Don't dare bribe in sg but go msia bribe orbigood

StreetFight3r

https://mustsharenews.com/singaporean-bribe-quarantine/

Singaporean Company Director Entering Malaysia Under RGL Arrested After Trying To Bribe Officers

Malaysia is currently grappling with a third wave of Covid-19 cases since the start of Oct. Daily new cases have set a new record high, from over 800 to yesterday’s staggering 1,228 total.

Given the gravity of the crisis, health and security measures have to be strictly enforced to keep the virus under control.

This rule, however, was seemingly lost on a 43-year-old Singaporean entering Malaysia recently. He offered a S$33 (RM100) bribe to Malaysian officers in hopes of skipping quarantine.

According to Malaysian English daily New Straits Times, the 43-year-old Singaporean company director was entering Malaysia yesterday (24 Oct) under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) arrangement.

Under this scheme, essential business and official travellers can travel between Malaysia and Singapore.

The Singaporean, however, wanted to skip quarantine. He offered a Johor immigration officer a S$33 (RM100) bribe instead.

At 3.50pm the same day, he was then arrested at the Johor Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) office. He will be remanded for 5 days.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Not so good if Malaysia (or any other country) decides to terminate their RGL agreement with Singapore, all because of this goondu!

A company director on official business, bribing a uniformed immigration officer, right in the middle of a pandemic surge, wtf...

3 hours ago, Jellandross said:

Serve him right. Being a ngiao chee only give Rm100 is a crime. Throw SG face.

Yalor. Last time caught speeding, that was the market rate. This one serious immigration thing, must be at least ten times higher. 😂😂😂

(All joking aside, this sort of thing shouldn't be condoned. Corruptly trying to subvert immigration law during a global pandemic is in a different league of awfulness to throwing a few RM at corrupt cops pulling one over for speeding).

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
12 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Yalor. Last time caught speeding, that was the market rate. This one serious immigration thing, must be at least ten times higher. 😂😂😂

(All joking aside, this sort of thing shouldn't be condoned. Corruptly trying to subvert immigration law during a global pandemic is in a different league of awfulness to throwing a few RM at corrupt cops pulling one over for speeding).

Don't spoil marlet lah. Used to be RM10 per mata, then Singaporeans bumped up to RM50. RM is 5-star standard 🙂

Supercharged
18 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Singaporean Company Director Entering Malaysia Under RGL Arrested After Trying To Bribe Officers

Malaysia is currently grappling with a third wave of Covid-19 cases since the start of Oct. Daily new cases have set a new record high, from over 800 to yesterday’s staggering 1,228 total.

Given the gravity of the crisis, health and security measures have to be strictly enforced to keep the virus under control.

This rule, however, was seemingly lost on a 43-year-old Singaporean entering Malaysia recently. He offered a S$33 (RM100) bribe to Malaysian officers in hopes of skipping quarantine.

According to Malaysian English daily New Straits Times, the 43-year-old Singaporean company director was entering Malaysia yesterday (24 Oct) under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) arrangement.

Under this scheme, essential business and official travellers can travel between Malaysia and Singapore.

The Singaporean, however, wanted to skip quarantine. He offered a Johor immigration officer a S$33 (RM100) bribe instead.

At 3.50pm the same day, he was then arrested at the Johor Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission (MACC) office. He will be remanded for 5 days.

Kenna 5-day quarantine, with probable extension.

2 hours ago, Kklim said:

Don't spoil marlet lah. Used to be RM10 per mata, then Singaporeans bumped up to RM50. RM is 5-star standard 🙂

Last time I kena (I was breaking off early from our McLaren drive up as I didn't want to follow the group to Malacca etc. So I came back straight after the Sepang track session), they insisted on RM100 (or was it 150, can't remember). I paid cos too much hassle arguing with them. They were just driving along in traffic looking for victims and when they saw me, they just lit up and pulled me over. I don't think they actually clocked my speed or anything. Quite obvious they were just looking for handout as they assured me smilingly that I could speed all the way for next 50km as they would radio ahead and make sure their kakis don't catch. Well, they kept their word I guess. I really revved it up and blasted away from them. 😂😂😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 4

21 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

wow liao,, only 100rm..... kumlum....

4 hours ago, Kklim said:

Kenna 5-day quarantine, with probable extension.

Curious.  Why 5 day in remand? Shouldnt it be 14 days so along the way you can quarantine him as well?  After the 5 days will he be released or sent for 14 days quarantine or 9 days quarantine?

Asking for a friend :D

↡ Advertisement