Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

The sentence in bold is very true.

I used to fly Hong Kong for work and I can tell you property there is crazy. The sentiment on the ground is many times worse than what is reported.

the funny thing is property bulls will use hongkong as an example of how Singapore can go up somemore....

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

The sentence in bold is very true.

I used to fly Hong Kong for work and I can tell you property there is crazy. The sentiment on the ground is many times worse than what is reported.

The Govt must allow people to fail and learn in the process.  Just like a Parent, sometimes we know that our kid is doing something the wrong way and we may to too quick to spoonfeed them by immediately teaching the right way.  Let them discover when they hv done it wrongly and the better way to do it.  Let people fail when they should, let them learn a true lesson.  Let people rejoice when they succeed, let them reap their fruits of labor. 

Todays Singapore is spoonfed. No thanks to how it has been run.

Our previous generations tasted success as well as great failures, they dont just stretch out their hands and ask for help.  Today, dont care whether success or failure, just stretch out and demand.  Thats the way.  Dont believe me, ask around. Go do a video like iQuadrant, roam the hdb areas.   😁😎

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

the funny thing is property bulls will use hongkong as an example of how Singapore can go up somemore....

In their favor, as you know.  

Unscrupulous People will always use whatever is in their favor to get what they want.

HongKong is very very different from singapore in a multitude of aspects including political and ethnicity and history and economics.

if Singapore becomes like Hong Kong, we will be super f**ked. .....

4 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

The Govt must allow people to fail and learn in the process.  Just like a Parent, sometimes we know that our kid is doing something the wrong way and we may to too quick to spoonfeed them by immediately teaching the right way.  Let them discover when they hv done it wrongly and the better way to do it.  Let people fail when they should, let them learn a true lesson.  Let people rejoice when they succeed, let them reap their fruits of labor. 

Todays Singapore is spoonfed. No thanks to how it has been run.

Our previous generations tasted success as well as great failures, they dont just stretch out their hands and ask for help.  Today, dont care whether success or failure, just stretch out and demand.  Thats the way.  Dont believe me, ask around. Go do a video like iQuadrant, roam the hdb areas.

HongKong is very very different from singapore in a multitude of aspects including political and ethnicity and history and economics.

if Singapore becomes like Hong Kong, we will be super f**ked. .....

Hong Kong used to be similar but over the past decade Singapore has slowly created it's own branding; China has a say in Hong Kong and that furthers differentiate us.

Why I brought Hong Kong up is because history is a good teacher and Singapore does not want to follow it's footsteps especially in properties.

The trend is real but one significant difference is our government. Like you said, if all those spoon feeding support is gone, Singapore is f**ked.

The worrying part is not just a large portion of Singaporean's $$ is in properties but also people believing the spoon feeding support will always be there.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Hong Kong used to be similar but over the past decade Singapore has slowly created it's own branding; China has a say in Hong Kong and that furthers differentiate us.

Why I brought Hong Kong up is because history is a good teacher and Singapore does not want to follow it's footsteps especially in properties.

The trend is real but one significant difference is our government. Like you said, if all those spoon feeding support is gone, Singapore is f**ked.

The worrying part is not just a large portion of Singaporean's $$ is in properties but also people believing the spoon feeding support will always be there.

if read LKY memoir ..... singaporean $$ in properties = bao jiak ... all kwai kwai deeply rooted and certainly don't want to rock the boat

the 2 x P ... property and politic has strong "relation" ... [sly]  [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know

15 hours ago, Wt_know said:

scenario 5, screw up due to highly leverage (i think is minority with TDSR, MSR, LTV, etc put in place)

Bro, I see forumers here always say other people over leverage to buy property, etc, etc

But with ABSD, LTV, TDSR....how  can you over-leverage?

I ask agents, bankers, they tell me cannot be done.

30 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro, I see forumers here always say other people over leverage to buy property, etc, etc

But with ABSD, LTV, TDSR....how  can you over-leverage?

I ask agents, bankers, they tell me cannot be done.

look at this link ... how $5K salary can take $900K loan

there are other way like co-invest, i pump in money, you pump in little and take loan = $0 to little downpayment

let's not post any youtube guru exposed video here and you can check out all the guru video how to "own multiple properties" in youtube

in another youtube video, you can find a "good" valuer to raise the valuation of a property and LTV is raised to take more loan ... aka like car price jack up to give OT

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

The propping up actually embolden risky behaviour. One will be encouraged to buy as though property returns is now low, it is justifiable because price at worst will be maintained. 

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

Exactly what spoon feeding support has Singapore government done for the property market? 
I thought most government policies in recent times is to cool down property sector.

