of BMW will not be caught dead driving a Mercedes either.  And guess where the CEO of SGX will reportedly put his faith in?  For for that matter, where will all the CEOs of any decent company put their faith in?  Muayhahahahah

They will all have at least 1 magnificent house to begin with.

• Praise 1

wah ... doc ... mai ai ni kuah leh ... lol

raise taxes and remove reliefs ... how can ... or how dare you ... lol

2021-01-01_131940.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

2021-01-01_131940.jpg

Ok lah, now there will be a whole new precinct of supply spanning the ex-JCC.

Govt will be able to stay ahead of the curve in terms of supply of land.

But all other costs, 自己保重。It will be equally painful to everyone...

• Praise 1

On 1/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, Wt_know said:

2021-01-01_131940.jpg

Song lah.  

On 1/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Volvobrick said:

Who needs to buy property when one can rent without paying one place after another? 

Time to rent a GCB or penthouse! 

Wooohooo yeah

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/spore-private-home-prices-rise-21-in-q4-fastest-pace-since-cooling-measures-ura

Singapore private home prices rise 2.1% in Q4, fastest pace since mid-2018

SINGAPORE - Prices of private homes in Singapore rose for a third consecutive quarter, defying the Covid-19 pandemic and a recession.

The overall price index for private residential properties climbed 2.1 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2020, faster than the 0.8 per cent increase in the third quarter, according to flash estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) on Monday (Jan 4).

This is the steepest quarterly increase since the second quarter of 2018 when private home prices rose by 3.4 per cent before property cooling measures hit in July that year.

online-210104_private-residential-resale-hyrie.jpg.1bf4401de247ca009b9c5bde17615356.jpg

I'm still amazed by the amount of spare cash / holdings that SGreans have..

On another front, anyone looking at the Reef next Vivo City?

• Praise 2

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/hdb-resale-prices-up-29-in-q4-biggest-quarterly-rise-in-9-years-flash-data

HDB resale prices up 2.9% in Q4; biggest quarterly rise in 9 years: Flash data

SINGAPORE - The Housing Board (HDB) resale market remained strong despite macroeconomic uncertainties caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and an increasing supply of flats.

HDB resale prices rose 2.9 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2020 cent from the previous three months, according to the latest HDB flash estimates released on Monday (Jan 4).

It is the third consecutive quarter of increase and the biggest quarterly increase in over nine years, where the last high recorded was the third quarter of 2011 when HDB resale prices climbed 3.8 per cent over three months.

A record 72 HDB resale flats were sold for over $1 million in the first 11 months of 2020. It exceeded the previous full-year record of 71 units transacted in 2018 and 64 units in 2019.

This include a HDB resale flat at Pinnacle @ Duxton that was sold for a record price of $1.258 million in September last year.

Ms Sun expects the prices of HDB resale flats to rise another 2 to 5 per cent this year as the Singapore economy gradually recovers in the second half of 2021.

online-210104_hdb-resale-hyrie.jpg.82bca22f0f9bf6845b46ff8a9c81e531.jpg

image.png.1eca3894610ad6cf06647e1ce52a31e0.png.c6f75cd83656cf0554bcbabfbef16d87.png

13 minutes ago, therock said:

The one at king's dock? 

Property at Kepple Bay area seem to have their prices stagnant over the last decade or so. 

Maybe its the fengshui. haha

So not too optimistic about that one.

image-3-non-landed-keppel-bay.jpg.b62a3c6c0cad6362af997610b2cc6dee.jpg

26 minutes ago, therock said:

My wife has a fren...had lunch with mummy...decided to go to one new launch show flat walk walk...detoured to one just relaunched with 2 years TOP in sight back then, signed on the spot and skipped the intended destination and went home to share the news with the rest of the family. 

Could easily full cash for it but decided to capitalise on the low rate...lease out as rental unit to collect meagre passive income. 

The size was just slightly larger than my living room but the price was almost double my entire HDB flat 🤪

I think there are enough such cash rich single or DINK plus immigrants to support mass market mickey mouse apartments...not forgetting those kena brain washed by prop gurus...😅

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The one at king's dock? 

Property at Kepple Bay area seem to have their prices stagnant over the last decade or so. 

Maybe its the fengshui. haha

So not too optimistic about that one.

image-3-non-landed-keppel-bay.jpg.b62a3c6c0cad6362af997610b2cc6dee.jpg

Thanks I wonder what's the psf there?

I like the sea breeze, and I'm just curious, this one might be really expensive, but looking at how the recent launch in B Timah sold out, there may be more takers than I imagine..

↡ Advertisement