Sneeze can get sprained back muscles or slipped disc

Jusnel

I have lumbar degenerative changes. I get back pain quite easily when doing chores or moving things etc. But thankfully don't have such problems with sneezing. 

Anyway i think if u have a stronger core, u won't really get such issues like a sneeze/cough causing a muscle spasm. Carrying heavy loads or what, then different issue.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

The human body is often romanticised as a marvel, but I always considered it a pretty shitty "design" in many ways - actually just a hodgepodge of evolutionary accidents of sorts (being an atheist, that's completely consistent with my worldview). We have to do what we can to help our poorly put together anatomies from self-destructing prematurely.

isn't it great human bodies are of a "shit" design? Imagine we are built like ka zua, virtually indestructible with an exoskeleton, Mother Earth would have been destroyed in 1945.

• Haha! 3

Just now, Kxbc said:

isn't it great human bodies are of a "shit" design? Imagine we are built like ka zua, virtually indestructible with an exoskeleton, Mother Earth would have been destroyed in 1945.

HAHAHA That's quite funny. 

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

A bombs B. B cannot die. B bombs A. A cannot die too. To and fro, to and fro bombing. Both A & B never die. Only Mother Earth suffer from all the effects of the bombing. And imagine we are really ka zua. One time will breed hundreds of small ka zua. Eat until Mother Earth becomes barren. 😁

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Any cause of suddenly increased intra-abdominal pressure - sneezing, coughing, straining to pass motion- can cause and exacerbate back issues and hernias.

The effects of a really violent sneeze can be profound because of simple physics - it's an impulsive force, a large change in momentum over a very short time interval, which can lead to a sudden spike in intra-abdominal pressure. 

To mitigate the effects, always brace your back when a sneeze is imminent. Tighten your abdominal muscles and flex your knees. Don't ever bend your spine, that's the worst thing you can do. 

The human body is often romanticised as a marvel, but I always considered it a pretty shitty "design" in many ways - actually just a hodgepodge of evolutionary accidents of sorts (being an atheist, that's completely consistent with my worldview). We have to do what we can to help our poorly put together anatomies from self-destructing prematurely.

So Charles Darwin is right ..... Evolution and with couch potatoes Gen and sedentary life styles ....everything with a remote control ...... we gonna re-invent ourselves all over again .... call this disruptive too ..... and again not Gods fault😇 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I couldn't even got into the driver's seat, let alone drive... 

Forget driving ..... can’t even sit on toilet bowl ......like a monumental task 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Forget driving ..... can’t even sit on toilet bowl ......like a monumental task 

Oh yeah. Talking about toilet bowl.

The morning I need to go toilet badly, I had to slowly sit down, and avoiding spasms. I imagine if I got multiple spasms while doing so, I would have fallen into the bowl.  LOL

• Haha! 3

26 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

So Charles Darwin is right ..... Evolution and with couch potatoes Gen and sedentary life styles ....everything with a remote control ...... we gonna re-invent ourselves all over again .... call this disruptive too ..... and again not Gods fault😇 

In general, I'm against blaming fictitious entities. Not productive. 😁

1 hour ago, Jusnel said:

The morning I need to go toilet badly, I had to slowly sit down, and avoiding spasms. I imagine if I got multiple spasms while doing so, I would have fallen into the bowl.  LOL

Yes the feeling is scary. The touchdown of butt to seat is like something unexplainable and then leaning back is altogether another issue.... now you feel like you are in analogue mode.... one by one parameter to be taken care of  ........ getting up again after lockdown and clean up  doing is again another challenge, something which we always took for granted.... haiz....I've been thru' it ,lucky for me we can pee standing....... for woman lagi teruk       

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Ronkovic said:

I can attest to this. I've personally encountered such an issue - After a hard sneeze, something in my back snapped and I had trouble standing up straight, even walking and I was in pain. Had to go to A&E and just muscle relaxants and painkillers cos' the shooting pain and spasms were really bad. Didn't help that I was already suffering from a prolapsed disc. 

Subsequently, some chiropractic adjustments did help alot. But main thing is still have to do a lot of back strengthening.

Oh my, slipped disc; so pain every day?

Got it from Army?

3 hours ago, Jusnel said:

You have spasms?

This doctor have orgasm .

