Singapore Property Scene Discussion

therock

(edited)

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/private-home-prices-jumped-5-per-cent-in-q4-last-year-the-most-since-2010

Prices of landed property climbed 3.7 per cent in the fourth quarter, compared with a 2.6 per cent rise in the previous quarter, the URA data showed. Thanks to a thriving good class bungalow (GCB) market, landed property prices jumped 13.1 per cent in 2021 - their best year since 2010, when prices surged 30.8 per cent.

The robust landed market was fuelled by "wealth creation from the technology and biomedical sectors, and gains in the stock and crypto markets last year", Mr Wong Xian Yang, head of research for Singapore at Cushman & Wakefield, said.

The city fringe, or the rest of central region, led the non-landed sub-markets with a 7.3 per cent jump, compared with a 2.6 per cent gain in the previous quarter. This was due mainly to the launch in November of the 696-unit CanningHill Piers, which sold 582 units at a median price of $2,886 psf, analysts say.

In the suburbs, or outside central region, non-landed home prices jumped 5.4 per cent following a 0.1 per cent dip in the previous quarter. This segment is driven largely by HDB upgraders who have benefited from a buoyant HDB resale market, said Mr Ong Teck Hui, senior director of research and consultancy at JLL.

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This morning on News 93.8 they were talking about shares per unit in a condo. The larger the unit, the more shares given, but if it's a duplex? So do they count the floor area or built up area?

• Praise 1

On 1/15/2022 at 5:01 PM, therock said:

This morning on News 93.8 they were talking about shares per unit in a condo. The larger the unit, the more shares given, but if it's a duplex? So do they count the floor area or built up area?

They might be taking reference from residential share value, which is the proportionate entitlement assigned to each strata unit within the development.

HJvomVEl.jpg

buy condo ... downgrade to hdb .... 6 years with 3.8% ROI nia? worst than Areit or MLT yield? 

will this guy kena whack by property agent if saw him lim kopi at kopitiam?

the comments are damn solid ... lol

2022-02-15_152448.png

2022-02-15_152522.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

buy condo ... downgrade to hdb .... 6 years with 3.8% ROI nia? worst than Areit or MLT yield? 

will this guy kena whack by property agent if saw him lim kopi at kopitiam?

the comments are damn solid ... lol

2022-02-15_152448.png

2022-02-15_152522.png

He is my stock market sifu leh! hhahahah. I watch his youtube for inspiration one. hahahahahahahaah 😂

• Haha! 1

lai liao ... RENTAL for non-occupied will skyrocket ... huat ah!

sheep fur grow on sheep ... [sly] 

2022-02-19_210732.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

More people coming back, more delays in building are probably more important reasons for any rental increase, good for property owners...

• Praise 3

I thought it works both ways?

If borders are opened, more people can also leave & more construction workers can come in to alleviate the labour shortage to speed up construction?

PS - Just offering a different perspective & appreciate anyone who has the real figures of inflow & outflow to contribute.

13 hours ago, Wt_know said:

lai liao ... RENTAL for non-occupied will skyrocket ... huat ah!

sheep fur grow on sheep ... [sly] 

2022-02-19_210732.png

It is “羊毛出在狗身上,猪来买单”。It will become pass-it-on cost, probably also the same for GST. 

• Praise 1

this has been discussed until cows come home 

these so called Merdeka generation ... said no $$ to buy chai peng

but then find out ... the "private property" they are staying market value smelly smelly $2M++ a pop .... :grin:

2022-02-22_220221.png

compare to a young family working their ass off now to pay their pigeon hole HDB $500K with 30 years mortgage on their shoulder

whose life is better? [sly] 

everyone also want to have the cake and eat it too ... [laugh] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, therock said:

Private property owners not happy with being left out of the budget... hmmm

If they bought something years back, I would imagine they will be sitting on at least 100% profit? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-retirees-living-in-private-properties-largely-left-out-in-budget-2022

Everyone expects this group wanting to have the cake and eat it. Every budget announcement always like that..... 

• Praise 1

https://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/gallery/5-property-investment-trends-that-have-changed-this-year

"

Cash-flow positive properties are less of an expectation

In the property heydays of 2012 to 2013, it was more common for investors to seek out cash-flow positive properties.

That is, investors expected that they would still have rental income left over, once they’d covered the home loan repayments and maintenance fees.

Such situations are far less common in recent years:

Across the board, the average rental rate for a condo in 2022 is about $3.65 PSF. This is down by more than 10 per cent from a decade ago when landlords could expect around $3.90 PSF.

Do keep in mind that this is even with recent rental rates at a six-year high.

This isn’t to say you can’t find cash-flow positive properties; they’re definitely still out there.

It’s just that such finds are rare these days; most investors now see rental income as just a way to hopefully cover mortgage interest and maintenance fees, rather than expecting it to cover the entire home loan repayment, plus more.

As such, you may find that the latest property investment strategies tend to emphasise resale gains over rental."

As always, check that that property is truly an investment and not a liability.. if it can't even beat the CPF return of 2.5%, then it may not be worth it..

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Wt_know said:

this has been discussed until cows come home 

these so called Merdeka generation ... said no $$ to buy chai peng

but then find out ... the "private property" they are staying market value smelly smelly $2M++ a pop .... :grin:

2022-02-22_220221.png

compare to a young family working their ass off now to pay their pigeon hole HDB $500K with 30 years mortgage on their shoulder

whose life is better? [sly] 

everyone also want to have the cake and eat it too ... [laugh] 

How i read it is . . .

Pioneer and Merdeka generation retirees who have jiak ho chu or si leng chu (private condo), no money from the govt ah. You want money, you sell your house. downgrade, then we give you money.

I wanna earn from tax from the property agent, property tax, and also loan from the new buyers.

Go sell so I can give out CDC vouchers!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

How i read it is . . .

Pioneer and Merdeka generation retirees who have jiak ho chu or si leng chu (private condo), no money from the govt ah. You want money, you sell your house. downgrade, then we give you money.

I wanna earn from tax from the property agent, property tax, and also loan from the new buyers.

Go sell so I can give out CDC vouchers!

who dare to move my swiss cheese .... no one .... no one .... [mad] .... :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1