The government don’t even control the biggest factor I feel which is interest rate.

40 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

there are other way like co-invest, i pump in money, you pump in little and take loan = $0 to little downpayment

let's not post any youtube guru exposed video here and you can check out all the guru video how to "own multiple properties" in youtube

in another youtube video, you can find a "good" valuer to raise the valuation of a property and LTV is raised to take more loan ... aka like car price jack up to give OT

Why need to go through the hassle? If really cannot afford , go buy a resale or bto flat. No need to stretch so tight financially. 

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Bro...I mean legit way of buying property la.......

Not all these "courses"  push by internet marketeers la... or what fake "valuer". 

Edited by Starry

35 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Exactly what spoon feeding support has Singapore government done for the property market? 
I thought most government policies in recent times is to cool down property sector.

The government don’t even control the biggest factor I feel which is interest rate.

Wait .....

you really dont know or you just joking? 

The whole bloody covid budget is spoonfeeding support. Deferment of instalments.  Etc...

spoonfeeding and support by putting in place too many measures to prevent failure.  TDSR itself is spoonfeeding support.  

The property market cools down on it own when people get f**ked.  What they have done is created social problems. Eg. Decoupling of properties, buying properties on single names to go around ABSD

nevermind, this reminds me of why i always end up getting flabbergasted talking to you.  

We are exactly like Digital Quartz watch and Vintage Rolex

suahk.......    

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

Now we have idiots who think that TDSR is plain magic. As long as meet TDSR means confirm no problem, confirm sure win, confrim life is a bed of roses.  Confirm liao, becos Govt look at TDSR.  See the reliance of this group of people?  Terrible....

How crazily naive can Singaporeans be?  I super face palm liao.....

and if the next generation becomes even more reliant, we are truly truly f**ked becos this generation of leaders is surely by no means as solid than the previous .   Pai tee kong liao. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🥺🥺🥺🥺😩😩😩😩😩😫😫😫😫😫😞😞😞😞

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Starry said:

Bro...I mean legit way of buying property la.......

Not all these "courses"  push by internet marketeers la... or what fake "valuer". 

set up company to buy = legit

co-invest = legit

high valuation = legit

*withdraw cash upfront using credit card = legit

these are all “legit” ways to over-leverage

if one did not need to over-leverage, then no need to find out

Edited by Wt_know

52 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Why need to go through the hassle? If really cannot afford , go buy a resale or bto flat. No need to stretch so tight financially. 

not buying for stay la ... 

the million dollar question is how to stretchhhhhhhhhh to buy properties not 1 not 2 but multiple properties so that one can build multi million portfolio by age 33 leh ... what do you think?

no risk, no gain

high risk, high gain

nothing wrong but when one fck up 

better dont kaypoh ... 

Edited by Wt_know

48 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wait .....

you really dont know or you just joking? 

The whole bloody covid budget is spoonfeeding support. Deferment of instalments.  Etc...

spoonfeeding and support by putting in place too many measures to prevent failure.  TDSR itself is spoonfeeding support.  

The property market cools down on it own when people get f**ked.  What they have done is created social problems. Eg. Decoupling of properties, buying properties on single names to go around ABSD

nevermind, this reminds me of why i always end up getting flabbergasted talking to you.  

We are exactly like Digital Quartz watch and Vintage Rolex

suahk.......    

Relax lah.. don't get too agitated. 

Covid budget is not targeted at property. I am sure it is not the intention of the government to prop up the property market.

TDSR is definitely not supporting the property market. ABSD also not supporting the market. 

The only thing that is outright property related support is the deferment of housing instalments which I am not sure if it is a big thing.

My point is that the biggest support for today's property market is the interest rate, which unfortunately the government does not control directly. If they are trying to prop up the market, the first thing will be to unroll all the cooling measures which they did not. It means the market is still pretty warm (low interest rates)

G will never touch the cooling measures, since it is now 10/11 th times since implementation, why should G tweak or partially reduced rates to steer property market, I don't see any benefits for them. One thing for sure G may remove the old ERP gantry for the new satellite based ERP, it's 1-1 exchange.

Sp is not in a dire state condition whereby property market attract every single one of us, be it buying own stay or purely 2nd home for rental returns or investment portfolios, if so they would have done the honour of getting rid of the C.M to stabilise the local market.

To be honest, SG already factored in all the taxes to finance the Pioneer, Merdeka generation packages. Even if not direct, it’s going to be indirect financing. Not to mention the Covid measures.

The collection cannot be allowed to fall significantly. If the sale volume drops, tax per transaction is expected to increase even more, which means either higher tax rate or transaction value (price) will increase.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2