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20201026-1095888

嘴吸胸称可活血 74岁中医师涉非礼女病患

来自 / 新明日报

文 / 项慧菲

发布 / 2020年10月26日 2:29 PM

74岁中医师涉非礼案开审,庭上揭露他要女病患自己用润滑剂按摩私处,又对她进行拔罐和针灸,在她无法移动时以嘴吸胸,称可促进血液循环。

74 year old Chinese physician use mouth to suck boobs and say it can improve blood circulation :XD:

ad5r3462.jpg?itok=ACcao1F6

• Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

You have spasms?

嘴吸胸称可活血 74岁中医师涉非礼女病患

来自 / 新明日报

文 / 项慧菲

74 year old Chinese physician use mouth to suck boobs and say it can improve blood circulation :XD:

Sibei lao tiko

On 10/26/2020 at 12:49 PM, Jusnel said:

Just a warning to all.

A sneeze can give you a sprained back muscle or worse, slipped disc 

I had a sneeze and my lower back hurts like hell. Pulled muscle.  Cant sit, move or sleep properly. Muscles spasm. 

Went to see GP. he say I'm lucky.  Other ppl got slipped disc. 

So when u sneeze, got to let it all out. Dont hold back . And no sudden jerking of body. 

For me, I think I had some sudden body jerking when I sneeze and I withhold some of the sneeze.  Hence I got this muscle problem 

Yes, it is quite common actually, especially amongst older people above 45

On 10/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jellandross said:

Sneezing is like nasal orgasm. I always let it all out until the whole block can hear me. No shame.

Got wear mask or not?

On 10/27/2020 at 8:42 PM, Throttle2 said:

Wah lau, like that can? And the woman believed? 

She cannot move according to her.

That's why kena sucked :XD:

599bf1f1Ncdb2cb64.jpg

On 10/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, Windwaver said:

You have spasms?

嘴吸胸称可活血 74岁中医师涉非礼女病患

来自 / 新明日报

文 / 项慧菲

My cheena half past six better seek help from google translate.......

Mouth sucking chest says it can invigorate blood

The 74-year-old Chinese physician opened a trial for an indecent assault case. He revealed in the court that he asked the female patient to massage her private parts with lubricant, and then performed cupping and acupuncture on her. When she was unable to move, she used her mouth to suck her chest, saying that it could promote blood circulation. The Chinese physician is Lin Yaba. He faced two accusations of insulting female dignity and two indecent assaults. He accused him of assaulting a 40-year-old woman in the Xinhua Chinese Medicine Clinic at 100AM Shopping Center, Tanjong Pagar Road, the previous year. Patient.

At the time of the case, he was a part-time TCM physician in the TCM clinic. Regarding the above crimes, Lin Yaba pleaded not guilty, and the case started this morning (October 26). The 42-year-old female patient gave evidence in court. The interrogation revealed that female patients had patronized this Xinhua Chinese Medicine Clinic for many years and had also purchased large and small packages. She went for a massage before September 24 of the previous year. Because she had a cough that day, the masseur advised her to see a Chinese doctor. In her testimony, she said: “When he came up, he asked me if I was married. I said I was here to treat my cough, and it had nothing to do with you. He took my blood pressure and said that I had blood problems and the massage just was useless. Suggest to help me do massage."

The female patient pointed out that it usually takes a week or two for her cough to heal, but she didn't expect that after the defendant's diagnosis and treatment, it would be better in three days, and she felt that he had good medical skills. So after October 1st, I went to see a doctor to treat her problem of qi and blood. To the surprise of the female patient, the defendant asked her if she had a boyfriend, told her to have more sex with her boyfriend, and suggested that her boyfriend help her suck her breasts, which could treat her problem. The female patient asked the defendant not to talk nonsense, and felt that this had involved her private affairs, and the defendant began to help her with massage. The female patient took off her underwear, but she wore a vest and trousers. The defendant took out a lubricant in an attempt to touch her private parts, but was stopped by the female patient and called herself. The Chinese doctor took the gloves and gave the female patient to massage her private parts.

At the same time, the female patient raised her left arm and massaged her private parts with her right hand. The defendant was performing cupping on her chest, and acupuncture was also being performed on her abdomen. She was "fixed" and could not move. She said: "Just when I couldn't move. He suddenly lifted my vest, exposed the upper body from the neck to the belly, and massaged me with massage oil. As the massage was in progress, he suddenly pinched my left breast nipple, Putting something on it makes me feel very uncomfortable." The female patient said that she did not know what the defendant had put, and then the defendant suddenly rubbed her breasts, then sucked the nipple with her mouth for a few seconds, and performed the same action on her right chest in the same way, which scared her. Jump.

Edited by Jellandross
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1