Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

50 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I have sms every few days of new launch info...seeking unit for rental ....

So good or bad?

Same agents selling the apts and also seeking units to rent? hmm...

↡ Advertisement

22 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Different agents. I should set pdpa. Hahaha

8 hours ago, Kopites said:

I have sms every few days of new launch info...seeking unit for rental ....

So good or bad?

IMHO.
Eh... this one also my another indicator - my simple view is that it is bad. 
Just to clarify,  I am unlikely to be in an SMS list where I will be updated on a regular basis of new launches.
I am on onus that in general,  if the thing is good, it will sell itself and benefit those who are actively seeking for it - not people like me, doing nothing. 

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

IMHO. 
Erm... main dish and side dish.

E.g.
Let's say a HDB upgrading to Condo.
HDB will depreciate due to age.
Condo will appreciate due to "robust property market".
So HDB must be sold and Condo must be bought.
Interim,  need to live somewhere - so rental lor. 

Aiyah, this type of things very complicated.
Last time I ask my colleagues if HDB will drop price or not  - i was very assured won't. 
I bought my place for about 25k or 30k less. 

• Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Eh... this one also my another indicator - my simple view is that it is bad. 
Just to clarify,  I am unlikely to be in an SMS list where I will be updated on a regular basis of new launches.
I am on onus that in general,  if the thing is good, it will sell itself and benefit those who are actively seeking for it - not people like me, doing nothing. 

I used to think of it the way u do too when I was young but I guess this isn't exactly correct. Advertising is part n parcel of sales and if u do see these SMSes or flyers more, it may just boil down to more newer agents or easier access to such advertising methods.

Even popular cars like Toyota, Mercs etc send out mass emails and marketing materials, go on papers and run promos so it doesn't mean they are doing badly right? A popular petrol station also sends out free coupons to get a bigger clientele base. Does it mean spc is worse than shell? A better indicator would be the housing price indexes. It's dangerous to see what one only prefers to see though.

• Praise 2

copy & paste from propertyguru loan calculator

$1M investment property, take $750K loan, 20 years loan tenure assuming 45 yrs age + 20 years loan (max at 65?)

the monthly mortgage is around $3.5K

with taxes and expenses, how to have "positive rental income"? [confused] 

buy full cash or downpayment at least $0.5M?

F72A8FCF-5EE2-4D32-832C-19687C6512F3.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

6 hours ago, tolgaduver said:

Hi i need BTPC10A366A.V02.24.01-20200715 firmware file for manuel update my sda 835 tab, can anyone share with me?

This topic will still turn toxic.  Most of them here are staying in  flats.  Many cannot even afford private property even they work till retirement . So that's where the  toxic ness comes from   . Anyway hope to see a good discussion in your new topic. 

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Invigorated said:

I used to think of it the way u do too when I was young but I guess this isn't exactly correct. Advertising is part n parcel of sales and if u do see these SMSes or flyers more, it may just boil down to more newer agents or easier access to such advertising methods.

Even popular cars like Toyota, Mercs etc send out mass emails and marketing materials, go on papers and run promos so it doesn't mean they are doing badly right? A popular petrol station also sends out free coupons to get a bigger clientele base. Does it mean spc is worse than shell? A better indicator would be the housing price indexes. It's dangerous to see what one only prefers to see though.

IMHO.
The SMSes I don't know.
The flyers are unlikely as they advertise themselves as like best, top, etc and also the list of transactions.
For these SMSes and flyers, it is not like they are regularly done.  They only appear at specific times.

Another one of my indicator is every time someone from the property industry appears in newspaper to say that the property market is "good",  I take it as it can be "not so good" or "not really good" - because so far I have not come across someone say the property market is bad.  Maybe I never read a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
The SMSes I don't know.
The flyers are unlikely as they advertise themselves as like best, top, etc and also the list of transactions.
For these SMSes and flyers, it is not like they are regularly done.  They only appear at specific times.

Another one of my indicator is every time someone from the property industry appears in newspaper to say that the property market is "good",  I take it as it can be "not so good" or "not really good" - because so far I have not come across someone say the property market is bad.  Maybe I never read a lot. 

IMHO,

the property market is "good" at least steady

many expected crash due to covid which is more serious than sars more serious than lehman 

both sars and lehman never cause the whole world to shutdown

but property new launch and resale data shows otherwise and even creeping up

demand supply play a big part just like coe (crash during sars and lehman)

with limited supply ... moderate demand can sapu all the supply liao

besides sars (2003), lehman (2009), 11-17 years ago

today, there are more "richies" in the market ... and super duper low interest makes it a lot simpler

Edited by Wt_know

3 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

IMHO,

the property market is "good" at least steady

many expected crash due to covid which is more serious than sars more serious than lehman 

both sars and lehman never cause the whole world to shutdown

but property resale data shows otherwise and even creeping up

demand supply play a big part just like coe (crash during sars and lehman)

with limited supply ... moderate demand can sapu all the supply liao

IMHO.
Steady is good.
So far I have not read anything (or maybe missed)  the number of loan defaulters.
IIRC,  one of the covid-19 measures was to delay the repayment of loans.
Thus,  does the data reflect the actual situation we are in ?  I don't know.
That's one thing I like about HDB,  if bankrupt,  still have a place to stay. 
Other private, I think if default payment,  the lender take back and sell. 

P.S.   Usually is to use data to make things look good ?   I have seen data being used to make things look not so good - in politics.  Actual or not, I don't know. 

That’s why job support schemes were introduced in many countries this time. When people keep their jobs, & the G allowing borrowers to defer mortgage easily, there will be stability in the market.

• Praise 1

19 minutes ago, Khng8 said:

That’s why job support schemes were introduced in many countries this time. When people keep their jobs, & the G allowing borrowers to defer mortgage easily, there will be stability in the market.

yes ...

it’s govt duty and interest to hold the market as long as possible ... like slowly slowly taper off ... kicking the cans down the road ... $100B pump into the market (how many years to save $100B?)

which G can handle cold turkey unless it is unmanageable ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

27 minutes ago, therock said:

If we can keep our jobs, there shouldn't be that big crash... if job losses mount....

IMHO.
I do my part by spending a bit more money selectively in the hope that other people will have a chance to keep their job.

It is just like why sometimes I buy upgrades to software that, in a way,  I don't really need.  I support the company in the hope that they stay in business so that their competitors can continuously innovate.   Which is also why I buy Samsung - also because somehow, easy to use for a simple person like me. 🤣

P.S.  Dec 2020 is a crucial time.  It is my belief that the 13th month and year end bonus is important to many people for crucial payments.  
P.S.  Unfortunately,  property cost too much for me to help. 

Edited by Kklee

If you want to know how we are doing, don't just look at the condo showrooms. 

See the crowds at the car showrooms, the fine dining places and also the stock market.

If the crowds thin out at these place, you better get your powder ready...

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, therock said:

If you want to know how we are doing, don't just look at the condo showrooms. 

See the crowds at the car showrooms, the fine dining places and also the stock market.

If the crowds thin out at these place, you better get your powder ready...

and it’s not ... i can tell you

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

and it’s not ... i can tell you

Yep, look at the enthusiasm for the business class meals in the SIA promotion.

I'm glad actually. Because it means we are helping SIA...  

I think many here won't mind taking one of those lovely ladies out for a meal too to help them... or two.... 😉 

• Praise 1